Notices

Old 9 Aug 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Shall we, sharnt we? Oh for goodness sake book it!

Soooo we haven't been to Vegas for 4 years! We usually go every other year so I'm feeling a bit hard done by! Whilst on our hols in New England in June we began to seriously discuss a possible trip in a September this year.

I called Virgin Flying Club while we were in New England and put flights on hold till we got home. We didn't have quite enough points between us for PE return flights so had to do a bit of jiggery pokery. We ended up buying 7000 miles for £120 and I transferred some miles from my account to hubbys which cost £37. Before I knew it we had flights booked for £157 plus the taxes in PE, from 25th September till 9th October. Vegas here we come!

Flights are sorted, so what's the rest of the Plan? Well, we decided we loved the Signature at the MGM Grand last time we stayed there so I began searching for prices. Got a great price for a one bedroomed suite with a balcony and kitchen so booked that for 8 nights.

Hmmm! What next? Well many years ago we drove through Zion National Park on the way to Bryce Canyon but didn't spend any time there. We decide to spend a night there this time so have booked the Holiday Inn Express in Springdale. Cost £242 through Booking.com but does include breakfast!

Next we're off the Bryce Canyon for the next night, Staying at Ruby's Inn which is where we stayed all those years ago, cost £112, bargain!

Then it's off to the big one, the Grand Canyon for 2 nights. We visited years ago as well, stayed at the Best Western Squire Inn which was lovely. It's now called the Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire and looks totally different! This has cost $540 for the two nights, really looking forward to staying here again.

Then it's back to Vegas for the last two nights, we're going back to the Signature but staying in a junior suite so no separate bedroom this time.

As this is an extra trip which we weren't supposed to be going on it's a bit of a budget trip, the flights were free (almost) the accommodation has cost more than enough and the plan with having the kitchen in Vegas means a couple of nights eating in our room! We didn't spend a lot in New England so we have enough money left on our Fair FX card to feed ourselves for a fortnight.

Oh yes, my Aunt and her boyfriend, who live in France will be joining us in Vegas! Can't wait to see her, haven't seen her for nearly a year and she's only 4 years older than me so she's like a sister, we will have so much fun!

Edited at 09:12 PM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Love it when a plan comes together 😏
Old 10 Aug 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We might be asking you for advise DS2 has at last said he and as we call her DIL2 areclookingbto get married in Vegas of course Mum and Dad are paying well you did pay for Grants in NewYork well yes but you got a car and J got the flat deposit
Have a great time
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Great trip. I love Vegas.
Always wanted to go to Bryce Canyon , the Ruby looks great.

I did a trip looking at Vegas chapels, they range from mega tacky to really nice.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Looks fantastic Selina, enjoy and look forward to reading all about it xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Ooh I'm staying at the Signature in October, glad it's decent
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a great plan

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
carolynne67
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks like a great trip. We had a one bedroom suite at the Signature last year and really enjoyed staying there.
Have a great time.
Carolynne
Old 13 Aug 17, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow what a great last minute trip!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Omg amazing
I have only signed up for virgin rewards. It's our first virgin flight. Looking forward to it. Just sign hubby up too now

Edited at 08:12 AM. Reason: Add more
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List