Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 May 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mb9466
Earning My Ears

:) Holiday reveal for an Adult

Hey guys!
My Family and I have booked a surprise holiday to WDW for my dads 60th Birthday from the UK, in September. My dads always wanted to visit Florida. We’ve told my dad that he is going on holiday, but have told him that he is going to Portugal. I don’t want to just say “by the way we’re going to” when we get the the airport to reveal the trip. I’d like to do it in a more creative way. Do you guys have any recommendations on a cool way to reveal the holiday to him? Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thank you!

Edited at 07:08 PM.
Mb9466 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi, good luck with it all I have hours until I reveal to DS 10 that he isn't going to Paris but Abu Dhabi which he loves. I bought a scratch card from not on the high street as recommended from a poster on here. Tomorrow in the car he'll scratch it and it will tell him where we are off to. I know you don't want that sort of reveal, but it's a different way of doing it possibly. I just hope in all the anxiousness of getting to the airport, I don't forget the scratch card,lol
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mb9466
Earning My Ears

Wow that’s a great idea! Sorry I didnt explain properly in me saying that I don’t want that kind of reveal. I mean I don’t want to just say “by the way” but a scratch card is a great idea. Thank you for the idea!
Mb9466 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I know what you mean I felt the same I wanted a bit of drama lol. Here is the scratch card:

notonthehighstreet/s...e-scratch-card

His will say' We're going back to the Yas Viceroy. Happy 10th Birthday.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

What about a crossword if your dads into these kind of things or bbq for the family and tell him then.

It’s so exciting all these reveals
Old 27 May 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Is it his birthday before the holiday-just thought you could give him a Florida travel book as a present, or how about having a Florida themed BBQ before you go and telling him then
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a lovely thing to do , he will be delighted. How about making a short video and play it for him on his birthday. Remember to sort his esta out as well, it will be brilliant planning it all.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Nic18076
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh - the scratch card idea sounds good and surprisingly not expensive either.

You will remember the ESTA though won’t you - he won’t have done it if he thinks you are going to Portugal?
Nic18076 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mb9466
Earning My Ears

:)

Thank you everyone! I’ve already done is Esta, I told him I had to do a new check questionnaire for the airline ! Thank you for the fab suggestions, it’s all so exciting! He turns 60 on our 4th night in Florida!
Old 29 May 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Ah how exciting i've done the same for my mum and dad (both turn 60 this year) But i surprised them with a countdown on my mum's birthday so they've got a bit of a run up to it. Can't offer any great suggestions for the day of, but i did manage to get the Mickey ear hats for £10 on ebay and that was in my folks reveal box - so you could even get something like that for him to open maybe?

good luck i'm sure it will be amazing! xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List