Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Apr 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I ordered some clarks school shoes last week as they were on offer. They don't fit so think I better send them back quick. I presume stores are still doing returns at the moment?
Old 9 Apr 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no, I love Debenhams. But if House of Fraser (which I never see anyone in) is still limping along then hopefully Debenhams can survive...
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Debenhams in Harrow is the only decent shop left, I also worked there for two years in my younger days. I can’t believe it I hope somebody saves them!
Old 9 Apr 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I like Debenhams and am a bit disappointed at this news. Not only cos I have stuff to return. Should be ok as they are expecting to operate until at least Christmas 2019.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I have never liked Debenhams.

The Edinburgh store was so badly designed from the day it opened. The woman’s clothes are on the third/fourth floor (can’t remember as it’s been so long) and to get there you have to go up the escalators but you have to walk to the other side of the store on each level for the next escalator up. It’s a farce. There is a lift but it is so slow in coming you loose the will to live waiting on it.

I am looking for a new flight bag and thought about looking there last week but just couldn’t face the hassle. If the other stores are like this then no wonder they are going bust.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post

The Edinburgh store was so badly designed from the day it opened. The woman’s clothes are on the third/fourth floor (can’t remember as it’s been so long) and to get there you have to go up the escalators but you have to walk to the other side of the store on each level for the next escalator up. It’s a farce. There is a lift but it is so slow in coming you loose the will to live waiting on it.

I am looking for a new flight bag and thought about looking there last week but just couldn’t face the hassle. If the other stores are like this then no wonder they are going bust.
I think part of the problem is that their shops are generally all too big thesedays as people shop online more and more. I like their swimwear and we have bought coats and suitcases in recent years.
Old 9 Apr 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post

The Princes St store is a horrible layout, but it's a small very old building and there probably isn't an easier way to set it up. There's another one in Ocean Terminal which has a more modern layout. Livingston too.

I think it's a shame. I like to go in to stores to look at things properly and have started paying the premium for this in an attempt to support the high street.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
The Princes St store is a horrible layout, but it's a small very old building and there probably isn't an easier way to set it up. There's another one in Ocean Terminal which has a more modern layout. Livingston too.

I think it's a shame. I like to go in to stores to look at things properly and have started paying the premium for this in an attempt to support the high street.
I don’t agree. The Princes Street store is not that small and all the other stores in the street managed to have better layouts. I think they were just hoping that shoppers would be tempted to buy something else as they treck past to get up to the higher levels. I could just be a cynical old fart though!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post

Yea the one in the centre of Edinburgh I don't like but the Ocean Terminal one I always enjoy going in and actually shop in there loads (probably the only shop in Ocean Terminal I really use). The Debenhamns in Glasgow is massive and was always good for shopping but Glasgow had the amazing House of Fraser so that was always busy.
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We had a refurb last year and it’s awful . You can’t find anything , it’s like someone just chucked loads of clothes everywhere . I get it’s made up of a series of stores but when will M&S and Debenhams ever learn . If you can’t find it you go elsewhere or shop online .
I feel for the staff , it’s not the shop floors fault it the people who run them and design them . They seem so detached from what shoppers actually want .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List