Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 Apr 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Looking for some top renting tips

Hi All,

After a super successful trip back to Disney last year with my family we had spoken about going again in 2020.

The DDP deals are not looking great and i'm thinking renting points may be the way forward. I've never looked into this properly so i'm just trying to understand a few things before i go back to the option of flogging a kidney to the highest bidder!

If any one can help with the questions below that would be amazing!

June 2020 i presume is to far out for people to even be thinking about selling points - Right? when would normally be the time i should start looking?

If you are renting points do you not qualify for the 60 day fast pass window or the 180+10 ADR window?

I would be looking to go for 10 nights in a 1 bed (anywhere really) is that to long for DVC rentals and would i be better trying to shorten that and stay else where for part of the trip?

Thanks in advance for any help xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s worth taking a look at a website like David’s dvc rental to get an idea of points you’ll need for each resort and how much it will cost.
You should get in touch with them around 11 months before you want to travel. Dvc owners are allowed to book their ‘home’ resort at 11 months, and at any resort at 7 months before.
You will probably have more chance of getting the 10 nights you want in you’re happy with old key west or Saratoga springs.
You’ll still get the ADR and fastpass window. Main difference is you won’t get daily cleaning
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As an alternative You can also use https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/dvc_charts.php and https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/dvc_points.php and rent from dibbers . Dibbers are very helpful and will help you find what you need. You just put a request on the forum , with your dates and preferred resort , acoomodation etc or respond to dibbers who are offering points. You obviously need someone with enough points for what you need .
Lots of us have rented from dibbers stress free
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jasonharry View Post
It’s worth taking a look at a website like David’s dvc rental to get an idea of points you’ll need for each resort and how much it will cost.
You should get in touch with them around 11 months before you want to travel. Dvc owners are allowed to book their ‘home’ resort at 11 months, and at any resort at 7 months before.
You will probably have more chance of getting the 10 nights you want in you’re happy with old key west or Saratoga springs.
You’ll still get the ADR and fastpass window. Main difference is you won’t get daily cleaning
Thank you for this, it's really helpful to know about Fastpass and ADR!

Totally happy with OKW or Saratoga, OKW is actually exactly what i'm hoping for!

xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
One other benefit of a DVC booking is no resort parking charges.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
As an alternative You can also use https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/dvc_charts.php and https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/dvc_points.php and rent from dibbers . Dibbers are very helpful and will help you find what you need. You just put a request on the forum , with your dates and preferred resort , acoomodation etc or respond to dibbers who are offering points. You obviously need someone with enough points for what you need .
Oh i might do that as well - hopefully if i try enough avenues i may get lucky!

Thank you xx
Old 15 Apr 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
andrews
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Ah, Mexy02, one of my happy renters!
andrews is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List