Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Apr 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Sadly no. The tiered plates have gone. I have the menu and some photos on my phone I think. I will dig it out in the morning.
Just found one. I will go onto my phone now.

Had to show the view!

Can’t find the cakes sorry. I can take more pics in 2 weeks if you like
Thanks tom, still looks good though 👍🏼
Old 17 Apr 19, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
You also tend to get the light bites offered in the afternoon - really depends on the crew, but you can ask for them anytime.

At the moment it's still the mini burgers and another couple of warm offerings.

I'm flying next week but I think the menu will have probably changed again before August.

Jill
Thank you. Enjoy your flight next week! 😊
Old 17 Apr 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi act1980, no, that stopped early 2016. No choice of sandwiches now, handed a cellophane wrapped sarny, they bring a few cakes and a scone, jam and cream.
Thanks Chris!
Old 17 Apr 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

There is a choice of sandwiches and I suppose it's down to the crew how you actually receive them. Ours were not in clingfilm and in fact I dont think I have ever had them wrapped, instead just on a plate.

Still can't find the photo but there are 3 little cakes to have.

Menu looks good. I’ve never had them wrapped either, they’ve always been put nicely presented on my plate. As you say, probably depends on the crew that day.
Old 17 Apr 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

There is a choice of sandwiches and I suppose it's down to the crew how you actually receive them. Ours were not in clingfilm and in fact I dont think I have ever had them wrapped, instead just on a plate.

Still can't find the photo but there are 3 little cakes to have.

Hiya Tom, oddly enough it was on our last UC flight, perhaps was a sign of what was to come on the return, as you'll remember... worst food we've ever (not!) received, but we're convinced it was a catalogue of unfortunate rare errors.

No sarny choice, we were given wrapped sandwiches, two filling types, one of which was cheese and onion and whilst we love onion, raw onion hates us and makes us both rather ill - I've never understood airlines dishing out onion stinky sandwiches. In PE a few years ago the lovely crew lass was dishing out wrapped sandwiches from a box, 'cheese and onion' she quipped, well damn, there goes tea. She threw them back in the box and said, VA simply don't listen to us (crew), we know what pax like and repeatedly tell them. She showed us a nigh on full box to be discarded. I said last year they did a delicious tuna salad sarny, she replied tuna salad are all eaten but very few want/can stomach raw onion, plus they make the cabin stink
Old 17 Apr 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hiya Tom, oddly enough it was on our last UC flight, perhaps was a sign of what was to come on the return, as you'll remember... worst food we've ever (not!) received, but we're convinced it was a catalogue of unfortunate rare errors.

No sarny choice, we were given wrapped sandwiches, two filling types, one of which was cheese and onion and whilst we love onion, raw onion hates us and makes us both rather ill - I've never understood airlines dishing out onion stinky sandwiches. In PE a few years ago the lovely crew lass was dishing out wrapped sandwiches from a box, 'cheese and onion' she quipped, well damn, there goes tea. She threw them back in the box and said, VA simply don't listen to us (crew), we know what pax like and repeatedly tell them. She showed us a nigh on full box to be discarded. I said last year they did a delicious tuna salad sarny, she replied tuna salad are all eaten but very few want/can stomach raw onion, plus they make the cabin stink
Chris. My Wife would love that onion. I am like you, I loathe it with a vengeance.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Hi act1980, no, that stopped early 2016. No choice of sandwiches now, handed a cellophane wrapped sarny, they bring a few cakes and a scone, jam and cream.
TBH I really though you were joking about this until I read your update - I've been flying UC at least twice a year for over 15 years and never had sandwiches in cling film. The crew must have been seriously bad, either that or they forgot to load the UC afternoon tea and you were given Econ/PE leftovers!

OP - I think 'Mr Tom's' photos are pretty up to date (I know it's recently changed from sandwiches to rolls) but, if you want any info from my flight next week, just let me know.

Jill

Edit - I quite like cheese and onion
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Cheese and onion are food of the Gods. And no worse than curry type dinners!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Sorry. No to both. Both crucify me sadly.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Chris. My Wife would love that onion. I am like you, I loathe it with a vengeance.
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Sorry. No to both. Both crucify me sadly.
We luv cooked onion, but, for some reason cooked recently upset hubs tummy too, ho hum... guess that's raw and cooked off the menu for him.

Sue, guess we'll have to disagree on two counts, cheese and raw onion is yuk and I don't believe in religion or gods one iota

I used to luv a curry, but due to hubs stomach (H Pylori) that kind of food stopped for us both.