Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 14 May 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
Imagineer

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I feel a bit lost.

Today I accepted ill health retirement, for mental health reasons. Im only 23, well 24 tomorrow but yeah. I feel very relieved but also quite lost. The past 6-7 months have basically been me stressing about pip and work, and being extremely mentally unwell. And now pip and work have been sorted, Im just quite, well what do I do now. Theres not a whole lot I can do right now, still very ill. Im thinking focusing on the garden would be good (I bought two more acre trees today) but I really struggle to be outside. Doesnt help that today and yesterday havent been too bad. I think Im a bit worried Ill crash, and then everything will be much much worse again.

Sorry I just needed a moan.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Moan away. Are you seeing someone? Counsellor, mental health nurse, gp? I was on high dose anti depressants for a year. The gp then gradually reduced the dosage over the next 6 months. I feel for you but help is out there. I walked a lot in the fresh air and the exercise made me feel better. I had no particular worries but it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was always a "coper" but found even the most menial tasks were overwhelming. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck in your recovery.
Villa at Emerald Isle 2015 - Wedding Trip
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Florida 9 are Off Again
Unread 14 May 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
Imagineer

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
Moan away. Are you seeing someone? Counsellor, mental health nurse, gp? I was on high dose anti depressants for a year. The gp then gradually reduced the dosage over the next 6 months. I feel for you but help is out there. I walked a lot in the fresh air and the exercise made me feel better. I had no particular worries but it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was always a "coper" but found even the most menial tasks were overwhelming. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck in your recovery.
Psychiatrist, psychologist, cpn and support worker plus 4 different meds at the moment (psychosis as well as anxiety depression and ocd.). I think Im very very slowly getting there. Thank you.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Good luck with everything. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Lake Garda,then Norfolk &Tenerife
Unread 14 May 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I havent got any words of wisdom but just wanted to say I hope you start to feel a bit better soon. Its good to hear youve got help and support in place.
2018 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Newport bay -dlp
Unread 14 May 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
Imagineer

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks guys. Im just so sick of feeling so terrible, Im just so tired.
Unread 14 May 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Very Serious Dibber

Try and focus on the positives.

You accepted that stopping work was the best thing for your health, that is a huge step. You have had a few good days, this might be the beginning of a great period for you.

Stopping work at a young age does leave you wondering how to fill your time. Gardening, even for short periods, is really good for you. Try to do something for yourself every day, even if it is just putting on lipstick.

I do understand you feeling a little lost. I retired at 28, rheumatoid arthritis, and it took me almost a year to accept I would not be working again. I helped one afternoon at our primary school. Volunteering, when you feel ready, can give you a purpose to leave the house, broaden your circle of friends and make you feel useful. As least, that is how it worked for me.

Please see this as the beginning of a great happy life. And as for moaning, consider it mandatory for good health!
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
Imagineer

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by vowels View Post
Try and focus on the positives.

You accepted that stopping work was the best thing for your health, that is a huge step. You have had a few good days, this might be the beginning of a great period for you.

Stopping work at a young age does leave you wondering how to fill your time. Gardening, even for short periods, is really good for you. Try to do something for yourself every day, even if it is just putting on lipstick.

I do understand you feeling a little lost. I retired at 28, rheumatoid arthritis, and it took me almost a year to accept I would not be working again. I helped one afternoon at our primary school. Volunteering, when you feel ready, can give you a purpose to leave the house, broaden your circle of friends and make you feel useful. As least, that is how it worked for me.

Please see this as the beginning of a great happy life. And as for moaning, consider it mandatory for good health!
Thank you. It feels so odd, meant to just be starting my working life, yet Im finished for the foreseeable future.

I dont own lipstick, so maybe Ill try a little bit of gardening each day. I think thats a good idea. Thank you
Florida Tix