Notices

Old 24 Jun 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 2. All Star Movies & Magic Kingdom

We had an early start today to check in to the hotel for our overnight stay, planning to leave at 7:10. I was up at 5:45 before the 6am alarm and Kevin was up right behind me. Showers, suncream, coolbags packed. Our backpack one for today, and a big polystyrene one from the villa and another of our small ones with more supplies for the room and tomorrow.

I woke Hannah at 6:15 reminding her when we wanted out. Then I woke her again 10 minutes later, I had to keep going in telling her to get a move on. When we were 5 minutes to leaving and we were all ready she assured me she would be. That 5 minutes passes and of course she is not ready at all, but appears to have all the time in the world to be snap chatting her pals back home. A few cross words and we eventually get out.

The mood was certainly lightened (for everyone else) when Kevin decided to muck about with the controls while we were sitting at a set of lights. As we pull away from said lights cold air starts blowing all through my seat, lifting my dress and making me freezing. I was horrified and started pressing all the buttons trying to get it off while the other 3 were in fits of laughter.

We arrived at the gatehouse and showed our All Star Movies booking confirmation, she asks for photo ID, I open my Kipling multiple to get our passport laminates and ... Not there. I had changed over from my blue multiple to my mink one and had missed the wee zippy bit at the back with the laminates in. We explained and she humphed a bit then let us through. So we knew checking in was going to be interesting.

We get to the check in desk and explain but he initially says there is no way he can check us in without photo ID. I usually have photos of them on my phone but some reason didn't this year. I had emailed my dad copies of our passports and driving licences recently so whatsappd my mum to get her to ask him to email them back to me so they would come to my phone. The checkin guy asked us to go over and wait for those to arrive, but then he heard me say my mum replied saying they were not at home but could send them later. He then took our park tickets, credit card (that he could see was linked in MDE) and asked us a load of security questions before checking us in. Phew. I think Kevin might have divorced me if we had had to go back to the villa. Got our magic bands and they said they would email us when the room was ready. Kevin went back to the car to put the parking pass in the window and get the Coolbag then we were sorted.

We waited 10mins for a bus to MK and it arrived with just one couple and a child on it. It was filled up by our stop and off we went.

Arrived at security at 8:45 and the queues were massive, but it only took us 15mins to get through bag check, the body scanners, then in to the park. We walked up Main Street stopping for a few MM photos then onto space mountain.

It showed a 20min wait and that was accurate. This wee old woman really annoyed me. She appeared from way behind up the side of the queue muttering in broken English about how her friend was up ahead and she just skipped a whole bunch of folk, ending up just in front of us. She was howling stinking too. Yuk. I said to Kevin how there was no pal and it was obvious she was just skipping. Well we get to the ride and we get split with her sitting in front of Kieran and I, and Kevin and Hannah in the carriage behind. I cannot believe this annoying smelly wee wummin is now in my ride photo. I did laugh as we went round mind you. She just howled No No No Oh My God Oh My God all the way. I started to wonder if actually knew what she had queued up for. It was very very shoogly mind you.

Off SM at 9:40 and over to Buzz. It was not showing the wait time but the family in front of us asked and were told 15 minutes. We were in fact on in 5 minutes. Kevin wanted to go straight back on again but the kids vetoed that saying they wanted to go to the speedway.

You can tell from Hannah and I's photo that one of knew where the camera was eh?

We get there and the two of them are bickering about who gets to drive. So I tossed a coin, Hannah won and Kieran declared he was not going on then. Weans. So, not entertaining any of this nonsense I said fine lets go and moved on. As we passed SDMT it had a 75min wait already, so thank goodness we had a FP for that later. We had a loo stop at the tangled toilets (love them) then as the Haunted Mansion showed 30m we went in.

We were in the stretching room within 10 minutes.

We then made our way round to Splash Mountain to do that before our FP for BTM opened at 11:50. We reached Splash at 10:35 and it was showing a 40m wait.

We actually only waited 23mins. Kevin and I decided to have a laugh with the kids on the photo to get them back for their bickering. Hee hee

Then we came off and stopped for an early lunch from the coolbag. By the time we left it looked really busy and the Q had gone up to 55mins.

We had another half hr to kill before BTM so had a look round the shop. I am slightly in love with this hat and think I might get it when we go back $29.99.

Kevin will not be getting this one

And the kids rested and fed had become mates again

Went to BTM 5 minutes before our FP and got on. The standby time was showing 45mins. We do love this ride. Was there never a ride photo on this one?

We came off at 11:57 and I decided I wanted to do the jungle cruise. We have never done this and to be honest I was not entirely sure what it was like. The wait showed 40 minutes (which it ended up was accurate) and the kids were not amused in the queue as they knew it was not a big ride. I can't say they were any more impressed once on the boat! Kieran just kept saying how everything was fake as if he could not understand why anyone would go on this boat to look at plastic animals! I did laugh. But not at Courtney the captains jokes. She was rubbish.

As we came off and passed the Aloha Isle I wanted to try another first – a dole whip. The kids came with me but were again unimpressed that everything they sold was made of pineapple. So declined anything.

The Dole Whip was lush!

We sat outside on a big wooden platform thing and watched the world go by for a bit. Kevins knee brace thing seems to be working and although we had to keep slowing down to let him catch up, he was managing ok. Kieran had a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich.

Next up was out FP for SDMT at 1:20 and the kids were really flagging now. We enjoyed SDMT as usual, but as soon as we got off, both kids wanted to get back to the hotel.

It was seriously hot today and although I was fine, they were desperate for some cool. Our last FP was Space Mountain at 3:15 but they were not interested in waiting so I cancelled it. We walked back round past the Speedway and having learned their lesson from earlier said they would ride it and both drive separate cars. They ended up waiting 40 minutes for this while Kevin and I sat in the shade and waited.

It was now 2:45 as we headed for the bus but I still had not had an email with our room number. We got back to the resort at 15:15 and queued for reception who explained the guy this morning had wiped my email address off in error. Got the room number, collected the car and drove round to the mighty ducks building. Got all the bags and coolbags out of the car, trailed round the building, trailed up the stairs as the lift wasn't working (ouchy for Kevins knee), only to find none of the magic bands would open the door. Aargh. Went downstairs to use the lobby phone to guest services, she reset them and told me to try again. Back up, and the MB opened the door. Yay! There was only one bed. Not so Yay! Back down onto that phone again. She then explained they had given us two interconnecting rooms and the bands would open next door too. Yay again!

All piled in, Kieran was straight down to the pool for a dip, Kevin went for a nap and Hannah plugged in her phone as she was having social media withdrawal. I lay on the bed, enjoying the cool air and churned out my TR up to this point in the hope I will be able to still upload it tonight. Usually when we have a hotel stay I don't get it done until next day. We have nothing booked for dinner tonight so need to decide what we want to do. Disney springs for dinner? Back to MK for Happy Ever After fireworks? Who knows.

Be back to add the evening update later!

We decided to go Disney Springs. On a Saturday night in June. With no dinner reservation. See where this is going?

Firstly the bus service that had been ok all day, suddenly went a bit Pete Tong. We arrived at the bus stop at 7pm and it showed the next one due at 7:24. Then it just kept adding another 5 minutes whenever it felt like it. Kevin was mumbling about just getting the car and just driving offsite for dinner when one eventually rocked up. We had waited 45 minutes.

It then took 30 minutes to get to Disney Springs. By this time all notion of meandering around enjoying the entertainers had gone. We just wanted to find somewhere to eat. So back to that no reservation thing. It was mobbed and everywhere was queued out. This was the queue for Blaze pizza.

We still want to try this at some point so will maybe come back on a weeknight. We ended up with fish n chips from Cookes Of Dublin as we could at least get near enough to it to actually buy food.

It was really nice but was about $46 for 3 portions. This is what Kevin said anyway as he came back with no receipt.

Once fed, we did have a bit of a wander and it does look lovely all lit up, but we could see the lightening starting. And given how long it had taken us to get out we wondered how long it would take to get home.

So we headed back to the bus stop. We waited nearly half an hour for the bus then it took another 35 minutes to the hotel. This drove me nuts, I can't lie. I couldn't do that every day on holiday. Apart from how slow it all is, the aircon on the bus is harsh. I was frozen.

On the way the rain started chucking down really hard. The driver had the bus in darkness so Kieran instantly fell asleep. We were sitting four in a row and Hannah had to put her arm across him to make sure he didn't fall off the seat!

Thanks fully the rain had eased off a bit by the time we reached home and we could donner back to the room without getting soaked.

Back to the hotel and settled for the night.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneygirlxx
Excited about Disney

I am loving your trip reports
Thank you for posting
Can't believe how grown up ur kids r getting
Glad u got check in sorted at the hotel would of been horrible to have to go bk to the villa
Disneygirlxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
FindingMerida
Apprentice Imagineer

FindingMerida's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It's so exciting reading all this knowing we'll be on our way soon!

Loving the MK photos

Be honest - how are you all coping in the heat?
May 2016 - DLP Newport Bay Club Oct 2016 - DIBB Villa, BLT
Jun 2017 - DIBB Villa, HRH, AKV
Mar 2018 - DLP Magic Circus Jun 2018 - DCL Magic 7 Day Med
Sep 2018 - DLP 36K Challenge Nov 2018 - DLP Sequoia Lodge at Christmas
Apr 2019 - DIBB Villa, AKV, BLT
Sep 2019 - DLP 36K Challenge
Oct 2019 - DCL Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K Challenge
FindingMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by FindingMerida View Post
It's so exciting reading all this knowing we'll be on our way soon!

Loving the MK photos

Be honest - how are you all coping in the heat?
It's bloody roasting. I am always freezing and love being anywhere really hot. But there was no way we could have done from 8:30 right into the evening tonight as the kids were really struggling. And that's us making sure they are drinking loads of water.

But I am not complaining!

See you soon maybe xxx

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

Mobile

Up for work at 6, but I had to catch up on this x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DIL2 spotted you all,today Sophie's a dibb lurker she said DS knew what she was on about when she said it's Scottishnellie but her family finally think she's lost it she's not yet told them because of the dibb (with a bit of help from me ) they have hardly queued in any park booked two separate nights at universal and had 4 days early entry and folp and a dibb
Favorite the cool box in the boot of the car for those cold drinks that you so need when you get back to the car park and DS2 says it's the hottest he's ever felt it in June
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
FindingMerida
Apprentice Imagineer

FindingMerida's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
It's bloody roasting. I am always freezing and love being anywhere really hot. But there was no way we could have done from 8:30 right into the evening tonight as the kids were really struggling. And that's us making sure they are drinking loads of water.

But I am not complaining!

See you soon maybe xxx
We tend to do early morning till just after lunch before we give up anyway so hopefully we'll cope!

My plans are nowhere near as detailed as yours! (I'm impressed!) but I'll DM you now
May 2016 - DLP Newport Bay Club Oct 2016 - DIBB Villa, BLT
Jun 2017 - DIBB Villa, HRH, AKV
Mar 2018 - DLP Magic Circus Jun 2018 - DCL Magic 7 Day Med
Sep 2018 - DLP 36K Challenge Nov 2018 - DLP Sequoia Lodge at Christmas
Apr 2019 - DIBB Villa, AKV, BLT
Sep 2019 - DLP 36K Challenge
Oct 2019 - DCL Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K Challenge
FindingMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 25 Jun 17 3:59 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

A lovely magic kingdom day Helen , bit eventful though
Glad you got checked in okay and you did well with the interconnecting rooms 👍👍.
I see some people still don't know how to queue properly and think they can push past... 😡 Cheeky old duffer!
Have a brilliant day today xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Lovely MK day! Feeling stressed just reading about that check in though glad it all worked in the end.

You're not selling the Disney buses to me!

Hope you have fun tomorrow x