Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 May 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Chef Mickeys or Crystal Palace?

I'm going to Disney World on Thursday and we fly back on the evening of the 26th. I've been looking into a character breakfast buffet that we can do on our final day. Currently I've got Chef Mickeys booked at 11.35am or Crystal Palace booked at 9.55am.

I wanted to go to Magic Kingdom afterwards to do any rides we may want to do again or any rides we might've missed, I know both of these restaurants are in the Magic Kingdom vicinity but I just don't know which one to do! I've done Plaza Gardens in DLP so I'm guessing that CP is very similar to this. I'm not fussed about whether we have Mickey and friends or Winnie the Pooh characters, I know both are buffets so neither will have the best food in the world but which one is slightly better food wise?

Thanks!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace_1412
Excited about Disney

Horses for courses. We tried Crystal Palace once and didnt enjoy it too busy and too rushed character interaction, I would pick Chef Mickey of the 2 but have you considered 1900 Park Fair at Gran Floridian, better then the 2 IMHO and on the monorail line to MK
Grace_1412 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
I would say CP is the best, light and airy, we have been there several times and never been rushed, food is very good.
Chef mickey is just to manic, like eating in a cafe, really noisy as well.Food is not even that great.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We didn't do chef Mickey's but did crystal palace and loved it
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Crystal Palace is so much better than Chef Mickey.

Chef Mickey is chaotic and noisy. The characters are rushed and poor and the food isn’t great either.

Crystal Palace is so much nicer on every level
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

CP is 1st choice as, depending on park hours, you can get some rides done before eating. Book yours Fp's for afterwards.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

Chef Mickeys was one of our biggest lows on our last trip. We have Crystal Palace booked for our upcoming trip & cant wait, that said I would really look into 1900 Park Fare as pp mentioned, it was one of our best meals last time & the characters were fantastic.

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Crystal palace is similar to Plaza Gardens in the fact that the design is similar and it's a buffet. However in many ways it's far superior to Plaza Gardens and plus Winnie the Pooh and Friends come to visit

I love Crystal Palace and it's a must every time we go.

It's the first one I booked for our upcoming trip

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I was very un impressed with chef mickeys when we went. Maybe we got a bad day but it was so loud and not so clean, the food was the worse we had the whole time we were there and the characters wizzed round.

On the other hand we had a lovely relaxed breakfasts at
Crystal Palace and much better interaction with the characters. The food was a million times better too. Also we booked an early one so had the added bonus of being in the park before opening so got some good photos and on a few rides early.
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Crystal Palace 100%

Lovely building, light, bright and airy. Lovely food, staff and character interaction. Inside the park, so easy to pop to the rides after.

We are not big fans of Chef Mickeys. We have been a few times and none of us were very impressed.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List