Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Jun 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger mad
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile Is counter service included in meal plan?

Hi all. It’s been a few years since we’ve been and last time we got the free 1/2 board. We’re considering upgrading to full board as the girls will need lunch. (Last time we either took snacks from brekkie or had to buy a lunch but that was with one child, we’ll now be travelling with 2.) Can we use one voucher at a counter service place like you can in WDW? Or will all meals fave to be at the buffets or table service? Many thanks!
Tigger mad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

We used our last Plius voucher in Casey’s Corner so I think you can. Took them ages to work it out at the tills though.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishlass77
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi Tigger Mad 😁,

Yes you can use your vouchers in the counter service restaurants no problem, there are a few that don’t accept them but most of them do like Chalet De La Marionette, Pizzeria Bella Notte, Toad Hall, Fuente Del Oro, Colonel Hathis Pizza Outpost, Hakuna Matata, Cafe Hyperion, En Coulisse, the Blockbuster Cafe and Annette's Diner 😊 x

Edited at 08:32 PM.
Scottishlass77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
With a full buffet breakfast and evening meal are you sure you would all need lunch ?
I wonder how much extra the full board would be. A QS meal with drink was around €15. If you just paid for the lunch each day would it not be cheaper than upgrading ? That way if you don’t actually feel like eating you haven’t wasted anything.

Our favourite daytime bite to eat was Victoria’s a little tea shop just off Main St. Sandwiches and cakes were a lovely change from the fast food elsewhere.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

OP do you mean you want to use one buffet/table service voucher at its cash value in a counter-service restaurant? Honestly at DLP that will generally be way more faff than its worth, as technically speaking its not a counter-service voucher, so you'd need staff in the counter service place to understand what you want to do, and then work around the till system to get it to work. Wouldn't you also have more vouchers than you needed if you did this?

I agree with a previous poster, it would seem to make more sense to stick with the half board plan and then pay for your counter service meals on top of that. There are several options that are not in the participating restaurants list which may be better value anyway.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger mad
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thanks everyone for your replies. Last time for us adults we used our afternoon tea voucher to have a snack while our daughter had a lunch. My thinking this time was perhaps if we upgrade to fb then we have vouchers for the 2 girls for lunch and then if we were hungry hubby and I could split a meal. I’ll have a look into menus and costs etc before committing as some of you suggested it might be cheaper; and true about all the faff at tills. I never thought about that as last time we had the afternoon tea voucher and not sure if that’s a thing anymore. Good to know though that they could be used in other places. Thanks. We don’t go until next summer so time to add in extras yet 🙈 Thank you all again!
Tigger mad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Teatime treat is no more.

To be honest we found full board too much food and too much time. They are not officially for CS so we ended up in buffets.

For us it was £15 per person per day to upgrade to full board. That is basically the cost of a CS meal deal. It is good value if you would seriously eat all you are getting - ie full buffet breakfast, 3 course lunch and 3 course dinner - but even I couldn’t eat all that!

I would say put the equivalent money aside or on a prepaid card, and use it how and when you want.

Also, please don’t take breakfast food away with you. It isn’t allowed (any more than it would be in a buffet restaurant here) but people do it, and that is why the breakfast is no longer free. I don’t mean just an apple or something, people were making full picnics at breakfast and then boasting about it later. (Not saying you would do this.) Apart from anything else, carrying around ham, cheese etc at ‘ambient temperature’ is asking for tummy trouble!

Edited at 12:25 PM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger mad
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Teatime treat is no more.

To be honest we found full board too much food and too much time. They are not officially for CS so we ended up in buffets.

For us it was £15 per person per day to upgrade to full board. That is basically the cost of a CS meal deal. It is good value if you would seriously eat all you are getting - ie full buffet breakfast, 3 course lunch and 3 course dinner - but even I couldn’t eat all that!

I would say put the equivalent money aside or on a prepaid card, and use it how and when you want.

Also, please don’t take breakfast food away with you. It isn’t allowed (any more than it would be in a buffet restaurant here) but people do it, and that is why the breakfast is no longer free. I don’t mean just an apple or something, people were making full picnics at breakfast and then boasting about it later. (Not saying you would do this.) Apart from anything else, carrying around ham, cheese etc at ‘ambient temperature’ is asking for tummy trouble!
Thanks for the price info on upgrading. The more I hear from all of you lovely helpers is that it’s just as easy to pay as we go. Didn’t realise that a counter service would still be 3 courses 😱 too much food i think. Regards breakfast, yeh folks were taking masses to make huge picnics like you said. It’s a wonder they made it out dining room as they actually brought the picnic bags in with them. One family didn’t even do it discreetly, they were ladling stuff into the bag at the buffet rather than at table! Oh dear. A wee apple and croissant was all we took, but not enough to satisfy a growing child lol hence the lunches. Gives us the excuse to go to Caseys for some hotdogs!
Old 2 Jun 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Sorry, I confused you. A counter service meal is usually something like burger, fries, drink and ice crea.

Full board is actually full buffet breakfast, table service lunch and table service dinner. So yes, unless you go to a buffet and don’t eat much, you would be having three courses at lunch and another three at dinner. Also bear in mind that a TS meal can easily take an hour and a half or more - the French don’t rush food.

Officially the vouchers are not valid at CS places so it depends if the CM is willing to accept it. Given that queues are long and service is excrutiatingly slow, my inclining would be to keep money aside instead. That also means you could just get a snack, or pop out to Earl of Sandwich or the like.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger mad
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Sorry, I confused you. A counter service meal is usually something like burger, fries, drink and ice crea.

Full board is actually full buffet breakfast, table service lunch and table service dinner. So yes, unless you go to a buffet and don’t eat much, you would be having three courses at lunch and another three at dinner. Also bear in mind that a TS meal can easily take an hour and a half or more - the French don’t rush food.

Officially the vouchers are not valid at CS places so it depends if the CM is willing to accept it. Given that queues are long and service is excrutiatingly slow, my inclining would be to keep money aside instead. That also means you could just get a snack, or pop out to Earl of Sandwich or the like.
No, you honestly never! It’s made us think about it and realise that if we think in terms of how we used our credits at WDW, we never had a lunch. We just used snack credits to get by. Some chips or a sandwich would be enough for the kids and if it’s going to take ages to sort everything out then I’m glad you said as we know before going. I just wanted to get all the pros and cons before doing anything with our booking. 😉