Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Jun 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have just watched it as a result of this thread. It did look good, but they were so uber positive that I started to wonder about their objectivity considering it was a gift. Hmm I don't know...
I like their videos but they do get invited to a lot of free stuff including openings, I don't think its unreasonable to question their objectivity.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by amarooney View Post
I like their videos but they do get invited to a lot of free stuff including openings, I don't think its unreasonable to question their objectivity.
Agreed - it’s not that they would do it deliberately, it’s just that stuff like that frames the experience. We all know that if you wait 2 hours for a ride it is way more likely to be underwhelming than if you walk onto it - in the same way, being gifted something fantastic makes you feel all happy and grateful even if you are trying to be objective.

It certainly isn’t the same experience when you watch a third-a half of your spending budget for the whole hol vanish on a 3 hr experience!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
Agreed - it’s not that they would do it deliberately, it’s just that stuff like that frames the experience. We all know that if you wait 2 hours for a ride it is way more likely to be underwhelming than if you walk onto it - in the same way, being gifted something fantastic makes you feel all happy and grateful even if you are trying to be objective.

It certainly isn’t the same experience when you watch a third-a half of your spending budget for the whole hol vanish on a 3 hr experience!
I do watch the DFB videos and enjoy her content..She was seriously underwhelmed by the food on offer at Galaxys Edge on her first review. Within a day or so that had changed to a far more positive report. Maybe I'm a just a cynic but it was a big turnaround in her views. To be fair she remained critical in what was on offer on the kids menu but then no one can praise for what it offers at the moment.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Peanutt
Imagineer

Peanutt's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have been lucky enough to have eaten twice at V&A - the first in the Queen Victoria room which only has 4 tables seating a total of 8 and the second was the Chefs Table (link to our review https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1104845 )

We went the first time for the experience and the second to celebrate our Wedding Vow Renewal

I would recommend it for a special occasion - we both love food and enjoyed CG and Narcossess but felt it was in a very different league, perhaps to the very formal setting and no children. Yes its expensive, but is also unique. Are you paying over the odds - yes - but its Disney and its the experience as well as the food - if we had something special to celebrate for just the two of us we would definitely consider going back :-)
Peanutt is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We go to Michelin star restaurants around Europe and usually we spend around £250-300 so the cost just seems excessive to me for what it is.
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List