Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 10 Jun 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile Has any1 had friends working at Disney get you in on cheap tickets?

We have friends in Orlando and they have said they can get us in for 1 day at Disney cheaper as they have family working at Disney. Just wondered if anyone here has done this and how it works regards to FP? As she told me they don’t give out tickets in advance anymore because of people selling them and that instead we will meet the cast member on the day who will let us in. Details are quite vague and I’m wondering how it will work. The holiday was a non Disney one as we are going with our 11month old but we can’t turn down a 1 day visit for the price it will be!
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter has gone with friends who have gotten in through friends/relatives who work for Disney. They have to go through the gate together but can then leave. They can not book fastpasses ahead. I am not sure if they can once they enter the park. They can park hop without a problem later as they do have an active ticket. There are occasional black outs such as from HS when Toy Story Land opened.
Old 10 Jun 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
My daughter has gone with friends who have gotten in through friends/relatives who work for Disney. They have to go through the gate together but can then leave. They can not book fastpasses ahead. I am not sure if they can once they enter the park. They can park hop without a problem later as they do have an active ticket. There are occasional black outs such as from HS when Toy Story Land opened.
That’s a great help Donna. So will we be issued a ticket once we’ve gone through? I wondered wether they’d perhaps give us some paper FPS to use as unlikely to get much on the day. We plan on just doing MK and maybe hop to Epcot.
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw1991 View Post
That’s a great help Donna. So will we be issued a ticket once we’ve gone through? I wondered wether they’d perhaps give us some paper FPS to use as unlikely to get much on the day. We plan on just doing MK and maybe hop to Epcot.
I doubt you can get paper fastpasses since the tickets are free to staff for friends and family. They are very unlikely to be sympathetic that you couldn't book anything ahead.

I believe the cast member collects the ticket ahead of time but then also has to go through the turnstile with you. The ticket then has your fingerprint.
Old 10 Jun 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

My mate is a sub contractor working in Seattle and gets the perks of tickets, the basic tickets cast members get mean they have to go in /collect the tickets on behalf, however if your more senior you can get comp tickets, however the way these are allocated have some some challenges , they are day only tickets and a resource has to accumulate time of hours worked to be able to reedem tickets. (other polices may still be in force too) however when he looked into it for my last year, he now has to apply for the tickets via their internal online portal like the week before rather than the old way of getting them in advance, plus limited to the number of days.

I'm the end up, it was not worth /or fair to use all his allocation for my family for only 4 days access, which would mean he would not get more tickets for at least a year.

Edited at 05:00 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile

We were told it’ll be $60 each which we are happy with for the day as we hadn’t even planned on Disney so it’s a bonus for us!
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wdw1991 View Post
We were told it’ll be $60 each which we are happy with for the day as we hadn’t even planned on Disney so it’s a bonus for us!
well, even if you're ok with that, consider what you were told (and you wrote in your opening post)

As she told me they don’t give out tickets in advance anymore because of people selling them and that instead we will meet the cast member on the day who will let us in.

Cast Members get free tickets (limited number per year), it's illegal to sell them.

if you get comp tickets (free) you need to meet with the cast member at the park entrance. Both cast member and invited guest need to be present at time of redemption.

You'll be issued a free ticket
with that ticket you can enter the park, and even park hop
you will be able to make your 3 FP+ selections once you're in the park (of course, there will be limited choices)

you'll need to rinse, repeat, every day if you go for multiple days

the CM may also use their maingate pass, but, same as above, it's not allowed to sell them
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
RealLifeMermaid
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We’ve got friends who are Cast Members and what is described above re them meeting you and letting you in is absolutely correct.

It is completely against Disney’s policy for Cast Members to charge their guests for entry to the parks. If Disney knew about this, they wouldn’t be Cast Members for much longer!

It sounds like you are being had, being charged $60. You shouldn’t be charged at all.
RealLifeMermaid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Batman1
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

We went 2 days ago using a friend's free tickets for friends and family. They were emailed to me (4) and I printed them. I booked fast passes using the code on the ticket voucher.
Presented the printouts at the desk and got our tickets. No cast member with us. She asked and I said no.
Batman1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

My DW cousin works for Disney UK, i think shes some sort of area manager for the north west stores, she gets 4 1 day tickets every year. She gave us her 4 for this year that's how i know and they were paper tickets that we have linked to MDE.

Edited at 07:29 AM.
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List