Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 29 Jan 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Julia Bradbury walking round back streets of Bolton and I'd still watch it.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Yes, just watched it. Pyrgos looks beautiful, as does the small island a few minutes away.

More for the list!

I loved the look of the tiny unspoilt island too.
I made some fava (split pea dip) a little slice of greece in January.

Edited at 06:49 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Will have to give it a try. I love hummus.
Old 30 Jan 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Who else said '...and a nice chianti'?

Only caught a couple of these and it looks good, anyone recommend somewhere for a middle aged couple? BTW Julia has some lovely clothes
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post

Only caught a couple of these and it looks good, anyone recommend somewhere for a middle aged couple? BTW Julia has some lovely clothes

I said to my wife about the fava and chianti and then made that 'air-sucking' noise from the film.

I recommend Kalami on the Noth East coast of Corfu. It's a lovely low key resort with several apartments, and a nice beach on a lovely bay. There's one hotel complex there as
well. Just a handful of tavernas.

One of the great things is the free boat services to another bays' tavernas. Also a boat service to Corfu Town. Lawrence Durrell, Gerrys brother, lived in the White House there with his wife and wrote about his time there in Prospero's Cell.

I also recommend the Hotel Telesilla in Kontokali nearer to Corfu airport. The hotel is quite nice, nothing fancy, and it's on the main drag, so not the most scenic of areas. There is a nice marina a few minutes walk away. The thing that sells it is probably the friendliest sincere service we've ever experienced, great food, fantastic drinks and a lovely night time transformation. You can catch a bus into Corfu Town for great sightseeing.

Edited at 07:54 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

Parga? A real mixed of nationalities a bit greener than some of the hotter greek destinations. Fly into Preveza.
Naxos I absolutely loved. Arrived by Ferry from Piraeus but a few ways to get there. Corfu or Rhodes also stunning. Just try not to book the party bits unless that's your thing. Or try a bit of island hopping so easy to do. To be honest I've been going to Greece on holiday for 30 years never had a bad holiday just love it x

Edited at 08:02 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
After going to Kefalonia last year, I can’t wait to return. Beautiful scenery, lovely food, nice people, clear sea, warm weather and goats, dogs and cats everywhere.
Old 30 Jan 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
After going to Kefalonia last year, I can’t wait to return. Beautiful scenery, lovely food, nice people, clear sea, warm weather and goats, dogs and cats everywhere.
I would also recommend Kefalonia! We've been a few times and love it! We like staying in Lourdas, but also love the scenery around Sami

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 04:19 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I love the Greek islands and now want to visit all of them. Complete opposite of a Florida holiday
Old 1 Feb 20, 04:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
We've been a couple of times and had great holidays. Once to Ag Nik and once to Rethymnon. We did the trip to Spinalonga too. Very poignant.
Have you read Victoria Hislop's book The Island? It is a novel that brings the sad story of Spinalonga to life. It was even turned into a Greek TV series.