Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Aug 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Yorkie2021 View Post
The EU are considering reimposing the travel ban to the US. Will be interesting to see if Boris follows suit.
I think in fairness we should. Replace “United States” with say, the democratic republic of Congo and it would be on the red travel list all day long with their deaths/cases.

The EU and Boris have held off touching that as they probably were hopeful of a you scratch our back we scratch yours deal with allowing travel.

I say ban them. Maybe Biden might get some more pressure, as ultimately now they have no incentive to really consider us travelling there but if their own citizens were impeded..
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
I think in fairness we should. Replace “United States” with say, the democratic republic of Congo and it would be on the red travel list all day long with their deaths/cases.

The EU and Boris have held off touching that as they probably were hopeful of a you scratch our back we scratch yours deal with allowing travel.

I say ban them. Maybe Biden might get some more pressure, as ultimately now they have no incentive to really consider us travelling there but if their own citizens were impeded..

The overwhelming majority of US citizens wouldn't care or even notice if banned from the UK. I hope you don't ban us, because at the moment, it's the only way dual national families (like mine) can see each other.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Despite the fact we're still waiting for our September trip to be cancelled (thanks TUI, won't be booking with you again). We are tapping out for November.

We are due to pay November's balance to VH next week and given that TUI currently have 4k of our money I am not prepared to hand over yet more cash to be floating around in cyberspace. Planning to move to May, we've always wanted to visit for Flower & Garden.

However, we have decided that if the borders do open we will book something last minute as my annual leave is booked regardless.

I am however the unluckiest person in the world so it's pretty much guaranteed that the borders will open as soon as I get my confirmation email for changes, you guys can thank me later

Edited at 07:00 PM.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

It’s fairly telling even on the positive threads the talk is basically acceptance of cancellations..I just want to be put out of my misery and get a refund to put forward to a Canadian trip!
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wetpanda
Helping Donald

It’s fairly telling even on the positive threads the talk is basically acceptance of cancellations..I just want to be put out of my misery and get a refund to put forward to a Canadian trip!
We are looking at the very same

For similar money we can spend Xmas in the Rockies and with slightly more certainty than Orlando!
Wetpanda is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
FozzyB
Trainee Dibber

Hi Collybird, we are due to travel with VH 29 Oct, but we approached VirginH and they pushed balance payment date to 17 Sept (6 weeks out) so ask them, will give you some time to see how things pan out for November? Though if you’re happy to call it and move it, that’s fine. We are hoping we may get cancelled at 6 weeks and get a refund? Unlikely but….
FozzyB is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FozzyB View Post
Hi Collybird, we are due to travel with VH 29 Oct, but we approached VirginH and they pushed balance payment date to 17 Sept (6 weeks out) so ask them, will give you some time to see how things pan out for November? Though if you’re happy to call it and move it, that’s fine. We are hoping we may get cancelled at 6 weeks and get a refund? Unlikely but….
Thank you for that, I had heard of them pushing balance to 6 weeks out but when I asked they said next week was the latest they could offer

It's a shame as I'd have been happy with 6 weeks out, we'd (hopefully) have our money from our September trip back which I'd have then used for November.

This is the first time we have booked with VH and they were actually great when I called. I didn't think it would be a straightforward change as I wanted to change a passenger name, change the departure date, change the resort and change the departure airport but it was very simple and no fees. Impressed with them so far.

Nevertheless still hoping to get there in November!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

I think he might have enough pressure on him about other far more important things at the minute. I would imagine allowing us to go on holiday will be very far back on the list.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by SamH88 View Post
I think he might have enough pressure on him about other far more important things at the minute. I would imagine allowing us to go on holiday will be very far back on the list.
Yeah, I’d say that there is little chance of the corridor reopening this year now. I’d even doubt the first half of next year too. The politics of this Afghan retreat will rumble on for months if not years.

$85b of military hardware just given to the Taliban… incredible!
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

Still staying positive over here! Would love our trip to go ahead. Can cancel up to 3 weeks before we go so plenty of time for the cases to come down and borders to open
sixpence18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List