Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 7 Nov 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Lovely first day, you packed so much in especially considering how little sleep you had. I can’t believe how tall Kate is now 😱

The evening meals look delicious, your ravioli would be my choice but the ciabatta bread in the burger looks amazing too
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Lovely first day, you packed so much in especially considering how little sleep you had. I can’t believe how tall Kate is now 😱

The evening meals look delicious, your ravioli would be my choice but the ciabatta bread in the burger looks amazing too
When I had a bite of that burger I wish I'd ordered it! But having ravioli in Italy seemed more the done thing.

Yep, Kate really is getting tall now, although I'm only 5ft4 so she was always going to surpass me.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
When I had a bite of that burger I wish I'd ordered it! But having ravioli in Italy seemed more the done thing.

Yep, Kate really is getting tall now, although I'm only 5ft4 so she was always going to surpass me.
Yes I try to stick to the local food on our travels too, and your ravioli did look superb

I’m only 5ft so all our children soon overtook me 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Gosh, that’s a long day for you on so little sleep. What a shame the mattress was so hard.

But Roma! It’s such a beautiful city .. years since we’ve been but your photos bring back just how beautiful it is . Fabulous pics in the museum. I did laugh at the kids doing their best to get through it as fast as possible.

Your meals were good value. And love you had an in room stock of snax and wine too. Good call.

Looked so pretty all lit up at night as well.. you must have been dead on your feet by then though.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Yes I try to stick to the local food on our travels too, and your ravioli did look superb

I’m only 5ft so all our children soon overtook me 😂
It seems to be the way of it, me and my 3 brothers are all taller than my mum too.

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Gosh, that’s a long day for you on so little sleep. What a shame the mattress was so hard.

But Roma! It’s such a beautiful city .. years since we’ve been but your photos bring back just how beautiful it is . Fabulous pics in the museum. I did laugh at the kids doing their best to get through it as fast as possible.

Your meals were good value. And love you had an in room stock of snax and wine too. Good call.

Looked so pretty all lit up at night as well.. you must have been dead on your feet by then though.
Honestly, it's like they were up against Usain Bolt in a race and thought they had a chance of winning. They didn't feel the need to stop and admire as they went through the museum, they absorbed it as they sped through.

I'm glad we went back that night as the following night was really wet. It was so pretty with all the lights.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Howling at the kids but not yours raring to go…I was thinking wouldn’t it be great if mine showed some enthusiasm like Max & Kate, well for a split second anyway

I’m reading along thinking ooo how interesting and then I realised everything looks a bit like my honeymoon photos I obviously didn’t absorb much of the information from our tour guides-it was nearly 20 years ago!

Your food looked good Go Dave on his room picnic haul
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Howling at the kids but not yours raring to go…I was thinking wouldn’t it be great if mine showed some enthusiasm like Max & Kate, well for a split second anyway

I’m reading along thinking ooo how interesting and then I realised everything looks a bit like my honeymoon photos I obviously didn’t absorb much of the information from our tour guides-it was nearly 20 years ago!

Your food looked good Go Dave on his room picnic haul
He was so proud of himself for going out without me to help him...as you know he doesn't really give any attention to planning a holiday, so he had no clue of the area we were in and he doesn't have a brilliant sense of direction so even though he's a grown man he was like a teenager and all triumphant for haul and also for not getting lost!

Old 12 Nov 21, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

What a fantastic first day Abby! The weather looks lovely too. I'm very jealous you made it into the Sistine Chapel and museums. I went to Rome for my honeymoon with my ex husband back in 2006 and the day we decided to visit the Vatican, hundreds of school children from Catholic schools across Europe were singing for the Pope so no tourists were allowed in so we just had lunch in St Peters Square. We went back two days later to try again but then the Pope had invited all the children back to do a special service for them so it was closed again so we never actually made it inside

I'm not surprised you were exhausted with that little sleep and all those steps! Dinner looks really lovely though.
You're right, St Peters Square looks stunning all lit up at night!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
What a fantastic first day Abby! The weather looks lovely too. I'm very jealous you made it into the Sistine Chapel and museums. I went to Rome for my honeymoon with my ex husband back in 2006 and the day we decided to visit the Vatican, hundreds of school children from Catholic schools across Europe were singing for the Pope so no tourists were allowed in so we just had lunch in St Peters Square. We went back two days later to try again but then the Pope had invited all the children back to do a special service for them so it was closed again so we never actually made it inside

I'm not surprised you were exhausted with that little sleep and all those steps! Dinner looks really lovely though.
You're right, St Peters Square looks stunning all lit up at night!
Oh no a shame you missed out on the Sistene Chapel. It was breathtaking, although it was very crowded and it would have been far more moving if there hadn't been quite so many people...but that's to be expected with such an important piece of history. St Peter's Square and the Vatican were both amazing to see, even for heathens like us who aren't religious.

Old 8 Jan 22, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Just found this trippie - brilliant photos and sounds like you did really well for the day especially given the lack of sleep. Would you have felt safe walking round by yourself - Rome is on my list of places to visit but I'd be going solo.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List