Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 May 22, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
charleigh08
Very Serious Dibber

Children not vaccinated

Hi,

Have 5 children all under 6 not vaccinated, what is the current state of play with tests?

What do we need to do, do they test like adults before we go if so how many days before?

Do we need to test whilst out there.

What tests are required for children when back if any?

Do you still need to fill in attestation forms?

Thanks in advance of your replies
charleigh08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Antsp
Excited about Disney

Children 17 and under are exempt from the vaccination requirement. Children under 2 years old do not need to take a pre-departure test.

For travel, the US definition of a fully vaccinated child is the same as the definition of a fully vaccinated adult. This is different to the UK. Further details are on the US Embassy website.

Children 17 and under who are not fully vaccinated are exempt from the quarantine requirement after arrival in the US but must take a test 3 to 5 days after arrival and should self-isolate should any symptoms develop or if they test positive.

If a child is not fully vaccinated and traveling alone or with adults who are not fully vaccinated, they will have to show proof of a negative viral test from a sample taken within one day of departure.

If a child (17 and under) is travelling with only one parent or someone who isn’t a parent or legal guardian, you may be asked to provide certain documents at the border. For further information, see the US Customs and Border Protection website
Antsp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingUgly
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Have 5 children all under 6 not vaccinated, what is the current state of play with tests?
They all need tests

What do we need to do, do they test like adults before we go if so how many days before?
They test just like adults. 1 calendar day before your flight.

Fully vaccinated adults don’t. Your child need to take a day 3 antigen test however as far as I know this isn’t enforced and nobody is checking!

No tests required upon your return for any of you.

Yes, you all need to fill in an attestation form. AFAIK adult ones can be done online but children’s ones have to be printed and brought with you or completed at the airport at check in.

I *think* all this is correct.. but if any dibbers have more up to date and correct information please feel free to correct! ☺️
Old 24 May 22, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SleepingUgly View Post
They all need tests

Fully vaccinated adults don’t. Your child need to take a day 3 antigen test however as far as I know this isn’t enforced and nobody is checking!

Yes, you all need to fill in an attestation form. AFAIK adult ones can be done online but children’s ones have to be printed and brought with you or completed at the airport at check in.

I *think* all this is correct.. but if any dibbers have more up to date and correct information please feel free to correct! ☺️
Agree with this.

The test for kids whilst there can be the free NHS one if you have any left. You don't have to report it. Just promise (attest) that you'll do it.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Antsp
Excited about Disney

It's about time the US dumped this testing requirement, the novelty of Covid has long gone.
Antsp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

The CDC website has all the current official rules.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
charleigh08
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SleepingUgly View Post
They all need tests

This is great thank you for addressing all points.
charleigh08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Antsp View Post
It's about time the US dumped this testing requirement, the novelty of Covid has long gone.
Delta said before the end of April, that they were confident testing would end in a few weeks after speaking with White House Officials.

its now the end of May, but I think the US have a lot on their plate after yesterdays tragic events. it will come to an end eventually, just got to go with the hand you've been dealt with I suppose.
Old 25 May 22, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
Delta said before the end of April, that they were confident testing would end in a few weeks after speaking with White House Officials.

its now the end of May, but I think the US have a lot on their plate after yesterdays tragic events. it will come to an end eventually, just got to go with the hand you've been dealt with I suppose.
I think these airlines keep saying this so people feel confident to keep booking flights, they’ve said it so many times now and still waiting.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List