Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 22, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
AndyGB
Getting Excited

Are there any ramifications if your GE application is refused ? I ask as I have to travel on a B2 visa as I was refused entry back in 2002 as I went out there to get my private pilots license, the flight school said no VISA required as training for less than x hours a week and the CBP people in Orlando disagreed and so I was put on the same plane back as I arrived on.

I often get pulled for secondary processing as a result and if GE would avoid that it would be a real boon as there is always that uncertainty around getting someone who is having an off day and anyone I am travelling with is left in limbo until I (hopefully) reappear, but that has taken two hours in the past (LAX was particularly bad) which obviously raises stress and anxiety levels all round !

I'm also not sure if it is worth applying due to this statement:

You may not be eligible for participation in the Global Entry program if you:

Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration or agriculture regulations or laws in any country

But the MAY NOT would imply that it isn't a hard and fast rule.
AndyGB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
facelikefizz
Trying for More Ears

That's our conditional approval through now, 19 weeks after applying. Thank you to captain-codeye and Claudette for reassuring me a couple of weeks ago that I shouldn't be concerned about the length of time it was taking. Now to wait for September appointments for Orlando to open up.
facelikefizz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
djali
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by facelikefizz View Post
That's our conditional approval through now, 19 weeks after applying. Thank you to captain-codeye and Claudette for reassuring me a couple of weeks ago that I shouldn't be concerned about the length of time it was taking. Now to wait for September appointments for Orlando to open up.
That’s good! Did you get an email or do you have to keep checking on your online account?

I’m hoping for a September appointment too - do you know how far in advance they open up?
Old 24 May 22, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
facelikefizz
Trying for More Ears

We got an email (me on Saturday, my husband today). At the moment the appointments are only up to August. I'll be checking daily to see when September is added!
facelikefizz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Once it’s approved. Is there a limit of time frame when u must attend the appointment by?
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
facelikefizz
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
Once it’s approved. Is there a limit of time frame when u must attend the appointment by?
The FAQ says it's 730 days.

ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/faq?lang=en
Old 25 May 22, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
djali
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by facelikefizz View Post
We got an email (me on Saturday, my husband today). At the moment the appointments are only up to August. I'll be checking daily to see when September is added!
Just had mine and my daughters through this evening but no sign of my husbands yet. He keeps refreshing his email but I wonder if like yours it might be a couple of days in between!
Old 25 May 22, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Originally Posted by djali View Post
That’s good! Did you get an email or do you have to keep checking on your online account?

I’m hoping for a September appointment too - do you know how far in advance they open up?
For MCO, August opened on Monday 16th May. The July dates opened on 7th / 8th April.
Sanford opened up 2 months of slots (July and august) on around 12th May.
I became obsessive checking!
Old 25 May 22, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
djali
Excited about Disney

Husbands through as well now and we’ve managed to get Sanford interviews for June - absolutely amazing, we only applied 10 calendar days ago, super quick!
Old 28 Jun 22, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Update,

After waiting 14 weeks for conditional approval I did an interview on arrival in Phoenix 2 weeks ago, easy, no questions and done in 10 mins.

I applied for my son last week and it’s been conditionally approved today, 9 days later!

I don’t know if there are less checks needed on a child’s application? But all good.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List