Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 May 22, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
I always assumed they could deliberate on any evidence shown in trial, law is a minefield 🤯
Obviously civil jury trials aren’t a thing on this side of the pond, but in a criminal jury trial things that the jury must disregard would be dealt with as they arise. E.g. if a lawyer is going down an inappropriate road with a witness, the jury would be sent out, the issue would be sorted and if the jury need to be given an instruction it would be given when they come back in. I think it would be very hard for that bit to be done at the end. It’s totally normal for directions to the jury to be sorted out at the end though.
Old 26 May 22, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

After today all I can say is she seriously over estimates her acting capabilities !
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Lolz
She just admitted to writing the op Ed about Johnny!
I watched, and gasped at this! Glad I am not the only one to notice! She admitted twice that she wrote it and it was about Johnny! That was the whole point of this case, defamation.
AH team wanted this thrown out at the beginning, claiming dome one else wrote the heading and Amber didn't write any of it.
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Obviously civil jury trials aren’t a thing on this side of the pond, but in a criminal jury trial things that the jury must disregard would be dealt with as they arise. E.g. if a lawyer is going down an inappropriate road with a witness, the jury would be sent out, the issue would be sorted and if the jury need to be given an instruction it would be given when they come back in. I think it would be very hard for that bit to be done at the end. It’s totally normal for directions to the jury to be sorted out at the end though.
Thank you for the explanation, I’ve found the legal side of it fascinating if I’m honest, if a little confusing at times!
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

So what do you think? Who will win this case? I can only hope the jury saw the same things we did...
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
So what do you think? Who will win this case? I can only hope the jury saw the same things we did...
I hope Johnny Depp does get some form of justice from this, and I hope that the jury can see through the lies she has told. Either way I’m sure for him, being able to tell his story is a huge thing, and the fact that people do believe him, I’m sure, will mean a lot to him
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
I hate to say it but I think Amber will win. Her career is ruined and she has lied throughout. The case though is, did the op-ed defame him and ruin Johnny Depps career ? I don’t think it did. He had ruined his own career with his own drug use, drunkenness and lateness etc.
I really hope he does win. I would love to see that smirking face of hers ! He actually seems like a nice guy who has problems. ( or is he just acting I don’t know)
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

I’ve tried to watch this trial as a neutral person but I have found it hard. Each time AH took the stand her behaviour was quite bizarre she looked as though someone had yelled action when her lawyer was up. It was as though she was acting a part facing the jury with agonising facial expressions and sobbing (but with no tears) but as soon as JD lawyer was up her whole demeanour changed and she seemed as though she couldn’t control her aggression to the point where she admitted writing the Op-Ed twice.

I also found all of her witnesses to be poor in comparison to JD. JD’s were all calm and presented clear facts to back up there testimony were as AH’s were argumentative (that male psychiatrist was very odd) and didn’t present any credible facts.

I do believe it was a toxic relationship and JD has obviously got some big issues around addiction but I do not believe the allegations made by AH. What makes it worse is she has tried to make herself a poster girl for abuse.
Old 27 May 22, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Sadly I think the pp is right that as far as the defamation case goes that he will lose. And then I suspect we will see Amber claim that this is a victory for dv, which is insulting for victims everywhere, because this trial has shown to me anyway, without a doubt that she was abusive. Although the lawyer guy on Twitter that’s there everyday has her as losing, especially after yesterday’s performance and admissions, so who knows!

Edited at 07:43 AM.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

When do we find out who has won or lost?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List