Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Dec 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Having a disastrous day

Invited Mum up for lunch and to wrap some presents. So before she arrives I go upstairs to bring down presents. As I've let our new pup have my well worn furry slippers I'm wearing DH's too large slippers. You can guess what happened... near the top I trip my hand shoots out and hits the newal post. I hear a crack! Feeling sick and faint I manage to get downstairs and almost crawl to the kitchen for my mobile to ring DH as he has popped out.
Two minutes later Mum is at the door. I explain what has happened and sit down with some painkillers. DH arrives and gets us a cup of tea and finds a bandage so I strap my little finger to the next one.
Mum says she will head home and drop me off minor injuries. Going out of the front door her knee goes and she is sat on the door mat..help ! DH gets her up and she says she is ok but I can tell she is shaken.
She drives me to the hospital five minutes away but at 81 she is loosing her confidence and I'll admit I'm a bit scared in the car with her.
I'm sat in a freezing waiting room awaiting the x-ray result. My hand is really swelling up. Can't work out if I've cracked my knuckle or broken little finger.
Can type ok using thumbs luckily. Posting this as bored, not much else to do. So much for my best laid plans today 🤣
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Yeash !
Can’t get any worse ...

Best wishes
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

I feel your pain literally. New rug yesterday. Forgot the anti slip mat. slipped threw myself into the air landing in the cats dinner and water. thumb dislocated. Now trying to crack on with xmas with thumb spiker on.
Old 10 Dec 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by pumpkin mom View Post
I feel your pain literally. New rug yesterday. Forgot the anti slip mat. slipped threw myself into the air landing in the cats dinner and water. thumb dislocated. Now trying to crack on with xmas with thumb spiker on.
Wishing both you and Judy C a speedy recovery.

My hubby broke his little finger on Monday, he caught it in a heavy door at work.

Seems to be a dangerous time for hands at the moment
Old 10 Dec 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Invited Mum up for lunch and to wrap some presents. So before she arrives I go upstairs to bring down presents. As I've let our new pup have my well worn furry slippers I'm wearing DH's too large slippers. You can guess what happened... near the top I trip my hand shoots out and hits the newal post. I hear a crack! Feeling sick and faint I manage to get downstairs and almost crawl to the kitchen for my mobile to ring DH as he has popped out.
Two minutes later Mum is at the door. I explain what has happened and sit down with some painkillers. DH arrives and gets us a cup of tea and finds a bandage so I strap my little finger to the next one.
Mum says she will head home and drop me off minor injuries. Going out of the front door her knee goes and she is sat on the door mat..help ! DH gets her up and she says she is ok but I can tell she is shaken.
She drives me to the hospital five minutes away but at 81 she is loosing her confidence and I'll admit I'm a bit scared in the car with her.
I'm sat in a freezing waiting room awaiting the x-ray result. My hand is really swelling up. Can't work out if I've cracked my knuckle or broken little finger.
Can type ok using thumbs luckily. Posting this as bored, not much else to do. So much for my best laid plans today 🤣
Oh no 😩😩
Hope you’ll be ok
Sending love ❤️❤️
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Oh yikes! Really hope you’re seen soon and it’s nothing too bad.
Your poor mum too!
Looks like your dh will be doing the wrapping 😆
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Oh heck . Just seen the x-ray and I've broken my hand. It's borderline if it needs pinning., Just waiting to find out if I can get away with strapping
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Oh heck . Just seen the x-ray and I've broken my hand. It's borderline if it needs pinning., Just waiting to find out if I can get away with strapping
Oh no. 😳 I hope that you are ok and that you can get away with strapping. 💖 take care
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

My most disastrous time was a fall while out walking and managed to break my LEFT
elbow , had it strapped as had to keep movement no matter how much it hurts. Tried to see the funny side and would be ok for my daughters wedding in 9 weeks.
2 weeks later ran out to bring something in for my neighbour as it was raining, yep foot caught the drain hole , down I went and back to A&E. Hours later left with my RIGHT WRIST plastered up 😫😫😫😫. Laugh about it now but was totally floored not able to use either hand. Thankfully a few days before wedding the plaster removed 😀😀

Edited at 03:10 PM.
silverfox46 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Sat here havhvg a little cry, feel so stupid. How am I going to manage our new puppy and Christmas stuff 😥
93 94 03 2023 DLP