Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 9 May 22, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Howea1 View Post
I logged on at 4pm and am still waiting at 5.15pm so could a few hours I guess. Does anyone know if its open on a Saturday at 12.00 and would that give me a better chance of being answered, as have just got kicked out with an error code
It's 7 days a week
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WDocW
Very Serious Dibber

We tried it a couple of times in the afternoon/evening but got bored waiting so changed tack and did the Genie+ trick of refreshing the site at opening time yesterday - joined the queue at 12.00 and was in the video chat at 12.25 talking to a very nice gentleman who sorted us out very quickly.

We aren't so fussed about the advance selections, last time the issue we had was the queue at guest services so was glad to get the DAS sorted. We like to do things a bit more on the fly depending how we feel.

Would definitely recommend anyone wanting to do the online chat to log in at exactly 12pm on a Saturday as it was quick and efficient.
WDocW is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Mobile

So you can register for DAS before you travel and some people book their rides at that point? Can you just book rides on the day depending upon when and where you go?

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by joandwayne View Post
So you can register for DAS before you travel and some people book their rides at that point? Can you just book rides on the day depending upon when and where you go?
Those who pre register get the opportunity to book two rides per day - similar to the old fast pass. These are totally separate from all others.

Everyone with a DAS gets to book one ride at once on the day.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Great thread.

Would I qualify?

I had an accident at work causing a bad fall, crushing my knee and tore ligaments and am still on the mend , however the impact of this has been that the other leg swells like a balloon and I can only put my weight on this leg for short periods as my excessive weight has caused the ankle to 'buckle' and the pain is searing.

I'm hiring an ecv to get around the parks, but dont know if i'm able for some rides, especially if there are stairs and no lifts.

Also, if i'm on ecv, is there anyway i can get a time for a ride rather than trying to wait in the heat?

I'm thinking i should try and get genie plus before the offer ends 26th may.

any thoughts? If I can get times to turn up on my ecv, i think i'd be fine.

My son (who is autistic) will be with me and he is my carer currently!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddiemoo2009
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by lam View Post
Great thread.

Would I qualify?

I had an accident at work causing a bad fall, crushing my knee and tore ligaments and am still on the mend , however the impact of this has been that the other leg swells like a balloon and I can only put my weight on this leg for short periods as my excessive weight has caused the ankle to 'buckle' and the pain is searing.

I'm hiring an ecv to get around the parks, but dont know if i'm able for some rides, especially if there are stairs and no lifts.

Also, if i'm on ecv, is there anyway i can get a time for a ride rather than trying to wait in the heat?

Yes you would qualify just explain why you can’t wait in the regular line when you do the online registration, we have used the DAS lots in the last few days and on all rides we saw people with wheelchairs and ECV you just transfer to the ride
Your son will also be eligible for a DAS if his autism affects him in crowded places/long waits etc
Maddiemoo2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Officially it's 30 days before your last park day but there are reports of people being able to do it anytime from 30 days before check in.
I manage to book them from the 17th of June to the 29th of June last Thursday.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Great thread.

Would I qualify?

At the moment, under current DAS guidelines, you would be advised that an ECV is adequate for your needs. All the queues are accessible in some way, those that can't handle the ECV will have an alternate entrance that you will be directed too. Genie+ will give you some return times if you can purchase it.

How will your son be in the queues? If he can't cope with them very well with his autism it may be that he qualifies for DAS rather than you?
Old 23 May 22, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
At the moment, under current DAS guidelines, you would be advised that an ECV is adequate for your needs. All the queues are accessible in some way, those that can't handle the ECV will have an alternate entrance that you will be directed too. Genie+ will give you some return times if you can purchase it.

How will your son be in the queues? If he can't cope with them very well with his autism it may be that he qualifies for DAS rather than you?
Thank you.
I'll try and add on to our 14 day ultimates tomorrow before the expiry date.
My son can handle the queues if less than an hour. We've been so many times now, he is familiar with a lot of it!

long queues in the heat will make my leg swelling much worse and i'm afraid of the consequences of this, Hence need for a specific time range that I can come back for some of the rides.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

long queues in the heat will make my leg swelling much worse and i'm afraid of the consequences of this, Hence need for a specific time range that I can come back for some of the rides.
I would try and and pre register for DAS then, explaining these issues to the CM should help you get one.