Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Apr 22, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Monko View Post
So, can I clarify please - I can order from Qured/DocHQ in the UK - have the tests delivered to UK address to pop in the suitcase and then take the test in the US via video link appointment (bearing in mind UK time difference)? Thanks.
That is exactly what we did in March
Old 20 Apr 22, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Next Friday! Have a fantastic time 😁.

We fly to Seattle on the 19th May, cruise is the 27th May from Vancouver? Are you on the Millennium?

Should have WiFi at the hotel, and think dh will buy an esim so should be able to use his phone? (Can't use an esim in my phone unfortunately!). Haven't done Celebrity check in yet, need to make sure I haven't missed anything 😅.

Love to know how you get on? 😁
We're on the Solstice, 6th May. It's her first sailing, as she has been out of action due to Covid until now.

We've done one Celebrity cruise, and loved it. Hopefully this will be the same!

Will definitely try and remember to let you know how it goes. I'll be writing it up for my blog, but that just concentrates on gluten free food, so won't detail the whole experience.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 22, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
We're on the Solstice, 6th May. It's her first sailing, as she has been out of action due to Covid until now.

We've done one Celebrity cruise, and loved it. Hopefully this will be the same!

Will definitely try and remember to let you know how it goes. I'll be writing it up for my blog, but that just concentrates on gluten free food, so won't detail the whole experience.
Have a fab holiday 😀
Old 17 May 22, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Monko
Having Dinner with Goofy

Just an update as been and gone on the RC cruise now with no issues. We decided to 'gamble' and we booked our USA Covid Test with Walgreens whilst in the UK before departure. Walgreens seemed to be the only US pharmacy in the Orlando region that we could book via the UK - we had to put in the phone number of the hotel we were booked at (Seaworld Orlando), but all other details were accepted.
Anyway, we had our tests at Walgreen drive through on I-drive and was done and dusted in 5 minutes and had our results through via email within 3 hours. All accepted by Royal Caribbean and at a cost of $0 which was fantastic, so would highly recommend for as long as Walgreens offer free tests.
We did check in at the Walgreens 24 hours before our test times to confirm with them that we were ok as UK citizens getting tested and all confirmed ok.
Old 17 May 22, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Our Dochq tests that we took out with us worked fine. Had a fantastic time cruising round Alaska, but came home with Covid. 😞
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for updates re tests that worked everyone!
Sorry u brought Covid back Ladyshopper (from the ship or plane u think?) and hope you feeling ok?
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Our Dochq tests that we took out with us worked fine. Had a fantastic time cruising round Alaska, but came home with Covid. 😞
Sorry to hear you have Covid .. hopefully neither of you are feeling really poorly.

How did the Celebrity cruise go? I'm currently looking for something around March and have Celeb on my list.

Joa
Old 19 May 22, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Thanks for updates re tests that worked everyone!
Sorry u brought Covid back Ladyshopper (from the ship or plane u think?) and hope you feeling ok?
It was definitely from the ship. Seems like a lot of people have tested positive from the same sailing.

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Sorry to hear you have Covid .. hopefully neither of you are feeling really poorly.

How did the Celebrity cruise go? I'm currently looking for something around March and have Celeb on my list.

Joa
I've been quite unwell (this is day 6 in bed, am going to try and eat dinner downstairs for the first time later). Terry has it too, luckily he hasn't been as unwell as me and has been looking after me.

Really enjoyed the cruise. It was our second Celebrity cruise. There were some issues with getting gluten free food (some of this can be blamed on it being the first sailing of the ship being back in service, but not all of it.

Other than that though, it was really good.
Old 26 May 22, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Did our DocHQ tests this morning from our hotel room in Vancouver, both negative thank goodness! 😊. Very easy process and all checked in for our Celebrity cruise tomorrow! Hotel printed the certificates for us just incase needed tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up on this thread! So much easier and cheaper than finding somewhere to go in Vancouver! 👍

Edited at 11:15 PM.
catlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Oh no! We have similar from our WDW trip - I guess this is a common thing currently.

Can I check did you use your America Dochq test for both the cruise and the flight? Just trying to work out logistics for September (I know its awhile off but getting prepared)