Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Apr 22, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ahh I see. Well he should have cleaned himself up from whatever he is on before Court as he came across appallingly.

But I will say they both seem to have issues and that’s all I know about them. Hopefully the truth will come out. I doubt it though.
I have been watching, while I agree he comes across appallingly, it is hard to watch him talk. He struggles sometimes to sound coherent. BUT he is a self confessed opiates addict (I think) which I am guessing would do that kinda thing to you brain, he also has claimed to have been clean of them now for a number of years. I watched as he answered a question on the last time he took them and his face and expression was that of a really proud child, he claimed he hadn't taken any since he became clean of them.

It is no secret he has been on hard drugs, and my impression of him now is that his body and brains have taken the brunt of it. He also has ADHD, which won't help with his speaking in public, as another poster has said, he has always been a private guy and he has never come across eloquently in interviews, so it's not a new thing and so the ADHD could be a big reason why.

I do believe him, I do wonder if in the past, any abuse by him could have been silenced (he is a very rich man with an even more rich reputation to keep) but I find this a stretch of my own questioning.

Then again... He is an actor.
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I think they both have issues but she appears more violent person. I think she is using her gender to her benefit, as domestic violence against males is less commonly talked about

HIs talking was strange, but apparently that's what he is like even without drugs/medications. He is also quicker to talk on topics other than his marriage like talking about his addiction, it appears he doesn't really feel comfortable talking about the marriage
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I have met Johnny Depp several times through a friends brother back in the 90's including having breakfast with him twice, I even had Christmas dinner in his NY apartment (He was not there for Christmas period). I found him interesting, humble and charming in a slightly unusual way, a good guy to be around. The Johnny Depp I have seen in the last 10 years is very different from the guy I met and liked.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I have met Johnny Depp several times through a friends brother back in the 90's including having breakfast with him twice, I even had Christmas dinner in his NY apartment (He was not there for Christmas period). I found him interesting, humble and charming in a slightly unusual way, a good guy to be around. The Johnny Depp I have seen in the last 10 years is very different from the guy I met and liked.
And your account of him is very similar to many other peoples! Isn’t it a strange coincidence that changes were noticed right around the time he met her. I do think she is a very manipulative and poisonous individual to be honest and I do feel sorry for him.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Two addicts is never a good combination but he was a drug abuser before .
Maybe she cleaned herself up better than he did after the marriage ended . Neither appear to have not been abusive . I don’t buy his “I wasn’t as abusive as she was” version. Abuse is abuse .
I also don’t buy, “I couldn’t leave” he had the means to leave (as did she) and neither chose to do so.
He keeps bringing and losing these cases , is his judgement /ego flawed, is he badly advised ? Has he already lost it ?
It’s like watching a car crash. Horrible

To be honest I’m amazed how badly he comes across in court. When all is said and done he is an actor and has a legal team who would be coaching him prior to taking the stand surely .

Edited at 09:46 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i know we all tend to default to siding with the female in domestic abuse matters (as we should) but i knew something wasnt right when doug stanhope (a comedian i've been a fan of for a long time) wrote this article in defence of johnny...

thewrap/johnny-depp-...-guest-column/

amber then sued doug over it, but it got dropped as part of the divorce settlement...

eonline/news/792556/...-doug-stanhope

also, #MePoo

Edited at 09:37 AM.
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

When he was filming a Pirates in London at one of the buildings under my teams eye, we met him and the producers & Directors for many meetings - mostly lunch, breakfast and tours over 3 years . He was decidedly odd but not unpleasant just, well eccentric. I felt he I was in character the whole time (unlike Tom Cruise who we worked with on a couple of projects who was the nicest most natural down to earth bloke ever)

I feel this was just a bad marriage in every sense of the word - wish them both well and what is the old saying, no such thing as bad publicity ? Well they re getting buckets of it now and seem to be relishing in it
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 22, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LOUISEACAT
Proud to wear my Ears

I came across Amber Heard about three years ago at a work event. She was speaking on a panel with other women who had suffered abuse of various types - it was interesting and upsetting listening to them, but when Amber spoke it was quite odd. She seemed to be very OTT, the tears felt fake and speaking in clichés - my friend and I both felt very uncomfortable. Now I can't say she wasn't telling the truth - it could have been the actor in her, being American etc but it all just felt 'strange'.
LOUISEACAT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 22, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Nah, not really interested. But if nobody else wants him... I am sure I can put him to use somewhere...
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 22, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Nah, not really interested. But if nobody else wants him... I am sure I can put him to use somewhere...
Do you need anything knocked down? He looks quite good at deconstructing things….

Probably best you give him a good wash first though

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List