Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 May 22, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
We applied on March 3rd and were conditionally approved for our flight out by April 1st. There was no availability for interviews for the next few months but did interview on arrival which took 45 minutes for four of us. We were shocked at how quick it all was after what we’d been reading.
That is quite an unusual timeline based on how things have been going reported on another thread. Perhaps they have speeded up somewhat or maybe a lucky blip.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
facelikefizz
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
We applied on March 3rd and were conditionally approved for our flight out by April 1st. There was no availability for interviews for the next few months but did interview on arrival which took 45 minutes for four of us. We were shocked at how quick it all was after what we’d been reading.
This is making me wonder if there is a problem with our application. Although I can't imagine why there would be. We applied on 8 January.
facelikefizz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by facelikefizz View Post
This is making me wonder if there is a problem with our application. Although I can't imagine why there would be. We applied on 8 January.
I don’t think so, I think your wait is normal and there is nothing wrong, the poster that was approved quickly has had some exceptional and unusual luck.

I would think based on my dates you will hear back in the next 2 weeks or so.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by facelikefizz View Post
I also think you are fine. You are maybe slightly over what other people have reported lately, but much closer to normal than the other poster.
Old 15 May 22, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

once I start the GE application could I still travel into the US? or must I wait til the GE approve before any futher travel?
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
once I start the GE application could I still travel into the US? or must I wait til the GE approve before any futher travel?
No you don’t need to wait for approval. It is nothing to do with the actual visa / immigration process, it is about skipping the physical queues.
Old 15 May 22, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Can I ask what difference would the airline you are flying with make?
Interested to read that Aer Lingus not allowed
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Can I ask what difference would the airline you are flying with make?
Interested to read that Aer Lingus not allowed
The airline has to agree to the expedited security procedure used.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
The airline has to agree to the expedited security procedure used.
Thanks, I suppose flying with Aer Lingus could mean pre-clearance anyway if via Dublin. Just no advantage on the return leg.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Thanks, I suppose flying with Aer Lingus could mean pre-clearance anyway if via Dublin. Just no advantage on the return leg.
If I regularly flew from Dublin, I absolutely wouldn’t bother with it. I didn’t even realise there was an expedited queue for security on the way back when I applied, it was to me mainly about immigration queue on the way in. I think I have never queued in security on the way out for more than twenty minutes.