Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 May 22, 03:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three - the big (double) surprise

And the there were three - the big (double) surprise

Thursday 5th May - Cinquo de Mayo

I’m awake on and off through the night but wake for good at 5.45 - this is a record. Normally on a US trip I would still be waking for good at 3 or 4am on day 4. It usually takes a week to get into a normal pattern.

I’m not looking forward to day as we have to pack. We have to be off the ship by 7.30 am tomorrow straight after breakfast. Hopefully today we will get to do some of the other acuities and also spend a bit of time outside in the sun.

I look out on the balcony and the sea is like a millpond with the sun beaming down. I could stay here forever.

We head to breakfast for 8.30 - the buffet restaurant has a later opening time today after the Late night last night. We sit outside and it’s boiling. After we have finished we go to guest services to see if there’s any news on the gratuities. Phoe then wants to have another mooch in the shops and it’s a good job she does as I find the butter knives from animator’s palete and have to get myself one. We then take a look at the dooney and bourke bags. There is also a love Tiffany heart necklace like the return to Tiffany one I got in New York but it’s a Disney Cruise line one they also had a really nice rectangle Disney dream one - but I’m on a budget this trip as I spent all my coin in New York last month! Jas got phoebe a Pandora charm for her birthday so that’s something ticked off the list.

We then purchase 2 of our photo pass (not sure what to call them) photos. One from pirate night and one from castaway cay as Jas had specifically asked to get a picture taken which is most unlike her.

Pre sales for bingo start at 10.45 so we head to Evolution at 10.30 - good job we did as there was already a queue. We paid $20 dollars each and got 2 electronic boards and 2 books. The final game was for $10,000 if you got a full house in 46 numbers or less which no one achieved. The winner took 59 numbers but still got $500. We didn’t win anything which was no surprise really.

We headed outside to get some lunch.
Phoe had a headache which she couldn’t shift so went back to the room. Jas got a burger which looked really good and some chicken tenders. jas seemed to be enjoying eating outside which again is unlike her so phoebe rejoined us and we found a new camp with some beds in the sun and one in the shade and then we all rode the aquaduck. The girls went and joined the queue again while I picked up a panini. We then sat on the deck with Jas watching Frozen on Funnelvision.
This morning the cruise director said that he would be checking the schedule and they may be able to show the new marvel Dr Strange film. Dilemma. If they show it, it will start at midnight and we all know that marvel films are never short. We need to be at breakfast for 6.45 with all of our day luggage. I’m thinking it’s a non starter but at the same time it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity. At the same time Jas doesn’t want Phoe and I to watch it as we haven’t seen What If yet.

I really don’t want to get off my sunbed to start packing.

We head back to the room at 4 and start the arduous task of packing. It’s not ideal having to take everything you need for a two week holiday on a 4 night cruise. Although we’ve gotten rid of our fish extender and
Pixie dust goodies, we have have the items that we’ve received plus the purchases that we’ve made. Everything is getting a bit tight and I keep finding more piles of things to fit in.

While Jas is in the shower the cruise director announces that they have oermisssion to show Dr Strange in the multiverse of madness. They’re going to have it in both theatres and start it at 11 which is music to my ears as I don’t think I could wait until midnight.

We’re finally packed and showered and ready for dinner. Tonight we’re at Royal palace. The good was delicious. I had deep fried brie to start followed by chateau-briande and crème brûlée.

After dinner there is a photographer taking pictures of families on the grand stair case so decide to have ours done. Jas is really surprising me this trip as she joined in. We then saw that the sun was setting outside so headed out to take some pictures.

It was now just after 7.30 and the silent disco had started. I’ve always wanted to go to one of these but the girls weren’t keen but we meandered along as it was on the same floor, well, this was one of the best things I’ve ever done. It was hilarious. The head phones had 3 channels and you can easily flick between the 3. Jas just sat dvd listened but phoebe and I were dancing away. When you take the head of phones off you can hear people sing away but to 3 different songs. Phoebe didn’t want to give up her headphones when it ended.

We went back to the room to get the last bits in the cases before putting them outside. Tonight was the beauty and the beast live show in the theatre. We decided not to go as we’re seeing it in the west end in june but they show it on a Chanel on the tv so we did this instead. By 9 o’clock I was ready for bed now need to stay awake for Marvel.

My eyes started to get heavy and the next thing I know Jas is getting her jarmies on saying we’re not going as no one will be awake. This then fully wakes me and Jas and I set off at 10.15. Phoe is too tired and her stomach is hurting. She’s very funny about eating meat outside of the home in case it makes her ill (remember the emetaphobia mention on day 1). Well this week she’s eaten chicken which she never eats at home along with steak and tonight she had duck which pushed her over the edge. She kept saying it was pink and it was pink but a fully cooked pink not a rare pink and her mind has gone in to overdrive.

Anyway, Jas and I went to look at the photos we had taken after dinner and purchased two - we probably should have just gotten the 10 photo package but it was fairly pricey.

We then went to one of the theatres and despite them saying that it would open at 10.45, there were people who had stated in from the previous movie so we could go in straight away. Jas got a massive bucket of popcorn to take in. The theatre is beautiful and the seat fabric has Mickey heads on but then we meet our first negative about the ship. The seats recline but not in a normal reclining way but the lean back tippy sort of way so there is no way of sitting upright. One we were semi laid back our feet weren’t in the floor properly so it wasn’t comfortable. I couldn’t lay my head back as my glasses are varifocals so the position wasn’t then right. My legs were restless and started river dancing, it was too hot and the last 45 minutes my head was jolting all over the place trying to stay awake. Nevertheless, it was a good movie and I’m glad we stayed up for it.

Only 15,000 steps today.

Phoebe’s point of view:

Day 4 -

I woke up for the first time at 1! But did then sleep through until I heard mum at 7ish. I could have slept for hours I was so tired. Slowly got up and started tidying the room and getting ready for breakfast. We’d opened a fish extender gift we’d got last night and in there was the chocolate and pen we’d gifted them! They must have opened ours but not kept record of which room gave what and regifted it back to us! My burn is getting worse I swear so mum puts shaving foam on as she’s heard that helps!? It eventually soaks in and I get dressed. We go down to cabanas for breakfast and sit outside as it’s such a lovely morning and my Mickey Waffles arrived. We were trying to plan our day at sea today and what activities we’d do etc.

We then head back to the room because there’s more flipping laundry to sort! I then discover my black denim shorts weren’t packed either. Seems like a whole load of my stuff that I’d given to mum hadn’t been packed! Then back to guest services to pay off some more goodies and I discover the shops are open again so I say I’ll be in there and see so much stuff I could get! I see some cute kids bits that I could fit in an XL in that I could get for Lily and I but we need a Orlando trip booked first to then wear them to!

We then discover the Pandora section and I pick a charm for Jasmine to get me for my birthday next week. Then we walk to the bingo lounge ready for the presale tickets. Mum gets the family pack which is $60 and the prize is $10,000 jackpot. Within the family pack we have 2 iPad things and two books. We also order some drinks and mum gets a drink of the day, let’s hope I don’t knock it over like I did yesterday!

We won diddly squat. $60 down the drain! And it wasn’t even like normal bingo it was some crazy bingo where would have to the numbers make shapes and patterns. After our failure we walked outside for a bit as I needed to warm up! Back inside and up to the room but Victor was in there so we went up to the pool instead. Sat upstairs on some chairs on deck 12 and played a few games of Uno. Jas and mum went back down to the room and I almost fell asleep! Back up they came and Jas went to get a burger and fries and chicken nuggets and fries.

I had a massive headache at this point so went back to the room for a bit and then came back ip with mum. The three of us rode the Aqua Duck and we’d told Jas she’d get splashed not wet so she went in her normal clothes as her shorts are swim shorts anyway. As we queued there was a little boy who was crying and saying he didn’t want to do it, as he got on and sat in the raft his goggles were up and then down and he couldn’t sit still. The lady said you all ready to go and he quickly popped the goggles back down and then held on to them the whole way down. Mum went first and Jas and I followed and we got soaked! Jas and I went round again and I went at the back and you do drown when you’re at the back! Mum walked past the little boy and his dad on the way back and turns out he loved it! We then went back to the sunbeds to tan and make the most of this cruise! Jas positioned herself to watch Frozen on the big screen but the sound kept cutting out.

Mum and I then went into the Mickey Pool and then dried off the and watched the last of Frozen with the sound on. Then back up to the rooms to start getting ready for our ‘formal night’ and starting packing. Mums getting stressed that not everything is going to fit in the cases. I don’t know how it doesn’t! Eventually most stuff is rammed in but we seem to think our handbags are bigger than before as we’re got a whole heap of crap to put in there in the morning! Dressed all fancy ready for dinner at Royal Palace tonight. We’re sat next to a mini Princess Belle who does not want to eat her carrots!

Sacha is showing us more card tricks and crayon tricks. He made two 8 figures with crayons and told us to relocate two crayons to make a 3 and 6 figure. We were looking at it for ages before he came over and showed us and it was so obvious - you move one for each to make a 6 and then put the two together to make a x - 6 x 6 = 36! Dinner again was lovely and I had duck with steak fries instead of mash. Wasn’t a fan of the cream brûlée for dessert though.

After this we had some official photos taken and we were on a mini photo shoot much to the love of Jasmine.
Then outside for some sunset photos.
At 7:30 there was a silent disco, mum was soooo keen to do this so off we went. Oh my days it was a blast. Mum said at one point this was the best thing she’d ever done and we were all wetting ourselves. There was some absolute bangers! They had 3 different channels, blue which was all Spanish music and then red and green which mum and I kept flicking between. We were dancing like no tomorrow, Dancing Queen came on and the women who’d I’d been dancing next to and making faces at took her headphones off and asked me if I was 40!? I was like what? She said are you 40 and I was like 40? She said how old are you and I said 23 🤣 she said she thought I was her age as I knew all the songs! Unsure if to take it as a compliment that I know good songs or be offended that she thought I was 40!?

Back upstairs to the room after this to finalise packing. The cases had to be outside the rooms by 10pm. Earlier on the cruise director announced they’d been given permission to show the new Marvel movie - Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness at 11pm tonight in both theatres which premiers tomorrow night. Rumours were previously said that It would be on the ship at midnight as they like to show the films as and when they come out but we’d heard nothing until tonight. If we watch the film we’d be going to bed at 1:30am and we need to leave the room again at 6:30am for breakfast at 6:45am to then get off the ship! There is no way I can do 5.5hrs sleep and then a full day tomorrow! And by half 1 I’ll be passed tired so god knows what time I’ll get to bed. I really really want to stay up as I love the Marvel films and we go to the cinema as soon as they come out at home and this is a once in a lifetime moment but I am sooooooo tired! It’s currently 8:30pm and we have the Beauty and the Beast show on in the room and only time will tell what the end of this blog will be!

I did not make it 🤣 at half 9 my tummy started to hurt and I think it was anxiety kicking in of if I do stay up then I’ll be on no sleep! At this point mum is also half asleep and Jas throws a tantrum because she thinks no one is going to gets into her pjs and in bed. Mum drags her out at 10 and then set off at 10:20! I’m asleep not long after.

See you in the AM kids x