Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 May 22, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddiemoo2009
Proud to wear my Ears

Virgin villas

Hi we travel next Tuesday 17/5 if son stays negative that’s a whole other stress!
We booked whole package with Virgin it states we will
Receive the address and key codes 10 days before but haven’t received a thing.
Tried emailing the confirmation of deposit we did with Home beds who seem to be virgins agents.

Don’t want to spend hours on the phone with virgin, would you wait and see if a email comes through.
I’m a big worrier like to be organised , TIA
Maddiemoo2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
saint
I want to go now!

You will receive the email with the address and lock code number the day before you travel.
Hope you have a better villa than the one we are currently staying in.
6 bed villa for the 2 of us.
But it took 3 days for home beds to get our pool working and they also said that there would be a charge.
I have sent a email to virgin holidays about the condition of our villa 3 days ago and they haven't responded back to me yet.
Hope you get a nice place to stay.
saint is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Helly
Excited about Disney

Helly's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We fly Sunday. We have a select villa booked through VH. I called them yesterday - spent 90 mins on hold, but was told that Homebeds current aim is to contact people 24-72 hours beforehand with villa details.

Our observed tests are booked for Saturday and I’m also panicking about my 17 year old son who is the only one in the house who has managed to avoid Covid so far.
Helly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddiemoo2009
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Helly View Post
We fly Sunday. We have a select villa booked through VH. I called them yesterday - spent 90 mins on hold, but was told that Homebeds current aim is to contact people 24-72 hours beforehand with villa details.

Our observed tests are booked for Saturday and I’m also panicking about my 17 year old son who is the only one in the house who has managed to avoid Covid so far.
Good luck for tomorrow tests and enjoy your holiday will watch out for the email we fly Tuesday
Maddiemoo2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Forthay
I want to go now!

We never received the email and had to ask on arrival at MCO. Im sure you’ll be fine but if you’ve paid for a specific location and/or property type I’d advise checking Google street view as soon as possible. Our upgrade was a downgrade, in a different location backing onto a construction site and it took three days to resolve. There’s no doubt we benefited in the end but it was a stressful three days with noise and a shaking townhouse starting at 7am. There is simply a shortage of accommodation right now. Getting answers from the local VH team was slow and Homebeds wouldn’t help us directly they’d only take instructions from VH.

Edited at 01:53 AM.
Forthay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Helly
Excited about Disney

Helly's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Maddiemoo2009 View Post
Good luck for tomorrow tests and enjoy your holiday will watch out for the email we fly Tuesday
Thank you. Heading off to the clinic for tests shortly. Anxious doesn’t even come close to how I’m feeling.

However, received email from Homebeds early this morning (approx 6am) with villa details. We booked a select villa but I’m not sure what they consider to be select? Either way, we’ve got an address and codes etc 24 hours before flying 😊

Hope your tests go well and your details come through ok x
Helly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
saint
I want to go now!

Just a quick heads up.
We got a lock box code from homebeds that turned out to be the electronic key code on the actual door even though there was a lock box.
Enjoy your stay.
saint is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by saint View Post
Just a quick heads up.
We got a lock box code from homebeds that turned out to be the electronic key code on the actual door even though there was a lock box.
Enjoy your stay.
That was the same with us on a BA villa. The lock box was in an obvious position and would not open with the code given... It was not obvious that there was a key pad on the door itself, just a small dark glass plate until you touched it. Felt a right numpty ringing the management company
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Forthay
I want to go now!

Once you enter the code remember to also press the tick ✅ We thought we had the wrong code because we didn’t 😀 and the lock just bleeped at us
Forthay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddiemoo2009
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks everyone after all the worry we are here now got the address 48 hours before and the Villa is beautiful modern and very clean bit smaller than our previous villas but fine for our party of 4