Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 May 22, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
This may be a daft question but for those who purchased fast track security and have been through Manchester terminal 2 in the last few weeks, is it obvious where the fast track queue starts? I have a real dread of walking past a huge queue of people but don't want to join the end of the non fast track queue😂
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstielou
Imagineer

Media hype does not help. The images used were from outside T1 which is not a big terminal. Media Hype causes panic and encourages people to arrive too early. How many of these people had arrived before check in even opens?
Twins 2nd visit May/June 2022
kirstielou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
rudie111
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kirky123 View Post
This may be a daft question but for those who purchased fast track security and have been through Manchester terminal 2 in the last few weeks, is it obvious where the fast track queue starts? I have a real dread of walking past a huge queue of people but don't want to join the end of the non fast track queue😂
There was somewhere there calling for fast tracks. It’s pretty obvious. Go inside and to the right just before where the toilets are
rudie111 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kirky123 View Post
It's well signposted

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You could be right- these things tend to be self fulfilling, albeit MAN has been a disgrace from well before then Coronavirus with slow queues, ripping off customers for parking drop off etc.

Here’s Simon Wilson, a very well known YouTuber travel documentary maker. I can’t see why he’d be making it up- can you - he is stood in security?

They’ve apologised after being branded not fit for purpose, so they seem to be accepting it’s not good? ITV have all the videos posted now on the website.

BBC:

Maybe it is very time dependent or something but I can’t understand all the videos, reports, apologies etc (and the videos are not fakes) but people saying on here it isn’t a problem? Maybe some got lucky with timing- or maybe worse in some terminals?
You’re correct. It is time dependent and some terminals are worse than others.

The Simon Wilson pic is from departures B security which is very small, the corridor he is in once you turn right he’s basically then in security at the belts fairly quickly.

The queues weeks and weeks ago were genuine security queues, but the situation has massively improved and mainly the queues are for bag drop rather than security itself. Ofcourse there’s still the odd day or busy time the queues get large which is still because of understaffing but the media frenzy is completely ridiculous and not painting the whole picture.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Badger0207
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You could be right- these things tend to be self fulfilling, albeit MAN has been a disgrace from well before then Coronavirus with slow queues, ripping off customers for parking drop off etc.

Here’s Simon Wilson, a very well known YouTuber travel documentary maker. I can’t see why he’d be making it up- can you - he is stood in security?

They’ve apologised after being branded not fit for purpose, so they seem to be accepting it’s not good? ITV have all the videos posted now on the website.

BBC:

Maybe it is very time dependent or something but I can’t understand all the videos, reports, apologies etc (and the videos are not fakes) but people saying on here it isn’t a problem? Maybe some got lucky with timing- or maybe worse in some terminals?
No idea about that, we were there at around 6.30 after check in opened at 6, maybe this was later in the day? The queue didn't come out of the security bit at all this morning/yesterday morning if you're in the UK xD
Badger0207 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We arrived at man T2 at 9.30 and the check in line for tui was dreadful. Only 2 desks open for economy. Thankfully we were close to the front but it was still an hours wait. Security came right out into departures and took another hour. One of our sons had to have extra checks on his bag which took forever. Once they finally got to him they checked his bag in 2 mins and sent him through. Our flight with tui was delayed by 2 hours which meant landing at about 7.20pm in melbourne. This resulted in a dark drive to the villa, which also took 1hr 50 mins. All in all we had a very long day. I doubt we would use tui to fly to florida with again. The flight times from man are far too late for us.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by clanmacbeath View Post
We arrived at man T2 at 9.30 and the check in line for tui was dreadful. Only 2 desks open for economy. Thankfully we were close to the front but it was still an hours wait. Security came right out into departures and took another hour. One of our sons had to have extra checks on his bag which took forever. Once they finally got to him they checked his bag in 2 mins and sent him through. Our flight with tui was delayed by 2 hours which meant landing at about 7.20pm in melbourne. This resulted in a dark drive to the villa, which also took 1hr 50 mins. All in all we had a very long day. I doubt we would use tui to fly to florida with again. The flight times from man are far too late for us.
Doncaster for Tui- no queues it’s fantastic.
Old 10 May 22, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

We've just been through T2 this morning. We had Fast Track booked in Nov so we breezed through, 10 mins and done. The standard queue looked like it would take about 30 minutes to an hour.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
It would make more sense if the media posted the relevant terminal when they publish the pictures. I would imagine it differs.
As others have said, probably time dependant too.

And also …. It’s been almost 16 years - surely people have grasped the liquid rules, what to put in the trays etc etc
Would help to speed things up if only a little.
Signage was poor at T2 as to what you did / didn't need to do and I find there are inconsistencies between airports so common sense doesn't really help.

For example in some airports they want liquids in the tray, in others I've been asked to carry them through the metal detectors held up in the air in front of me. Do I need to get my power bank out of my bag? Does my laptop / tablet need to be removed from it's cover? Do my devices need to have charge? Do I need to take my shoes off? Does my bag go in a tray or not? If my bag goes in a tray can there be other things in the tray or do they need to be in a separate tray? Do hair straighteners need to come out?

Also, the liquids rules may have been around for a long time but they have changed in that time. Not that it's relevant but they are also absurd.

Given a lot of people are spending a lot of time queueing and doing little else while they wait, I can't help but think you could be better prepared when you get to the front if there was much better signage / instructions.