Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 May 22, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
3.30am wide awake. Feels like travel day again!

Tried to go back to sleep but then I felt the presence of someone else. Opened my eyes and Jenson was literally nose to nose with me 😂 "mum I can't sleep you're snoring" right looks like we are both up then.

Pottered around unpacking cases this morning and clearing up from last night's Dennys take out, trying not to wake anybody.

Slowly but surely between that time and 6am more faces appeared.

We all showered and went down for breakfast at 7am. Food selection was basic but the food was nice. Sausage, egg and potatoes along with cereals, pastries and fruits.

8.30am we arrived at Hollywood Studios.

We have the DAS pass for a member of our group so the first thing we did was book smugglers run, we had our first advanced selection booked for rock and roller coaster at half 9 so this filled the time wisely. I'll be honest without the DAS pass we wouldn't have done half as much as we did. We managed all rides and Indiana Jones stunt spectacular. We grabbed a DAS for ROTR and just before boarding the ride vehicle, it went down. We were given an any lightning lane selection. Tried again when it was back up and it went down again. Third time lucky we managed to do it all. It was truly amazing.

After this Jenson had his droid building booked. I'll be honest he loved it but for the cost, I was disappointed. It was $99.99+tax, and they only had the one unit to build which conveniently wasn't the one he wanted to build. Also when the droid goes to sleep you have to take it apart to turn the switch off and on again which is an absolute faff.

Called into Pandora on the way out to grab a park exclusive charm for $75.

We left the park just before 6 and we are shattered.

Showered and chilled at the hotel and took a little wander to Old Town for food.

Found a really nice place called Shoneys. Food was amazing. Jenson opted for chicken and fruit, I had the steak with a jacket and brocolli, Andrew had shrimp and the rest all had burgers.

All fell asleep at 10pm and I was up this morning at 6.30am, much better than the first day. Everyone is still asleep. We're off to Epcot today and potentially Magic Kingdom for fireworks!
WOW a long day for you all
Glad you got lots done
And your steak looks so good 😋😋

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Day 2 updated 🙂
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Day 2 Epcot

6.30am wake up today so feeling really refreshed. Everyone was up and showered before 8am, so we went down for breakfast just after 9am. Today it was cheese omelette, turkey sausage and biscuits with gravy which were amazing!

9.30 we were off to Epcot. The hotel we are in is literally 10 mins away from Disney, so convenient.

We were parked really close to the entrance again. To say that the parks are fully booked so far we've not really found them horrendous.

First up was Spaceship Earth. Once in I tried to book a DAS for Remi's but Kian hadn't scanned in to spaceship Earth so it wouldn't let me add him. I booked it anyway without him hoping guest relations could sort which they did happily. Whilst there she accidentally cancelled our pre booked DAS for soaring so she put that back on as an anytime lightning lane pass which worked well for us.

Had to stop into club cool on the way past to taste Beverley. Actually we found the sour plum one from China to be the worst of them all 😂

We started to head over to Remi's and along the way Jenson stopped in Canada for a Pand-ade, and then in UK we popped into the Rose and Crown for a beer. We've found that we can't seem to find fruity ciders anywhere here, like a kopparberg 😂 so the boys had a Guinness and I had a raspberry vodka and lemonade.

Made it to Remis and this was just amazing. So much fun. Whilst in the queue for Remis I booked Frozen Ever After for an hours time which I knew would give us enough time to grab some lunch on the walk round to Norway.

We stopped in Japan, Jenson wanted some Frushi and Ethan and Amylee had the Chicken Yakatori which they really enjoyed. The frushi was also really refreshing.

We really enjoyed the Frozen ride, we needed a bit of a water ride as it was so hot.

We called into the bakery in Norway and had a Mickey Cinnamon Roll to share and Jenson had a rice pudding pot.

From here we had another advance DAS for Test Track so we headed there and I booked an on the spot pass for mission space.

Test track was amazing. Honestly so fun. I selected the ride picture for this but I've ended up with someone else's!

Outside of Test Track we stopped at Sunshine Griddle for Avocado Toast which was really good just a bit heavy on the avocado. Amylee and Ethan shared the Corned Beef brisket, they enjoyed it but the egg was a little on the snotty side.

On the way to Mission Space we were debating on orange or green. I had assured them all that Orange has bad reviews on the sickness side. All the boys ignored my advice and went for Orange. Myself and Amylee went on green. Needless to say Ethan and Kian were not OK after the Orange ride. Jenson and Andrew were fine though 😂

The last few rides all had short queue times, we did figment, living with the land, Soaring and Nemo and called it a day at 5pm
Headed back to the hotel and we spent an hour in the pool before getting ready and heading into Old Town for a nosy and some food.

We ended up in a place called Flippers Pizzeria which was absolutely phenomenal. The food was so good and our server was brilliant, we tipped her the full 25% as she was so good. Our drinks were running low she appeared with new ones without us asking. Her recommendations on which things were the best were also spot on.

We called it a night at 9.30 ready for Seaworld tomorrow!
Another FAB day & you got so much done again
I’ve been recommended Flippers too, never tried it though
Looks good
Enjoy Seaworld 😎

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Just caught up on your first few days, sounds like you’re having a lovely time.
I hate Mission Space orange too, I did it once & that was enough. I prefer the old version of Mission Space green though.
Is it really hot out there at the mo? 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Just caught up on your first few days, sounds like you’re having a lovely time.
I hate Mission Space orange too, I did it once & that was enough. I prefer the old version of Mission Space green though.
Is it really hot out there at the mo? 😊
It's about 30°C so it's not too bad but we do try and seek shade in the afternoons. Think we're forecast thunderstorms this afternoon!

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Updated Day 3 🙂

Old 14 May 22, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Love Seaworld & the Dolphins, do they still have the birds that fly over the crowds
Another fab day & you fitted in loads
Outback always a winner too
Yummy 😋

Old 14 May 22, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It sounds like you've had a great few days so far. I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves at HS and Epcot. The meal at Out back does look good, but you've not tried Longhorns yet! Hope the rest of the trip is as enjoyable as the beginning.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Day 4 & 5 updated.

Edited at 03:53 AM.
Old 16 May 22, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Day 5 - Discovery Cove

Alarm was set for 6.30 today to ensure we were up and out for discovery cove.

We wanted to get there early for a decent dolphin swim timeslot. Set off just after half 7 and got there just before 8am.

Dolphin swim was at 1.45pm, great!

We went to Laguna Grill to grab some breakfast. Food was lovely.

After that we headed to the lockers and grabbed our vests. Nobody wanted a wet suit.

It was 10am now so we headed straight to the lazy river which was so so relaxing. The aviary is also open but you can only get to it through the lazy river. I had a lovely bird land on my head and it kept trying to eat my hair! After one go round on the lazy river, we headed for snacks. A beer for hubby and a pretzel and pop for everyone else.

We decided to go to the grand reef after this and WOW amazing. Once you got the hang of the snorkel etc this was such an amazing experience.

After an hour in here we did another lap of the lazy river and then headed off for our dolphin swim.

We were in the water for 5 minutes before being asked to leave as lightning was in the area.
15 minutes later we were back in and able to finish our interaction.

They did the side by side glide and the kiss was on the cheek. We actually got to meet two dolphins, not sure why but we weren't complaining. Again an unforgettable experience and well worth doing.

We then went for lunch but it was almost 3pm by this point. Can't complain at the food, was nice enough.

Another two goes in the lazy river and it was time to get showered and changed and head home. We were all severely burnt besides Jenson who I was hot on topping up, even with using our own Nivea Marine Safe sunscreen.

We got back for 6pm, and Andrew and the boys went to the bar whilst amylee and I apparently had a nap 😂

Andrew woke me at half 7 to tell me there was a storm coming in and if we wanted to miss it we needed to be leaving for tea like now.

Needless to say we got to Ihop as the heavens opened and we waited 10 mins before braving the run to the door.

They were severely understaffed at this one, west irlo bronson highway, but the server was great and really tried her best. Food was great no complaints.

It was 9.30 by now so we headed back, packed our bags ready to head off to Royal Pacific in the morning and crashed out just before 11pm.
Sounds a good day apart from the sunburn
OUCH 😳Hope it’s better soon x