Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 May 22, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Piglet took a liking to my daughters little tatty doggy and wouldn’t give it back at Crystal Palace. He went in the back and hid, made my daughters holiday. Also my daughter had a little bird fake tattoo under her eye at Harry Potter World and we went in a restaurant one of CMs said what’s that? She said a bird and she replied ‘oh I thought you were a witch or something’! My oldest son queuing for TOT asked the CM am I going to die, he replied in his lurch voice ‘Eventually’ son screamed like a girl throughout the ride! Getting free tickets to TL when some of the rides went down at HS and then the rides were ok again so they got on what they wanted. Loads more too many to mention

Edited at 12:04 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Chatnoir
Trying for More Ears

We went in 2014 and it was peak Frozen craziness. My Niece was only about 4 and loved frozen so I wanted to get her the double headed else/anna doll that was sold out everywhere.
We tried every gift shop we could find.
Then on our last day we made one last visit to disney springs and checked the big store. nothing.
Asked one of the cast members behind a till. He asked a load of questions then made out i was bad aunt for not getting her one! Then he quickly passed me a disney carrier bag..and inside was the doll!
I was so happy and couldn't wait to give it to my niece.

She's now a moody teenager who is too old for princesses!
Chatnoir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2504
Excited about Disney

On our 2019 trip we got stuck on the skyliner and missed the last ever showing of the Epcot show at the time. The next day we went on a dvc tour to see what it was all about and the guy asked if we had seen the final showing the previous night and we explained what had happened. Didn’t think anything else about it and then that evening we got a phone call from the dvc people and they had booked us a private boat from the grand Floridian to go out on and watch the magic kingdom fireworks. It was such a fantastic experience and we always remember that evening !
Old 20 May 22, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

We were in MK in 2014 and the queue for POTC was huge. We discussed it and said we didn’t want to wait that long and started walking away. A CM chased after us and asked if we wanted to go on the ride? We said yes and she took us backstage and right to the front of the queue and let us choose where in the boat we wanted to sit! It was our first day of the holiday and was such a wonderful experience!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rayer72
Swimming at the All Star Resort

I work for a company that sponsers some large rides at Disney. We have hidden secret entrances at these rides that have dedicated luxury rooms for us. We enter, greeted by staff, unlimited drinks and food / sweets for kids ( Lots of choice ) . We also have Laptops in there, games, pinball and TVs etc. Then when we leave, we can either go direct onto the rides themselves, or go back out in the heat.
Rayer72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rayer72 View Post
I work for a company that sponsers some large rides at Disney. We have hidden secret entrances at these rides that have dedicated luxury rooms for us. We enter, greeted by staff, unlimited drinks and food / sweets for kids ( Lots of choice ) . We also have Laptops in there, games, pinball and TVs etc. Then when we leave, we can either go direct onto the rides themselves, or go back out in the heat.
Can I be your friend please and come with you?
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Two more from the West Coast which have come to mind after reading some other contributions above...

Universal Studios Hollywood - we'd had a good day and ridden pretty much everything and were mulling what to do next when a British family passing asked if we'd like their VIP passes as they were leaving for the day. We gratefully took them - with profuse thanks - which permitted a quick re-ride of some favourite attractions.

Disneyland - waiting at Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes a cast member overheard our accents and said "Please don't judge us all by the actions of our President!", and then reached into his pocked, pulled out a Dath Vader pin and presented it to my son.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Yvemc
Excited about Disney

Last time we were there in 2016 my kids were picked to be the Big Kahuna at Typhoon Lagoon. We were there too early as I got the opening time wrong and my husband was cursing me! We were waiting in the queue when a cast member came up and asked my twins (who were eight at the time) if they were up to being Big Kahuna. They took us into the park whilst it was still closed and we had to walk around inspecting it. The kids had to agree every area was ready to open. We then walked towards the lifeguards who were having their morning meeting and as we came towards them they formed a guard of honour for the twins. Once they deemed the park ready to open we were taken to a private roped off area at the wave pool and were told this area was exclusively ours for the day. They were taught a Big Kahuna sign to do whenever they met a cast member. Once this was done they got to radio the front desk and say Big Kahuna said its ok to open! It was truly magical!
WDW Hilton DTD 2001, Wyndham Palace DTD 2004, Sheraton Safari 2006, BC 2009, AKL 2012, BC 2014, AKL 2016, Portofino Bay & Boardwalk 2022, it was worth the wait! Ok I said not until 2025 yet here we go again! 2024 Universal RPR & Drurys Disney Springs!
Yvemc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Not quite as amazing as some of these but in 2019 my dh spoke to recepeption at POFQ where we were staying as he was trying to find me the Halloween spirit jersey as a surprise as was sold out in most of the shops.
When we came back from the parks there was one waiting for me in the room and had a little card with it that said it was on Mickey 🥰
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Janner
Earning More Ears

2013 - daughter was coming up to 4. It was our first trip to the park and we were going to MNSSHP.

She was dressed up as Vanellope from Wreck It Ralph, a home made costume and not particularly great, tbh.

On our way to the TTS one of the custodians clocked her, stopped sweeping and made a huge, elaborate bow with their brush and said "Welcome, Princess Vaneloppe". It made me cry a little (I was v jet lagged...)
Janner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List