Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 May 22, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Canoeing fairy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We have had 2 really magical moments.
On our first trip in 2013 we were chosen to be the sorcerers apprentice at the fantastic show. We got to be the first into the show clapped along by the cast members and shown to the vip seating area. We were given free drinks & snacks. We ended up being the only ones sitting in the vip area 3 rows of benches to ourselves.

In 2019 we were chosen to be the ski captain at blizzard beach for the day. Opened the park and got free use of a cabana for the day.

Edited at 04:18 PM.
Canoeing fairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

I remember a few years we went into MK to meet the princesses as had never done it before. My friend has a daughter who was about 2 at the time and she was obsessed with disney princesses. So when I went in to meet Rapunzel I asked her to say say hello to my daughters friend into my 'magic box' (phone) so I could record it and send it to her. Rapunzel did a terrific little message saying she was sorry Flynn Ryder wasn't there but he said hello too (she was in love with Flynn Ryder at the time). Her daughter absolutely loved it, and was such a nice thing for them to do. We were lucky it was early and not too busy or I wouldn't have asked but for her to do the whole thing in character was so much fun, even for 2 adults!
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Yvemc View Post
Last time we were there in 2016 my kids were picked to be the Big Kahuna at Typhoon Lagoon. We were there too early as I got the opening time wrong and my husband was cursing me! We were waiting in the queue when a cast member came up and asked my twins (who were eight at the time) if they were up to being Big Kahuna. They took us into the park whilst it was still closed and we had to walk around inspecting it. The kids had to agree every area was ready to open. We then walked towards the lifeguards who were having their morning meeting and as we came towards them they formed a guard of honour for the twins. Once they deemed the park ready to open we were taken to a private roped off area at the wave pool and were told this area was exclusively ours for the day. They were taught a Big Kahuna sign to do whenever they met a cast member. Once this was done they got to radio the front desk and say Big Kahuna said its ok to open! It was truly magical!
Wow! I hope your dh apologized to you! lol
Old 20 May 22, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Getting an upgrade from a standard room to a family suite at Cabana Bay was amazing.

When my eldest daughter was probably about 10 it was her birthday and we went to get her a sundae at Dino Bites. I went to pay and the CM suddenly said “wait a minute, the Mickey hotline is calling” she picked up the phone and said “sure thing Mickey” she then said it was free as a special birthday treat on Mickey. My daughter was over the moon. Disney magic.

We were also “Family of the day” at the Poly and took part in a special ceremony early in the evening. I’ve totally forgotten what it was about.

Edited at 05:05 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Not at the Parks, but at Coronado Springs in January of this year. We booked through Disney and had $800+ of dining credit as part of the deal.

When we arrived, our original room had a broken air conditioner. The next room they moved us to also had a broken air conditioner. We later discovered that the entire block's air conditioning supply had failed.

Anyway, due to the ongoing problems they upgraded us into a room at the Gran Destino tower where the views were amazing. But in the process of transferring our booking from one room to another, the front desk generated an additional dining credit gift card that was automatically sent to my email.

So we had one gift card emailed upon arrival into the first room, and then this additional card sent when we moved to Gran Destino. Both had individual barcodes. Needless to say, Disney inadvertantly doubled our dining budget to over $1700 and we happily spent the lot! Take that Chapek!

Edited at 05:30 PM.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
shelly38
Proud to wear my Ears

A few years ago we were in the Magic Kingdom having lunch. My young son, he was about 5 or 6 years old at the time, spilt a massive slushy all over himself.
I approached one of the CMs for help with the clean-up. The lady was very helpful and I was very apologetic.
Anyway, once we were all cleaned up, she gave us a voucher to spend in the Disney shops to fit my son out with a clean outfit of clothes! We were amazed!
Some Disney magic there
Old 20 May 22, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I took my mum in 2017 with my daughter. We ate in the plaza restaurant. Mum was apparently the 1000 customer to enter. Trumpets played a big announcement by the mayor and free lunch. Mum was thrilled. I have it on video.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Our last trip there, we met Buzz Lightyear at his spot in Tomorrowland. I asked him for help because my DH always got a higher score than me on Spaceranger Spin and he started to run off with me!
We stayed at PORFQ and had problems with the door and keycards not letting us in. They fixed the door and when we returned from the parks the next day, there was a gift of a Mickey vase, parks cookbook, utensils and tea towels, all cellophane gift wrapped. There was a note from housekeeping saying thank you for the awesome attitude!
Old 20 May 22, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We received three - yes, three - free desserts in a single day in Hollywood Studios.

First one was in Backlot Express. Our food was loaded onto a red (not brown) tray and the house rules were that those who had a red trat received a free dessert. We were given a massive cupcake thing.

The second came from an ice cream stlll near Rock n Roller Coaster. We were just passing by and a cast member came out with a big sharing-size sundae and offered it to us.

The third came when the kids went to get some food before the Star Wars fireworks show (I was busy getting cocktails from the Brown Derby outside bar!) and, again, they were just gifted a dessert for no apparent reasons.
We got the red tray at backlot too!
Kids were thrilled and they really made a song and dance of getting the whole queue area to cheer.

Not in the parks but we had booked for what was supposed to be the ‘free breakfast dining plan offer’ somehow wether through error or a bit of pixie dust we were given the qs dining plan. Saved us a few £££ that trip.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

We were lucky to be picked for family of the day at universal, a cast member had been watching us apparently and offered us the title, we got badges and taken to a little roped off area just for us to watch the parade then we held the rope behind the characters as the parade closed, we were then walked by a cast member to the front of the queue at minions and bypast the whole line. It was a really great experience and our son was thrilled.