Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 22, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

First Tui flight - what to expect

As the title says we have booked a last minute week away leaving on the 1st. We usually travel VA or TC back in the good old days but have never flown Tui so I was hoping for some help from recent passengers. Have booked PE and were wondering what the food is like - should we stock up on meal deals and snacks? happy to do so but would rather know in advance, also the website says you can buy extra drinks, does this only apply to alcohol or do they limit soft drinks too? Have looked at the ife and am thinking downloading some films to a tablet may be a good idea - was there anything new(ish) to watch that maybe isn't listed on the website?

Thanks.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

There are several reviews on YouTube for tui premium economy which should help you
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
As the title says we have booked a last minute week away leaving on the 1st. We usually travel VA or TC back in the good old days but have never flown Tui so I was hoping for some help from recent passengers. Have booked PE and were wondering what the food is like - should we stock up on meal deals and snacks? happy to do so but would rather know in advance, also the website says you can buy extra drinks, does this only apply to alcohol or do they limit soft drinks too? Have looked at the ife and am thinking downloading some films to a tablet may be a good idea - was there anything new(ish) to watch that maybe isn't listed on the website?

Thanks.
We've flown TUI premium & economy a few times now... have always had a good flight with them. Food is fine for plane food... my DH always takes extra food on but that's because he eats when he's bored I always pack a few snacks & sweets for me & our dd's. All drinks are free in the Premium cabin. Definitely download some films. We found the selection at Easter limited. Nothing new on there, all from pre-covid times. List on website will be up to date (it was at easter anyway) seats are comfy, staff always been really helpful. Hopefully you won't suffer any of the delays that have been happening with them as it can put a damper on the beginning of your holiday

Have a great time!
Old 24 May 22, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by supermumof3 View Post
We've flown TUI premium & economy a few times now... have always had a good flight with them. Food is fine for plane food... my DH always takes extra food on but that's because he eats when he's bored I always pack a few snacks & sweets for me & our dd's. All drinks are free in the Premium cabin. Definitely download some films. We found the selection at Easter limited. Nothing new on there, all from pre-covid times. List on website will be up to date (it was at easter anyway) seats are comfy, staff always been really helpful. Hopefully you won't suffer any of the delays that have been happening with them as it can put a damper on the beginning of your holiday

Have a great time!
Thanks this is really helpful, I will pack some snacks and spend some time this weekend downloading netflix. I thought the film list seemed out of date so it is good to have this confirmed. Fingers crossed for no delays
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

We loved the dreamliner it's excellent and the service is good.
We would have flown with them again but had to change to Virgin due to flight dates moving when we moved to this year from last year.
Can't fault it to be honest.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SweetJo
Helping Mickey

What's ecomony leg room like for a 6 foot 2 guy? Am I going to have him complaining for the whole flight?
SweetJo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lesmcguffog
VIP Dibber

lesmcguffog's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We flew pe to Melbourne last week in April, food on way out some of best we’ve had, on way back average, especially the breakfast. Excellent flight and comfortable seats in PE
California; San Fran, Napa, Monteray,
Georgia; Savanah
lesmcguffog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sussexboy
I want to go now!

Yes I thought the food on the way out was excellent including the cream team but not so good on the return.

I was disappointed with the films on board and shocked to see that they haven’t changed them two months later.
Sussexboy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sussexboy View Post
Yes I thought the food on the way out was excellent including the cream team but not so good on the return.

I was disappointed with the films on board and shocked to see that they haven’t changed them two months later.
I always expect terrible food on the way back, regardless of the airline but as its an overnight flight I don't worry as much. Definitely going to make sure I have something to watch and read as 9hrs is a long time to be bored. Shame Tui aren't doing something about the IFE now they have so many long haul flights again.
Old 25 May 22, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rayer72
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Agree with the IFE... old films and not a very good choice. Def download and take your own.
Rayer72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List