Day 0 - The Day Before

Day 1 - Travel Day and Arrival at CBR

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

Day 3 - Typhoon Lagoon and Bahama Breeze

Day 4 - Epcot and Via Napoli

Day 5 - Downtown Disney and California Grill

Day 6 - Universal Studios

Day 7 – Drinks around the world and Le Cellier

Since our 2011 trip, ‘drinks around the world’ is now an established day on our Florida itinerary. Katie and I had an absolute blast drinking around the world before and now we were bringing the boyfriends too!

It was a lazy morning for us at Caribbean Beach. We had a dip in the pool and did a bit of washing. I’d sorted out Fastpasses for Katie and Jonathan for the morning so they could effectively do the rides at Epcot before they met us for drinks. We had a late breakfast at CBR and then headed over to Epcot.

I was totally buzzing to see Katie and Jonathan and hear all about their New York and Washington adventures. It was like our whole holiday would take on a different dimension with two new people come into the ‘Big Brother’ house. Haha! We arrived at Epcot a little late but I knew they’d be there and that they’d wait. Sure enough, we found them in the corner where Katie and I had sat 3 years ago... drinking some Mexican beer.

We were going to get a Margarita flight but Katie said she couldn’t find them on the menu anymore –gutted!

After Mexico, it was then on to Germany, where I enjoyed a Riesling, and Neil, Katie and Jonathan enjoyed a beer.

Then, it was onto Italy. We’d had a sneak peak at the Tutto Gusto wine bar on our last trip to Epcot and we couldn’t wait to have a drink in there. It was wonderful, the atmosphere was so chilled, and given the stifling midday sun, we were thankful of the air conditioning!

Katie and I enjoyed a wine flight to share (Orvieto, Verdicchio and Fiano) while the boys had Birra Moretti Rossa. (which was apparently amazing). We also shared some Antipasto – meats and cheeses which was absolutely quality. (I love how you eat on a Disney holiday! ) I’m glad we had a light lunch though, because our evening meal was Le Cellier!

Then it was onto France. We thought we were meant to meet Mum and Martin here but it didn’t quite work out that way. Katie and I got a glass of Moet Rose and the boys got some red wine. (God, we drank a lot! )

We finally ran into Mum, Martin, OB and the Dufflers at 3pm, ready for the semi final at 4pm. They'd already been on the champers!

It was actually a really good game of football. For those with good memories, this was the day that Germany absolutely annihilated Brazil – 7 -1. We enjoyed some pitchers of Bud Light too. (God, how much did we drink this day? )

Sam works for a sports statistics company and actually managed to get one of the questions right on the big screen in ESPN so was rewarded with a free T-shirt

Then it was onto Le Cellier.

In all the years we’ve been to Disney, we have never been to Le Cellier. We’d tried to get in, time after time after time, but never actually managed. But this time, I absolutely hammered it. And we got the reservations! I’ve heard absolutely rave reviews about Le Cellier and it absolutely 110% lived up to our expectations.

Arrived to check in. Party of 11 (7 and a 4)

And were seated after a five minute wait. We ordered some drinks and were introduced to Sam’s favourite bread of the holiday. Pretzel bread.

I, on the other hand, ordered my one and only starter of the holiday: the Cheddar Cheese Soup.

I’d heard so much about this soup, I’d waited ten years to try it and I was not disappointed. It was absolutely to die for. Tangy from the salt and the bacon, cheesy and oniony. My word, it was SPECTACULAR.

Then I ordered the fillet

And so did everyone else, with the exception of Sam, who ordered the New York Strip.

That fillet was genuinely stunning. It came with a cream cheese and bacon risotto with asparagus in there somewhere as well. It wasn’t the mushroom risotto as I’d read so much about but genuinely, I can’t think of anything nicer than this risotto. That being said, this was tied for first place for my best steak of the holiday!

Then I had the standard chocolate Moose dessert.

Our experience at Le Cellier was exceptional. Food, drinks, service, everything was absolutely top notch.

What was better was that we could enjoy our meal without worrying about having to secure a good spot for Illuminations as we’d got FP for preferred viewing. Happy days.

Edited at 07:48 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Then, our family had one of those crazy half an hours that come after drinking in the sunshine, euphoria at being all together as an eleven for the first time on the holiday and after the best steak EVER. There was singing, there was dancing (to the Illuminations pre show?!) There was just genuine fun. Our family hadn’t laughed together like this yet and it was just such a wonderful moment.

Mum and Debsy decided to practice their curtseying... they said they wanted to curtsey before Princess Tracey but it just didn’t work.

Following this fun and games, we all watched Illuminations together. A truly magical day. Thank you Epcot for giving my family the memories we made on this day.

Day 8 - Hollywood Studios and the Hollywood Brown Derby is here

Edited at 07:51 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 14, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Absolutely fab day

Love your stamina, think I would be asleep somewhere by dinner

Can't wait to read your other days
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 14, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post

your trip report is ace and has given me plenty of ideas to go for food when we go next year. Roll on September 2015
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 14, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
another good day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 14, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow! Congratulations on your drinking stamina - truly impressive! I do love a champers at Epcot, though...
Old 1 Aug 14, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
scottfeltham
Apprentice Imagineer

A great day
Scott
bahamas 00, newyork 01,04
cape town 88/02
toronto/niagrara falls &hawaii 03
singapore/sydney/melbourne 04
dom rep 05
safari/masa mara 06 playacar mexico 07
maldives 08
cuba 2009
scottfeltham is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 14, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

How were you still standing after all those drinks? I too curtsey to Princess Tracey on her drinking ability
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 14, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Mobile

Great day
Old 2 Aug 14, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MagicalDay
Excited about Disney

What was the question Sam asked? I want one of those ESPN t-shirts !

Sore heads in the morning?

1990 - 1992 - 1993 - 1994 - 1995 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 - 2002x2- 2003x2 - 2004 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2011 - 2014 - 2016 Orlando Holidays!
Next Adventure starts 14/11/2018!
MagicalDay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List