Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Mar 15, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Everglads and Miami trip

We have just booked a day trip through Dolphin tours (the company which ATD and others use) to go to the Everglades and then spend the rest of the day in Miami

Has anyone done this before?

Any tips or advice?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 15, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Apprentice Imagineer

1612's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 123
We did this three years ago the exact same trip with the same people, dolphin tours. A quiet long coach trip where the mexican host never stopped talking,then to the everglades didnt see much in the way of wildlife when on the boat.Looked around a zoo like place.Then on to Miami.Dropped off for approx 2hrs to walk around.Some places nice some places ify,tramps ,beggers etc.Then on to Miami harbour area and the boat trip,really good and entertaining.All in all a differant day.It will go down as I have done it once and maybe never again.
Other people I have spoke to said it was fantastic others say it was rubbish.I sit in the middle.I hope your trip is wonderfull and you do have a fantastic time.Have fun and enjoy.PS this is only my personal experiance.

The Clarke Family. Holidaying at Disney every year since 2000!
1612 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 15, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
theshabster
Serious Dibber

We decided to go it alone, so we're driving down to Miami towards the end of our holiday, staying the night at the Marlin Hotel, and then heading back to Orlando the next day via part of the Everglades. We've still not decided where i the Everglades to visit, or whether or not to do an airboat tour. We may go via the Everglades Loop road.
theshabster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 15, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

We did this trip in 2012 & really enjoyed it! It was a long day but quite relaxing. Our first stop was the Everglades & we did an airboat ride (we had a fantastic guide on this who 'called' the gators & the birds to him! Amazing! ) then we did the animal handling show, DD had her picture taken with a gator afterwards, then to Miami for lunch at the harbour (this wasn't included in the price) after lunch we had a look round the shops then we did the Island Star (I think that's what it was called!) boat cruise which was lovely, then we ended the day watching the sun going down, eating ice cream on South Beach! We got a breakfast bag for the journey down there, but they do make a stop both ways at services, you get approx 25mins & there are lots of food options there if you like. I probably wouldn't do it again now I've done it once, but I'm very glad we did it
(We were picked up from I Drive at approx 6.40am & arrived back around midnight)
Hope that helps
Old 4 Mar 15, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Really helps . Thanks everyone. Didn't realise it would be so late getting back but also glad as it means more time than I thought in Miami. Any recommendations for places to eat at miami harbour?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 15, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wildpearce2010 View Post
Really helps . Thanks everyone. Didn't realise it would be so late getting back but also glad as it means more time than I thought in Miami. Any recommendations for places to eat at miami harbour?
We ate at a restaurant that the coach tour guide recommended right on the harbour - it was called Latin America, DD & I had steak, DH had a cuban dish recommended by the tour guide (he's braver than us ) it was nice, I think we had desserts too & I know that I had two pineapple mojitos which were delicious! DH had a beer (maybe two) & DD had a milkshake...I think the bill was around $90, so not too bad, especially as we were sat outside overlooking the ocean
Old 8 Mar 15, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread