Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Mar 15, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Exploring I Drive without a car

So, we always stay onsite with Disney and don't hire a car, so we use taxis when we want to go to US/SW etc

We have never explored I Drive before but would like to do it this year.

So my question is, what is the best way to get there, and also to explore it? Is a lot of it walkable or is it best using the I Trolley (and to that point, is the I Trolley easy to figure out?). We would probably only stick to one end, so is there anything we should specifically look at/go to (thinking we might try the new Orlando Eye and Sealife centre)

Thanks in advance!

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 15, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I ride is easy to use, it's like a bus (In terms of stops and how you use it but it's obviously a trolley!) but you need exact change, you can buy passes all over I drive though. But the stops are very visible and you can get the pass allowing you to hop on and off. I drive is massive from one end to the other, but the main hub (from conference centre to wet and wild as a general rule) is definitely walkable. If you wanted to go to the premium outlets though you'd need to I ride. That said if you stay south end, between pointe and pirates cove, there's plenty to do including ripleys, wondeworks, pointe Orlando, the Orlando eye complex etc. And you can just walk.

Edited at 04:38 PM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 15, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Prospect1
VIP Dibber

Or you could use the Lynx bus as it covers the same route, and much more, it runs to a timetable ( trolley does not ) and the Lynx is more comfortable.
Prospect1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 15, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
To get from Disney to the south end of International Drive you'll need to use the Lynx #50 buses. This stops at the Transport and Ticket Center and Downtown Disney and travels to the road near Seaworld.

From there you can swap to a different Lynx bus (#8) to go up and down Intl Drive. Or hop onto the I Ride bus.

Of course, you'll have to get to the TTC or DTD first - so you'll need 3 buses in total.

International Drive is several miles long so I wouldn't recommend walking it's entire length. The area around Pointe Orlando and north towards SandLake Road (passing the Orlando Eye) is a good area to visit and is walkable.

See the "Orlando Without a Car" DIBB page for more info:
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Orla...-Car-p-85.html

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
bazz
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

I think there is lots to keep you occupied ,e.g.the new eye, Titanic, the worlds largest Mcdonalds (don't laugh) they do sell pizzas as well, every restaurant and fast food you ever heard of, museums ,Ripleys, crazy golf,... but remember international drive is over 11 miles long... hope this helps
bazz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post

If you see somebody walking on I Drive you can pretty much bet that they're British! But don't let that put you off. I like to stretch my legs on holiday and go explore.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
If you see somebody walking on I Drive you can pretty much bet that they're British! But don't let that put you off. I like to stretch my legs on holiday and go explore.
Actually, nowadays most of the people walking on I Drive are American - at least around the Pointe Orlando area. Anyone staying at one of the umpteen hotels in that area are within 5 mins walk of numerous bars and restaurants. And 90% of the visitors staying are American. It can get very busy with pedestrians during the evening.

When we first visited around 17 years ago, International Drive was much quieter than it is now. In those days, yes, it was only us that walked along it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 15, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonjovi
slightly serious Dibber

Pointe Orlando is a super venue. Lots of different restaurants to suit all requirements from high end to a superb American Diner. Great IMAX cinema and some lovely shops.
Old 13 Mar 15, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread