Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Mar 15, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Sloths!

Hi - Just wondering if my Dibber friends can help me out here. Its my daughters 16th shortly and her life long dream has been to hold a sloth! We are going to Florida end of September so my thought was to give her a sloth soft toy for her Birthday holding a message telling her she was going to meet a real one on holiday. The problem is i can't find a part that would guarantee that she could meet one on the day we visited. I have contacted Discovery Cove, Seaworld, Busch Gardens as well as smaller animal parks and the reply from all has been that they do have sloths but it is the animal trainers decision that day what animals they bring out for the public to meet so none off them could guarantee she would actually meet one. Does anyone know anymore info for me or has anyone actually held a sloth in Orlando? many thanks xx
Old 12 Mar 15, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Doggie Diva
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We have seen the Sloth at DC but touching or holding it was not an option .
Doggie Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Hi we also seen a sloth in discovery cove last year but we were allowed to stroke and feed her her name was lucy she was lovely .
Old 12 Mar 15, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loubieloo
Imagineer

I met Lucy at dc on New Years eve.

Dh was still swimming with the children and I had nipped back to the cabana. I went running back to tell them but by the time we all got back she had gone again as it was too cold.
Old 12 Mar 15, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterby
slightly serious Dibber

Have a look at Wild Florida Airboats. We will be booking with them for the airboat ride but they also have a wild animal park which has free entrance with the ride.
When I was going through the booking stage, it came up with an option to add a sloth encounter for $20.
Not sure if they do this seperately but they have an online chat option so may be worth asking if you can do it there with or without the airboat ride.

Forgot to add there is a discount code DESTC which gives 20% the airboat ride.

Edited at 11:30 PM.
flutterby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 15, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

we too ,stroked the sloth at Discovery cove , such lovely animals.
Old 13 Mar 15, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Thanks guys for all your replies - I'll have a wee nosey at Wild Florida Airboats and also keep my fingers crossed for Discovery Cove as I have this booked as a wee surprise when we go Thanks so much also for the discount code. xxx
Old 13 Mar 15, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread