Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Jun 16, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post
MrPrice
Helping Minnie

Hi Kaz

I paid less than that for a Premium grade car for 3 weeks all inclusive with Alamo. A lot of people get caught out with the claims of a "Free" car, there is never any mention about the cost of the insurance upgrade. By the way this isn't just limited to Thomsons.

You will indeed get a much better deal going direct. Enjoy your holiday
MrPrice is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Away next week, with a rental from the 15th.
Booked a "standard convertible" through Alamo Brits at DCCC.
Sent them an email to see about "expressing a preference" for a specific model, and have been advised their current fleet is:
Mustang convertible, Camaro convertible, and "new Miata" (suggesting it's on its way into the fleet)...
Obviously, they didn't guarantee a specific for me, but they did say they'd put a note on the reservation.
Old 11 Aug 16, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

I am looking to hire an SUV with Alamo in October. I appreciate the fleet list at the start of the thread but does anyone know and up to date fleet list for Alamo SUVs?

I dont know if it makes a difference, but i will be hiring from Tampa.
irvsax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Avioman
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Hi hope this helps this is the info I had direct from Alamo in July

• Equinox
• Terrain
• Sorrento
• Explorer
• Highlander
• Pathfinder
• Xterra
• 4Runner
• Grand Cherokee
• Endeavor
• Santa Fe
Avioman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Avioman View Post
Hi hope this helps this is the info I had direct from Alamo in July

• Equinox
• Terrain
• Sorrento
• Explorer
• Highlander
• Pathfinder
• Xterra
• 4Runner
• Grand Cherokee
• Endeavor
• Santa Fe
Thank you. I think that might be the 'standard' class and there is also an 'intermediate' class as well.

Basically I am trying to weigh up between an intermediate SUV for about £750, pay £900 for standard SUV or look at a private rental for a 2006 hummer h3 for about £550.

So just trying to get a guage for what I get for my money.
irvsax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
m3gt2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by irvsax View Post
Thank you. I think that might be the 'standard' class and there is also an 'intermediate' class as well.

Basically I am trying to weigh up between an intermediate SUV for about £750, pay £900 for standard SUV or look at a private rental for a 2006 hummer h3 for about £550.

So just trying to get a guage for what I get for my money.
Where did you get the price for the Hummer?
m3gt2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by m3gt2 View Post
Where did you get the price for the Hummer?
It is from a website/app called Turo. People make their cars available for private hire and its all done through the app and you get certain assurances etc. Guy did me a discount on the vehicle because of long stay.
Old 22 Aug 16, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
Away next week, with a rental from the 15th.
Booked a "standard convertible" through Alamo Brits at DCCC.
Sent them an email to see about "expressing a preference" for a specific model, and have been advised their current fleet is:
Mustang convertible, Camaro convertible, and "new Miata" (suggesting it's on its way into the fleet)...
Obviously, they didn't guarantee a specific for me, but they did say they'd put a note on the reservation.
Interested to hear about the new MX-5 Miata coming onto the fleets as it's supposed to be a cracker. Just the thing for Longboat Key and AMI but sadly can't see even one rigid case fitting in the boot, and there's no rear seats of course
Old 23 Aug 16, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Hi renting a premium SUV via Hertz in October , supposedly a Suburban or Expedition.Cant nail down Hertz to tell me if they have 7 or 8 seats in their Suburban .
Anyone rented premium SUV group T6 PFAR recently ? Did it have the bench seat for the second row ?

I've heard that a lot of the Hertz fleet do have the 8 seats but it would be good to hear from someone who's been out there recently .
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Just checking out the list of cars from Alamo.
We have booked economy : Kia Rio and similar.

However 2 years ago we also had economy car booked and when picking form appropriate aisle in the garage I did not see any small cars at all. We had Chevy Cruise, which by the list on front page is Intermediate car and it was in economy row with lots of other same size vehicles.
That is why we never pay to upgrade the size, it's only 2 of us and economy is always lovely and big.
Fingers crossed this had not changed in past 2 years and will be lucky again when we go in 31 days :-) Chevy Cruise was lovely car with huge boot!

Edited at 02:46 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List