Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 2 Aug 16, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida virgin
Imagineer

Cost of hiring a scooter

My mum who is in her 70's and just recovering from a knee operation, so her mobility isn't great and she will need a scooter each day.

I know she can hire one, how much are they per day and does she need to pre book one?
Old 2 Aug 16, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

I'm using Walker Mobility for this trip, 10 days, delivered to the villa, with damage insurance $200

That's for a lightweight version easily fits into a SUV
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 16, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida virgin
Imagineer

Thank you for that, she is going with a friend and her disabled son so there may not be room for another wheelchair in the car - but saying that if it folds down it may be an option - do you have the link for the company you hired it from x
Old 3 Aug 16, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida virgin View Post
Thank you for that, she is going with a friend and her disabled son so there may not be room for another wheelchair in the car - but saying that if it folds down it may be an option - do you have the link for the company you hired it from x
walkermobility/
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post

There are a number of companies who offer scooter hire in the Orlando area. All will deliver to your hotel or villa and their costs vary. It's for sure though that they'll all be cheaper than hiring by the day from the theme parks. At Present, Disney charge $50 per day and of course, you've got to walk there in the first place.

I hired a large four wheel scooter from Florida Mobility Rentals in May for 13 days and with insurance it cost me $245. There were cheaper models, and ones that easily broke down into parts for transportation. I saw Buena Vista Rentals many times as well as Walker Rentals but a search on Internet will bring many up. You should reserve in advance.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
scl
Apprentice Imagineer

We have hired one for my fil again this time its costing us just over $300 for 3 weeks. They are quite big though and take up the whole of the boot. The one we hired didnt really fold down.
scl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Old Kid
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
we aren't going till next year and I was thinking about hiring from the parks but looking at the posts and the cost of hiring that way I am changing my mind but am a little worried about getting into the parks from the resort on the bus. I remember how long it takes for the driver to put the scooter on anyone else done this? and not died of embarrassment when you hold a bus full of people up.

Pop Century 2009
Extended Stay Deluxe Lake Buena Vista 2012
Old Kid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Don't worry about holding the bus up Old Kid. Being disabled is something that the drivers understand and I found that the other passengers did also.

The drivers are very experienced at loading scooters and if you follow their instructions, they'll have you on board very promptly. I didn't hear one murmur of disquiet from the other passengers and I used the buses many times.

If I recall, the other passengers got off before the scooter users anyway so the delay to them was only in the loading.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread