Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
One year we didn't think we would make our flight out because DS2 had clusters of seizures. We've not been asked at check-in if he's had a seizure within 24 hours but Special Assistance pointed it out each time we contacted them.

DS is on three drugs; Stiripentol, Clobazam and Zonisimide plus the Buccal Midazolam rescue med. He also has a Vagus Nerve Stimulator, since he was seven.
Old 30 May 16, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
shanna
A Guest at All-Stars

On a very positive note my eldest daughter is on one medication, aged 17, doing A levels and has a part time job and a very busy teenage life 😀
shanna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 16, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
My daughter had her first sezuire at age 4, this was in July and we were booked to go to Florida and a disney cruise in October, so naturally I was concerned about insurance for her, we had a eeg a few days after the sezuire and it confirmed the diagnosis, my daughter has mild cerebral palsy which was diagnosed at 5 months so have always had good travel insurance for our previous trips. We got insurance with Insurewith and they were very thorough in their questions. Price was £231 for a family policy including all pre existing medical conditions for all of us (we all have conditions to be declared) for 17 days including the cruise cover which bumped the price up, we have since used them on other trips and they have been very good.
My daughter takes a daily medication and have the rescue meds.
Have also never had a problem carrying her liquid medication in hand luggage, we have a letter from her consultant stating what her conditions are and her required meds.
Hugs to you, I know this can be a scary time x
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 16, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My son was diagnosed back last year . He has had One Mir and two EEG. My son has seizure during sleep and awake.

We go to Orlando in 41 days and we got insurance with fish.
My son also has other health issues ie brain damage ,chronic kidney disease.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 16, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Old Kid
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

I have had epilepsy since I was 12 and now I am 59 I have been to Disney world twice have had MRI's since 2011 and have never been asked about them when looking for insurance

Pop Century 2009
Extended Stay Deluxe Lake Buena Vista 2012
Old Kid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 16, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Our son is 19 and severely autistic, non verbal.
We have taken him to Orlando several times but haven't been back since 2009.
He has a mild epilepsy condition which we administer medication for,
He had a seizure mid flight back in 2006 but hasn't suffered frequent attacks, the last one was late 2014 prior to which he was taken off the medication.

Having booked flights to go again recently, the following day he had a horrible violent seizure that has us shocked and upset as we thought they were a thing of the past.
We just assumed the medicine had it under control.

We aren't good travellers and we are now worried about our flight next year in case we have a repeat, really don't want to put him through that although our GP has told us to increase his medication now.

Edited at 06:58 PM.
johnnysharp2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 16, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread