Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 27 Nov 16, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

The all dabbing Salou swan song. October 2016. Day 6, Salou tourist train and Cambrils.

Thursday 27th October
We woke at 8 again today, in the mornings I normally sat on the balcony reading and writing my trip notes.
I started to pack a few things before we went for breakfast.

We met Kelly and Andrew in the outside bar, they were leaving today and getting picked up at 12.15 so had their luggage with them. We chatted until 10.30 then we went to catch the little tourist train. The stop isn't far from the hotel and we didn't wait long.
This was new this year, in the summer you can hop on hop off for one more euro but from October it's just a ride around Salou and you have to pay full price if you get off.
We decided to ride anyway, it was €4 each, considering the tour is about an hour and a half, this is great value.

The train rides around all of Salou and takes you to Portaventura, the port and to Cap Salou. We saw lots of places we didn't know existed and found out where the train station was.
Photos from the journey.

It was so pretty in parts and we all enjoyed seeing the sights.
Outside the hotel we were surprised to see Kelly still waiting, as it was 12.30, the transfer was late so Kelly popped to reception to ask them to call.
They were told it was on the way and a few minutes later the mini bus pulled up. We said our goodbyes again, then went to get lunch.

There are two hotel buildings, and in the morning I had seen some people on the roof of the opposite building. Feeling curious, I suggested seeing what was up there. We walked up the steps on the outside of the building, I hate heights so I was staying close to the middle. It was 6 or 7 stories up, so was pretty tired when we made it to the top, and found nothing up there apart from a nice view.

I was too scared to get close to the edge.

It was so warm and sunny up there, it's a shame there isn't a bar and sunbeds.
I didn't fancy walking back down the steps outside the building, so we went inside and started down the stairs At the bottom it was a dead end, we were actually in the staff storage and office areas.
We had to walk back up and I thought we would have to make it to the top again and still have to end up on the outside stairs, but luckily I saw a staff member and she let us through a door to the hotel. She didn't seemed fazed that we were wondering about in the staff area.
After failing to make it to Cambrils yesterday, we decided to try again today, so we caught the bus and realised how far away we were.
As soon as we saw the port we hopped off.

The port was pretty, and glad we made the effort to try again.
We headed back to the bus stop.

Casually waiting for the bus

I love the cycle lanes

The bus didn't take long and as we enjoyed the McDonalds ice creams, we got off early again, but had a walk around Salou port first.
They have a light show here in the summer

We needed this after all that walking

Instead of walking back to the hotel, we took the scenic route by the beach.

We had to climb more steps on the way to the hotel, after all stairs earlier it was a struggle.
Jess went up to catch up with her friends online, while Matt and I stayed downstairs.
Our plan was to go out for dinner, but Jess didn't come down until 8, we were pretty shattered as well. So we stayed at the hotel which was a lovely paella.

And a pie

It was the dire Spanish music again tonight and the apple bar was closed for a private party, so we spent our night at the amusements playing pool and on the dance machine.

It was a fun evening and wasn't a late night.

Edited at 11:07 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List