Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Dec 16, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Julmops
Excited about Disney

Animal Kingdom Lodge - Concierge Villas

Hi all,
We are booked for 2 nights at the beginning of our next stay in January in a Concierge 1-bedroom in Jambo House ... Anyone here would have experience it and would have advice and tips for us ?
Many thanks in advance !
Julmops
Julmops is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 16, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Katenbeth
Imagineer

Ask away and I will help in any way I can.
Old 9 Dec 16, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Julmops
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Katenbeth View Post
Ask away and I will help in any way I can.
Hi Katenbeth, thanks for your reply.
I guess that most of my questions are around the extras that the Concierge Level is offering ...
What is on offer in the lounge ?
What extras can we expect globally by being in Concierge instead of standard accommodation?
It will be my birthday on our first full day there ... Is it worth mentioning it ?
Many thanks in advance !
Julmops is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 16, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Katenbeth
Imagineer

I would definitely mention your birthday, we have on previous visits and received some gifts on our return to the room after been out for the day.

The concierge have also managed to get us some very sought after ADR'S at very short notice that appear not available on all other channels, but I wouldn't rely on this.

The lounge itself can be a very relaxing area and we always use it for breakfast which itself can be a godsend as it's so convenient and there is always plenty on offer (no hot food though) think more like a continental type of breakfast.
The cost saving on breakfast alone can be substantial over a 2/3 week holiday.
We also make good use of the fridge that's filled with various cans of pop,chocolate milk,cartons of milk and apple juice which we use to stock our room fridge.
The food offerings are very good and tasty but are only small taster dishes and shouldn't be relyed upon for a full meal but on occasion it has been more that ample for us.
The wine and spirts on offer are also very good but only on for a limited time in the late evening.
Now to my only slight negative,in years gone by the fridge in the lounge was stocked with some very good bottled beers but on our most recent visit(Aug this year) the system had changed and you now need to ask a CM for a bottle.
Although this is never a problem to the CM, it just seems to take a little of the relaxation when having a few beers after a long day in the parks.

All in all, staying club level is a very good choice for us and we find good value out of the points uplift.

If you need anymore specifics, don't hesitate to ask .

Edited at 03:29 PM.
Katenbeth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 16, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 16, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Julmops
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Katenbeth View Post
I would definitely mention your birthday, we have on previous visits and received some gifts on our return to the room after been out for the day.

The concierge have also managed to get us some very sought after ADR'S at very short notice that appear not available on all other channels, but I wouldn't rely on this.

The lounge itself can be a very relaxing area and we always use it for breakfast which itself can be a godsend as it's so convenient and there is always plenty on offer (no hot food though) think more like a continental type of breakfast.
The cost saving on breakfast alone can be substantial over a 2/3 week holiday.
We also make good use of the fridge that's filled with various cans of pop,chocolate milk,cartons of milk and apple juice which we use to stock our room fridge.
The food offerings are very good and tasty but are only small taster dishes and shouldn't be relyed upon for a full meal but on occasion it has been more that ample for us.
The wine and spirts on offer are also very good but only on for a limited time in the late evening.
Now to my only slight negative,in years gone by the fridge in the lounge was stocked with some very good bottled beers but on our most recent visit(Aug this year) the system had changed and you now need to ask a CM for a bottle.
Although this is never a problem to the CM, it just seems to take a little of the relaxation when having a few beers after a long day in the parks.

All in all, staying club level is a very good choice for us and we find good value out of the points uplift.

If you need anymore specifics, don't hesitate to ask .
Splendid ! Many thanks for all the details ... We are only there for 2 nights but really looking forward to it !
Closed Thread