Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jan 17, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gp1602
Getting Excited

OMG I cry at all kinds these days! What a lovely story
Gp1602 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I haven't posted the details of this before, but back in August we went to 50's Prime Time Diner one evening for an ADR (all our ADRs were marked up as silver wedding anniversary). Our server practically ignored us, didn't even mention the anniversary let alone wish us a happy one (even though the manager herself had seen my huge badge while we were waiting in the lounge area, and the waitress from the room next door came over and commented on it, even telling my OH what a talented wife he had (I made it myself)), and spent half the time sitting at other tables talking to the families. When he did interract he was sarky to the point of rudeness and it had genuinely upset me.

For the first time ever I asked to see the manager on our way out and the first thing she did was wish us a happy anniversary again and ask whether we'd had a good meal. I told her about our experience and couldn't believe it when she got out a little book, and asked us what our favourite shop was. I was a bit confused, but then she said something like 'oh never mind, I'll make it for any shop'. I was still wondering what it was about, but she then gave me a voucher for $50, said it was an anniversary present from herself (! ) and she hoped it would make up for things.

OH and I were still reeling as we left the restaurant, and he said, "I know what you're going to spend that on!" I'd seen a Pandora charm in the shop which I wanted, but was umming and ahhing as it was $65. Now I could get most of it as a present.

We went to the shop, I pointed the charm out and handed over the voucher. I also got a $50 note out to pay the balance plus tax. He looked down at the note and said, "No, put your money away, we've got this."

So I got the $65 charm for free.

I've never heard of them giving out such an expensive gift, and I will be so grateful to the lovely manager of the restaurant for years to come. I had hoped for maybe a $10 refund or a couple of FP voucher (we paid for the DDP so it wasn't as if the meal was free). But it's the way she said it was a present from herself to wish us a happy anniversary. Nearly brought tears to my eyes, I can tell you.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
How lovely
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Aww these stories are so lovely! Makes you teary.

When we took my daughter for the first time we had just gotten off Thunder mountain railroad and she was jumping up and down saying how brilliant she thought the ride was and how it was her favourite...a cast member was walking behind us as we exited the ride, came up to us and asked my daughter what she thought of the ride. She couldn't contain how happy she was as she explained what she thought of it. He asked if she would like another go without waiting in the long queue and gave us all fast passes. She couldn't believe it!
On another day we was in the hotel arcade and a family came up to us gave my daughter all their tickets to add to her own so she could get something then as we left another family that was leaving on that day gave her a jack skellington balloon.
There was so many things that made that trip magical. The little things really do make it special 😊
DisneyDreamer! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post

How fantastic! We experienced a magical Moment on our childrens' first trip too. My eldest son was 5 at the time and crazy about Haunted Mansion. He'd spent quite some time in the shop next to the ride deciding what to buy with his spending money, and got chatting to two cast members. He bent their ear about the ride AND told them he wanted to come back and work on HM as a CM himself when he grew up. When we were leaving one of the ladies came back to us and asked if it was okay if she gave him and his brother a little something. I was a bit confused but she picked two bags of Haunted Mansion green cotton candy off the shelves and gave one to each of them, and then handed my eldest a HM pin. They were both delighted and it's such a lovely memory, we were so greatful and they both still talk about it every time we talk about their first trip. <3
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

I think my expectations are too high after reading all these lovely stories.

I called the Disney helpline a while ago because I was having a bit of an issue with our booking at AKL. She was very lovely and helpful and sorted out my problem. She then said "I want to make sure you have a really magical day today, so I have something to tell you about."

I thought OMG, she has noticed it's our son's birthday while we are staying at the hotel and she's going to upgrade us to a Savannah view room! My heart started beating a bit faster.

She then proceeded to tell me something about rubbings on the floor in the hotel lobby that the kids would enjoy and reception would give us a crayon if we asked.

Expectations were promptly reduced back to a realistic level
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post

I've told this tale a thousand times. Little girl is on her way with her Mum to breakfast at Cinderella castle. They are rushing because they are late. Girl falls, ripping her dress hem and crushing the (plastic) tiara she is wearing. She also grazes her leg. There are tears.
When they get to the check in podium the CM asks what has happened. She assures the little girl to dry her eyes because she will be meeting Cinderella. They get shown to their table and start with their breakfast. Suddenly Cinderella appears and heads straight to their table accompanied by a CM carrying a cushion.

Cinderella tells the girl that she heard what happened to her and is very sorry that she broke her tiara. So she asked her mice to make a new one and it is presented on the cushion. Can you imagine the smile on that child's face?What did that cost Disney? About $3 (cost price) for a cheap plastic tiara. What was that moment worth? Immeasurable magic.

That's when Disney do it best.

===========================================

And it's not just for kids. My husband and I were celebrating 25 years together on our trip in 2014. We had an ADR at Beaches and CReam but had arrived early. We got talking to a CM (Sandra) at the gate entrance to Stormalong Bay. We were talking about all manner of things and she had noticed our Anniversary badges and was quite surprised when we said we'd been together 25 years. The time came for our ADR and we said goodbye to her.

We go into Beaches & Cream and order a couple of sundaes and drinks. Now if you know the place you'll be aware that if a Kitchen Sink gets ordered a fanfare goes off accompanied by flashing lights. Well, this happens and we assume somebody is having the sink. No, the manager comes straight to our table with a bunch of balloons and announces our 25th anniversary to everyone. He also leans in close and says "I gather you were chatting with Sandra by the pool. Well, she'd like to treat you to your ice creams here today." We were stunned.

When we left we tried to find Sandra to thank her but she had finished her shift. When we got home it was nearing Christmas so we sent a card care of the Beach Club wishing her Happy Holidays and thanking her for her kind gesture. We do hope that she got it.

Here's a shot of the balloons:

Edited at 12:32 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

Some great stories on here, we had one on our last visit. My daughter was 8 at the time and obsessed with Rapunzel, she was wearing her Rapunzel dress at Magic Kingdom and at midnight on our first day it is always a tradition to get Funnel Cake at Sleepy Hollow. So we head over to get our Funnel Cake and the lady behind the counter can see our daughter is on her last legs, she says "excuse me what's your name", my daughter replies with her name, she then says "so it's you, Rapunzel came in earlier and told me that when she met you she was so impressed and that I should give you this". She then presented her with the biggest cookie you have ever seen, my daughter had a burst of life and was jumping up and down, she still mentions it now.

What impressed me was how the Cast Member took the chance that she had met Rapunzel, I know she was wearing the outfit, but, she may not have met her that day, it worked a treat.
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Rose
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by sazza22 View Post
Oh this is so lovely, I'm even tearing up at reading this so you must have felt wonderful watching your son!
We did! That feeling was priceless x
Yorkshire Rose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Rose
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Gp1602 View Post
OMG I cry at all kinds these days! What a lovely story
Everytime I think about it and his little face I can cry - what a softie
Yorkshire Rose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List