Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
the thing with the "free" dining plans for DLP is, if they're not combined with at least a 30% off offer, they're not "free", as 30% off (ie one night free on a 3-night stay for example) is a pretty much bog-standard offer for onsite at DLP.
There was a discount as well on the German offer but I forget how much - don't think it was as much as 30% though. I'm just pricing all the different offers up at the moment.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Go with 2 for 2. Better offer. Put money aside for your food.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
Go with 2 for 2. Better offer. Put money aside for your food.
Actually, the free dining offer is better for us (I just Googled and it's 25% off hotel & tickets so that must be why, also kids under 12 are free with this one). The UK 2 nights free offer is £1102 and the German free dining one is £1212. So that's an extra £110 for breakfast & dinner which is well worth it.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Avviexxx
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry to jump in, so i would prefer to have a large meal before i travel home on my last day. Are the vouchers dated for each day?
Could i keep a voucher from one of the days (paying to have a small meal instead) and use this on my last day?
Old 16 Jan 17, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Avviexxx View Post
Sorry to jump in, so i would prefer to have a large meal before i travel home on my last day. Are the vouchers dated for each day?
Could i keep a voucher from one of the days (paying to have a small meal instead) and use this on my last day?
yes you can, the vouchers are dated, but they are dated for the entire duration of your stay (ie including both your check-in and checkout days).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Actually, the free dining offer is better for us (I just Googled and it's 25% off hotel & tickets so that must be why, also kids under 12 are free with this one). The UK 2 nights free offer is £1102 and the German free dining one is £1212. So that's an extra £110 for breakfast & dinner which is well worth it.
yes, definitely in your case I'd say - unfortunately the German offer isn't showing me kids under-12 for my dates, only under-7s.

Edited at 07:21 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
unfortunately the German offer isn't showing me kids under-12 for my dates, only under-7s.
Oh, that's annoying! After a 5 year hiatus from Paris I wondered why everything seemed twice as expensive - then I realised it was because we no longer have any under 7s! So we now have to pay for 4 adults rather than 2 adults with 2 free kids

Ditto the Eurostar - MAN, that's expensive now! We're looking at £800 for May half-term (When are indirect prices released, incidentally? Their website doesn't say). We can get it cheaper if we go in the summer (and Pirates will be open then, unlike May) but that seems too long to wait now that I've decided to go!
Old 16 Jan 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Eurostar still have the £72 return fares but they are getting rarer - usually they sell out within hours of release and before they show on the website - 9 months out I think. I think the indirect is 90 days out.

We have got flights next time with 9000 Avios and £35 (plus we will need to book a transfer). We only needed one way as we're getting a train on to Barcelona for our DCL cruise and then flying home from Barcelona.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Oh, that's annoying! After a 5 year hiatus from Paris I wondered why everything seemed twice as expensive - then I realised it was because we no longer have any under 7s! So we now have to pay for 4 adults rather than 2 adults with 2 free kids

Ditto the Eurostar - MAN, that's expensive now! We're looking at £800 for May half-term (When are indirect prices released, incidentally? Their website doesn't say). We can get it cheaper if we go in the summer (and Pirates will be open then, unlike May) but that seems too long to wait now that I've decided to go!
the indirect Eurostar fare will be released 90 days prior to travel.
if I can't get free kids I just book onsite for one adult, then buy APs for everyone else in the party, as that usually works out cheaper than booking a package for 4 people when none of them go free .
Old 17 Jan 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
the indirect Eurostar fare will be released 90 days prior to travel.
if I can't get free kids I just book onsite for one adult, then buy APs for everyone else in the party, as that usually works out cheaper than booking a package for 4 people when none of them go free .
Do you pay for tickets for the onsite adult or get that adult an AP also? I ask because I priced up 4 APs with a room-only rate but there was barely any difference between the room-only rate and the tickets included rate! Does that sound wrong to you? I read something recently about the room-only rates only being released nearer the time so maybe the CM on the phone gave me the wrong info and the room-only rate wasn't actually available at the time?!