Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile A few questions...

1) how long do the estas take to come through?

2) how do i get to ksc and legoland with no car or transportation booked with my tickets?

3) jedi training: is it ok to book this on an emh day or should i book a breakfast somewhere to get into the park earlier and sign up?

4) the refillable cups we get at cbr, I know u can only fill them up at the resorts so do you guys just use them there in the hotel room/ by the pool etc.. or do u take them full with u into the parks? If so, how do you carry them about?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

Our ESTA was approved within minutes, I think most are, though some have taken a couple of days. Do make sure you use the official link (at the top of this board).

Personally I wouldn't take the mug with me to the park, it'd be a pain to carry unless you were taking a child in a pushchair the. You could pop them in that. I'll take a bottle of water with me, as I can throw this away when done, then either just drink free water or pay/use a snack credit for a drink.
Old 16 Jan 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Your ETSA will come through straight away usually, some will say pending and take a few days.

If we were going to a park in the evening we would take ours with us, we would walk over to the food court from Jamaica, get an ice cold drink and drink them on the bus, we would get the bus from outside Old Port Royals, DH had a backpack so would put them in there when they were empty. We didn't do it every day but did for a few days!

No idea about Jedi training though, sorry!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Re KSC and Legoland, there are a couple of companies that provide transportation, but I think they sell it with their tickets. You might need to rent a car, both are not serviced by public transportation and are too far for a sensibly priced taxi.
Old 16 Jan 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Re KSC and Legoland, there are a couple of companies that provide transportation, but I think they sell it with their tickets. You might need to rent a car, both are not serviced by public transportation and are too far for a sensibly priced taxi.
A ≈≈≈≈≈≈. Will have to buy investigate further with this then. Tickets were purchased as gifts for xmas so no option of transportation. How much do you reckon a car would be for 2 days if i did the trips bk to bk?
Old 16 Jan 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Your ETSA will come through straight away usually, some will say pending and take a few days.

If we were going to a park in the evening we would take ours with us, we would walk over to the food court from Jamaica, get an ice cold drink and drink them on the bus, we would get the bus from outside Old Port Royals, DH had a backpack so would put them in there when they were empty. We didn't do it every day but did for a few days!

No idea about Jedi training though, sorry!
Thanks! Shall bear in mind an evening trip with the mugs.
Old 16 Jan 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Apparently Greyline do transportation only to KSC.

grayline/tours/orland...-only-5873_40/
Old 17 Jan 17, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
REDHILL
a Friend of the DIBB

Legoland do an official shuttle bus

From their website

Shuttle
Staying in Orlando? Roundtrip transportation is now available!

Pick-up location: I-Drive 360, 8401 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819. Please park on the bottom floor of the I-Drive 360 parking deck located between International Drive and Universal Boulevard. Parking in the garage is FREE. The shuttle pick up is outside the parking deck near the back entrance of the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye on the Universal Boulevard side of the property.
Price: $5 per person (plus tax)
Pick up time: 9:00 a.m.; please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure
Leaves to return at park closing. Check operating schedule for the latest times.
*Please note: shuttle has one daily round-trip.

The LEGOLAND Shuttle is reservation based. All passengers must have a reservation to board. Terms and conditions.

Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance. All reservations after 11 a.m. must be made online.

Directions to I-Drive 360 Parking:

From I-4 Westbound: Exit 74A Sand Lake Road. Left at light onto Sand Lake Road. Right onto Universal Boulevard. Turn right into I-Drive 360 Parking Deck. Park on bottom floor. Address: 8401 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819.
From I-4 Eastbound: Exit 74A Sand Lake Road. Right at the light onto Sand Lake Road. Right onto Universal Boulevard. Turn right onto I-Drive 360 Parking Deck. Address: 8401 International Drive, Orlando Florida 32819.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.

For additional information please contact us at 1.877.350.5346.

Budget Rental Car
Book a bargain.

When you rent a car, you shouldn't need a handbook. Why not choose simple, smart and easy on the wallet? Then you can focus on getting there and having fun doing it.
REDHILL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

I've hired a car from Avis for two days and I think it cost about £100 but it's a convertible (special treat for me!). I'm sure there were smaller cars for a lot less! BTW I hired this to pick up at Disney's Car Care Center, which is why it's Avis. You can get a shuttle bus to take you there!
Old 17 Jan 17, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks guys!