Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
frazers mum
Imagineer

Golden forest upgrade.

I've just phoned DLP to add on the Golden forest rooms for our stay in May. The lady I spoke to said I would lose the 2 days/ 2 nights free offer if I wanted to upgrade and it would cost me double the amount I paid , like another £1,150 on top of our initial balance. Surely this isn't right?
Disneyland Paris - May 2003, May 2017
frazers mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post

It is right. Had the same for Newport Bay. I just said to the person 'that's really silly' and she said 'I know'. I don't get the logic of it, but the clubs aren't on the offers. I am going to ask when I get there and see what I can get. I suppose they want to keep it very exclusive.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I suspect it's because the 2 days/nights free offer is no longer available for your dates, so you would be changing to a different offer, which isn't as good. I'm sure others can confirm the theory either way.

I booked a golden forest room on that offer no problems, when it was the offer on the uk site.
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by frazers mum View Post
I've just phoned DLP to add on the Golden forest rooms for our stay in May. The lady I spoke to said I would lose the 2 days/ 2 nights free offer if I wanted to upgrade and it would cost me double the amount I paid , like another £1,150 on top of our initial balance. Surely this isn't right?
I've booked a Montana room at Sequoia Lodge for the last week in September. A few weeks ago I tried the same thing and was given the same answer as you so I'm sticking to a Montana room. I booked my Montana room last June so thankfully I won't have to pay extra for breakfast.

I'm planning on going to WDW in September next year and the money it will cost to upgrade to a GF room will be very handy for the WDW trip! The last time I went to WDW was 1997 (the year before AK opened) and I'll need all the money I can get for it!

Edited at 10:15 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List