Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 17, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
skindogg
slightly serious Dibber

skindogg's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Virgin Miles - benefits apart from early seat selection?

I usually always travel with Virgin but I never book direct with Virgin - usually with Skyscanner and one of their partners or similar comparison websites.

I've accumulated 37000 Virgin Miles over the past couple of years - not a lot I know - but they seem useless as I do not book with Virgin Direct. It's still more expensive to use my miles to book with Virgin Direct than to book with another website.

So for a casual holiday once per year what's the point in Virgin Miles and showing loyalty?

A virgin card gives you free seat selection 72 hours in advance isn't that correct? Are there any other benefits as I cannot see any for at least ten years!
Old 17 Jan 17, 02:39 AM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by skindogg View Post
It's still more expensive to use my miles to book with Virgin Direct than to book with another website.
Sorry, I can't see how this is the case. With 25,000 miles you can get an off-peak return economy Rewards flight to MCO for £235 - I don't see how a third party can do a direct flight that cheap. Alternatively, 36,000 miles are worth a discount of £216 if you go for Miles+Money (3,000=£18). Again, I don't believe other websites are that much cheaper than Virgin. I was lucky in November, as there were Fare Code O tickets available for both my April and Sept flights for £406 each - which would have come down to only £190 had I used 36,000 miles on Miles+Money instead of just Money. Surely those discounts are worth having?
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I knocked around £70 off my flights with 15,000 miles. The same flight was showing £50 cheaper via Skyscanner, so theres a slight saving to be made if you've accumulated enough miles.

Edited at 08:32 AM.
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

I'm suprised you still earn miles by booking non-direct as hotels you don't.

How about some Virgin wine, you have £150 to spend?
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Car hire when you get there ? Wine by the case? Experience Days? Checkout their website to see what you can spend their miles on that you might prefer.
Old 17 Jan 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Car hire when you get there ? Wine by the case? Experience Days? Checkout their website to see what you can spend their miles on that you might prefer.
ive read you can only earn miles for experience days not spend on them - is that not the case?
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
skindogg
slightly serious Dibber

skindogg's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Ahh will check it out Thank You
Old 17 Jan 17, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Obviously I think it depends on when you want to go. Unless your finding really good bargains on third party sites you will save money using them.
I'm at about 53000 miles each so can't wait to spend them next time. Based on some New York flights I was checking for example I was using 35000 miles to save about £260 on a return PE flight based on the full cash ticket price.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List