Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - Day 6 - DCL

Day 6 December 6th 2008 - Castaway Cay

Previous Days

This morning we were awake to see the sunrise. Our breakfast was ordered for 7 – 7:30am.

There was tea, coffee, milk, cereal, pastries, oj & toast.

While eating our breakfast we were backing up to CC. The weather looks really nice.

We were off the ship for about 9am. You are greeted by a wonderful Christmas tree with snow falling, well getting blown around.

Straight round the get the bus/tram up to Serenity Bay. It was lovely, the sky was so blue and there were hardly any clouds. There was a nice breeze, not too cold.

We found ourselves a hammock and put our stuff on it and went down to the waters edge.

I was determined this year to go into the sea/ocean. It was a bit on the cold side but being from the North East we are used to it. As you stood in the water there were loads of shells and little fish swimming about.

Contd...
Old 1 Jan 09, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We stood for sometime and then went for a bit of a paddle further out, it was very shallow and beautiful clear crystal blue. Neil went back up to the beach to lie on the Hammock. I followed him up after spotting some rather large fish. We stayed sitting/relaxing for quite a while. It was lovely just chilling out. We then went up to the BBQ about 12 noon. It was lovely, the food was really tasty.

We then returned to the hammock for a while longer. Neil went and sat by the waters edge.

DH and I were talking on the beach and an American gent asked if we were Australian! We looked at each other had a chuckle and told him where we were from. He laughed and apologised. He then called me Olivia Newton John and Neil was Paul McCartney. Now I know I don’t sound l anything like Olivia and Neil def doesn’t sound like Sir Paul.
Anyway we got talking and they were really funny.

We’d had enough sun by 2pm and walked very slowly to catch the tram back to the ship. As the night got on I discovered just how much sun I had caught!

We chilled in the room and decided that we would not go to the show Dreams tonight, as we’d seen it last year and we just wanted to relax a bit more. I didn’t have to iron anything tonight as it was hung up and the creases fell out by themselves. We also had to pack our stuff and have the cases out no later than 11pm tonight. So while I was sorting the clothes out, Neil went down to Guest Services to sort out our OBC and tips for the servers etc.
At 7pm we had a walk around the ship, it was empty as everyone was either eating or watching the show.
They were showing the football game on the aerial view screen on deck 9, there were a few watching it.
It was very windy on deck 10 and we had drink, pink lemonade for me and diet coke for him. We sat in the Promenade Lounge, talking and waiting till it was time for dinner.

Tonight we are eating at Parrot Cay. 8:15pm came along and in we went. We should have been dining alone tonight as both our tablemates were supposed to be at Palo, however 1 of the couples decided not to bother and joined us instead.
The food was a bit of a let down in PC, I & DH had the mixed grill, we told our server wanted the steak part med-well, that was not the problem, it was my lamb chop. I cut it and blood ran out of it. Yuk!
I left it and other things it just put me off my meal. The dessert tonight was Crème Brulee cheesecake, it was very bland, with a soggy base. I was disappointed in this meal.
No photo’s of dinner too much talking tonight.
Dinner over and we gave out our tip envelopes to the servers. We had left our stateroom host’s his back in the cabin, on the table with a little bit of chocolate from the UK. We got back in the room at 10pm and I had to pack the things we had on, making sure that we had something left out to wear tomorrow.
Earlier Capt John made the announcement telling us when we would be back in port etc and what temp it had been today on CC, at 5pm it was still 80 deg. He also said that it would be a smooth crossing back to the port. After we’d packed and the cases were put out, neither of us could be bothered to go anywhere so we watched some TV and fell asleep.
The boat was really moving you could feel it.

Tomorrow we check in to VWL – ‘Home’.
Old 1 Jan 09, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I have updated with the final day. I don't know what happend to the photo's. I will fix days 1 & 2 soon. Sorry folks
Old 6 Jan 09, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Thoroughly enjoying all your pics Michelle
They are bringing back wonderful memories for me. Thank you!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 09, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Love reading cruise trip reports and it sounds like you had a great time. I'd love to be able to see the Christmas decorations at Castaway Cay

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Really enjoyed your report!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
smythy21
Imagineer

smythy21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
great trip report and love all the pics. can wait to go on my cruis next year
Old 13 Oct 09, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List