Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Feb 15, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Naples - advice from those who have stayed there

I've come across what I think is a good deal to stay at Naples Grande Beach Resort for the May half term and am really considering booking it, but I need to research the area a little first so what better place to ask then here

We have been to Naples before but it was over ten years ago, pre kids, and we went in December and had cold weather

We're after a short break, with good wether so we can be on the beach or by the pool most of the day.

We don't want to spend a fortune on food to keep costs down so we'd need to be able to eat out cheaply. Last time we booked high end restaurants as cost wasn't an issue.

We'd have a car for the whole time we're there so might be able to do some day trips nearby if not too costly.

I think it would cost us the same there (including budgeting for food & fuel) as the week we've priced up in Dominican Republic on all inclusive.

I'd love to hear people experiences of Naples to help me make me mind up.

Thanks
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 15, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I've come across what I think is a good deal to stay at Naples Grande Beach Resort for the May half term and am really considering booking it, but I need to research the area a little first so what better place to ask then here

We have been to Naples before but it was over ten years ago, pre kids, and we went in December and had cold weather

We're after a short break, with good wether so we can be on the beach or by the pool most of the day.

We don't want to spend a fortune on food to keep costs down so we'd need to be able to eat out cheaply. Last time we booked high end restaurants as cost wasn't an issue.

We'd have a car for the whole time we're there so might be able to do some day trips nearby if not too costly.

I think it would cost us the same there (including budgeting for food & fuel) as the week we've priced up in Dominican Republic on all inclusive.

I'd love to hear people experiences of Naples to help me make me mind up.

Thanks
We are going in aug for 9 nights staying at the naples beach hotel, it s our first time there but heared nothing but good things, if your interested I paid £80 per night through travel republic
Old 14 Feb 15, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MINI MOUSE
Very Serious Dibber

We loved Naples, such a relaxing place. Loved the beach, loved the shopping Mall where there was a Cheesecake Factory, boat trips, ten pin bowling, just driving round seeing other places, Marco Island etc. We didn't find eating out expensive, lots of the restaurants on 5th Ave had special deals on offer. Would recommend Bellasara Hotel, these were like apartments , beautiful rooms and pool area.
MINI MOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 15, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

It's £2055 for 2ad 1ch direct flights from Heathrow to Miami and 7 nights at 5* Naples Grande Beach.

It'll be an extra £150 for full size car for the week with Alamo Brits.

I think that's a pretty good deal
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 15, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

We love Naples and are going for a fortnight this summer. We are staying at the Naples Bay Resort, in the same Condo as we were in last year. we usually eat cheaply for most days/nights but tend to splash out for an expensive restaurant on 1 night. we eat at TGI's Sweet tomatoes etc. There is an shopping outlet and Naples Flatbread is there which is DH's and the kids favourite place (the kids because they share the smores!)
I love the vibe in Naples and its laid back feel. Love going to the pier at night too.
Old 14 Feb 15, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We love Naples and usually stay there for a few days every time we go over to Florida now. All the usual chain restaurants are the like a Outback, Olive Garden etc so all pretty reasonably priced. Lots of non chain places as well especially on Fifth Avenue, we find that it's only expensive if you eat at high end places, we usually grab a large sub roll from Publix for our lunches on the beach and eat at a restaurant in the evening. Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 15, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
bamboo
Excited about Disney

you could try this for something different jetpaction
bamboo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 15, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ThenameisMouse
Getting Excited

We are going to the grande beach for Christmas this year! Hope you have a great time.
1987 88HolidayInn IDrive, 2000 The Swan Disney Honeymoon,2004 Xmas Grande Beach Naples, 2005 Hawks Cay The keys,2006 Yankee Clipper Fort lauderdale,DD1st trip2009 Port Orleans FQ, Ds1stTrip Oct12 Port Orleans Riverside,Oct 2014 Riverside,2015 Christmas in Orlando/Naples, 2016Animal Kingdom Lodge,Oct 2017Miami&Universal,Oct 18 Naples, Oct 19 Naples
ThenameisMouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 15, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
markiemark90
Very Serious Dibber

markiemark90's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post
you could try this for something different jetpaction
This looks mint

we are going to fort myers beach this year (although the fort myers one seems miles from beach!)

Thanks

Mark
markiemark90 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 15, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We always stay at the Cove Inn in Olde Naples. It overlooks the marina
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread