Notices

Old 2 Jan 16, 03:07 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

It's A Magic Cruising Christmas 2015 - Day 6 Sea Day & Palo

Hi everyone, hope you all recovered from New Year!
We started our day with a trip to the breakfast buffet and with it being a new year and plan to be healthy we decided to eat accordingly... ok who am I kidding I'm still on holiday so healthy rules don't kick in until we are home!

On that basis I loaded up with lots of sweet treats - omg the mini cinnamon sticky bun was so melt in the mouth! And the donut and in fact every calorie that entered my mouth was worth it!

Today was a sea day and we were heading to Castaway Cay, the boat was a lot slower today and for miles around there was just water! It didn't feel too warm yet, but that was OK as we had some activities we wanted to do inside for a couple of hours

We had been missing Hollywood Studios and the animation classes, so was really pleased to see that had a class this morning!

We were drawing Donald Duck, it was the same approach as in the parks - start with a circle and build up from there. Here is my attempt

And here is Jez's

We decided to stick around here as in 30 mins there was another craft class - memory pages but the pages were 2 pretty to stick foam on! I saved mine to bring home

Instead I coloured Minnie Mouse!

The next few hours were spent snoozing in the sun - I'm afraid this trip report isn't that exciting at the moment with sunbathing any eating mostly! But not long until the shopping starts lol!

Buffet lunch - I seriously am going to be rolling off this damn boat! I'm hoping all that shopping will burn some calories lol!

This my friends is my own personal crepe design...

After lunch I'm back up to deck 10 as the Disney Wonder is about to pass us - I'm waving and hoping fellow Dibber / All things crushing expert
'Bats' can see me! We exchange Dibb messages and in case you are reading Joa hope you are also having a magical cruise!

This afternoon I have a pure pamper experience - facial, massage and my second acupuncture session. The spa is really beautiful - it's not cheap as you can guess I'm sure, but the treatments are wonderful.
After checking in I was shown to the changing room and given a robe, then sat on a giant lounger waiting for my therapist to arrive.
The massage was first and it was hot stone all over, it was blissful and even better to hear the cracks and knots fading away! Next up was my facial and again a really lovely experience. It was $249 which is ridiculous really and then with service at 18% it's a lot! But I suppose it was 2 hours and I did feel very relaxed...
Just in time for my next injection session - I mean acupuncture! This time it was a lot better, I guess as I was expecting the needles - don't get me wrong it really doesn't hurt! Once I was all 'injected' I was left to relax for some time. When she came back I had my face massage and then she recommended me my 'herbs' I did buy 3 months supply (I went for a combination of stress / anxiety reduction and weight control $199 for 3 months supply) she went through all of the instructions and recommended follow-up sessions locally. I've since looked at it varies between £40 - £75 per session in the UK. Both Jez and I agree we will try it for 3 months and see if it helps... I'll let you know next trippie!

It was now 6pm and I'd booked Palo for 7pm, it was pirate night again and so we thought this was a good night to try something different. Palo is a set price of $30 per head and OMG we would have paid double and more as hopefully you will see from the photos!
I decided a bit of hair bling would be most appropriate for tonight!

I also mention it is an adult only restaurant and there is a dress code for men of either jacket or dress shirt (I was shocked to see a couple of men wearing polo shirts given there were signs up and I'd read about it being really strict!)

We were greeted and presented with a mixed starter as a pre-starter! OMG - if this was a sign of what was to come we were seriously impressed! It was so yummy!

I had a glass of wine in the biggest ever wine glass ($10.75)

Whilst Jez had a Bellini in the smallest ever glass lol! ($8.00)

For starter Jez had the white bean soup - he described it as 'a bit like the Canadian cheese and bacon soup from Epcot, but a bit more froffy, and totally delicious!'

I had a mozzarella and tomato salad - I'm sure you don't need me to expand on this, but the cheese was very creamy!

As a cleanser we had a small lemon sorbet

Jez went for the lamb and it was 'simply delicious, the tenderest lamb I've ever had'

I love mushrooms so was very pleased to see this on the menu in a risotto, it was melt in the mouth yummy!

We had ordered our soufflé earlier and this was brought over and was out of this world!
We can't recommend this restaurant enough, the standard in the normal restaurants are great but this really is another level - if you get the chance you won't be disappointed

So that brings me to the end of today - I am sorry content is a bit light and tomorrow is back to castaway cay for our last full day... before arriving back at Miami ;-)
Thanks for reading - see you tomorrow in paradise Debs xxx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 2 Jan 16 2:17 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Another fab day for you both, you had good intentions by picking up a banana for breakfast but then it went all pear shaped lol Holidays are for enjoying, not calorie counting!
I had acupuncture on a duff knee a couple of years ago and it certainly helped the repair process, defo worth trying.
Your evening meal looked fab except for your mushroom dish, Jez's lamb more than made up for it though.
See ya tomorrow on the beach 😉
ps what happened to Jez's Donald, it looks sea sick lol

Edited at 07:43 AM. Reason: adding comments
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Hi debs another lovely day... loving the animation class pics and the evening meal looks to die for.. Bet I've put calories on just looking at that soufflé lol... have a great day at castaway cay and look forward to reading all about it
Sam x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Fabulous day!
Old 2 Jan 16, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Oh thatfood looks amazing
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely food...look forward to paradise tomorrow 😀
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Happy New Year Debs and Jez. The food looks amazing! The holiday seems to have been very relaxing - just what was needed I guess! x
Twinklestar1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Anothe great day! What a way to start the New Year!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Wow! Food looks amazing, wish I was there.
Looks like an amazing relaxing holiday, enjoy every minute.
Great reporting, look forward to Castaway again x
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List