Notices

Old 5 Jan 16, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

It's A Magic Cruising Christmas 2015 - Day 9 Miami Shop Part 2

Today was a lazy morning, looking outside it was pretty grey! So of course a perfect day to shop!

We didn't leave the hotel until about 8.30am and decided to try and find somewhere for breakfast on the way, of course the sat nav took us on the highway and funnily enough they don't have breakfast places!

So we arrived at Sawgrass at 10am just as it was opening and headed straight to the food court. Jez picked us up breakfast - dirty Burger King, but it filled a gap!

I worked on the map and highlighted all the places I wasn't to check out and then plan a route. Sawgrass is absolutely huge, so I'd definitely recommend this unless you want to walk around in circles!

It is an outlet mall and I was hoping for some great bargains... I just didn't find any! The stores all had sales ranging from 40-70% off but the stock was just really poor, what I mean is for example in Michael Kors - it was just all made for outlets, there is a big different in quality and style in my opinion and I was really disappointed. Kate Spade was 60% off and at the back an additional 20% but it was all of the same stock that I had picked up in Orlando last year (the purses and earrings) so I just didn't see anything new!

Tory Burch was another store I had high hopes for but it was moving locations today! So the store was kinda packing up and again I just didn't see anything different from Orlando and the ballet pumps were nice but not nice enough for the $200 they were still charging!

A bit defeated I decided we needed a new game plan! We needed to leave and go somewhere else lol

Before leaving I had to nip to Target and picked up a couple more planner related items - these are just bigger than A4 size and were $3 each

Second one!

I looked on a map to see where the next nearest mall was and it was Dolphin Mall about 20 mins away, we arrived and I hate to say this but again it was a second grade outlet with not a lot of new stuff... fear not - I needed lunch to get an attitude adjustment! That would help right?

I had Chinese

And Jez had subway... he loves it but I can't stand the place lol!

Full tummy feeling more positive I headed to Victoria Secret - it was heaving! Queueing took about 45 mins!

Most of the sale items were 40% off - but Christmas gift sets were 60% off. I picked up this grey set for about $25 together. It's by no means outlet prices, but I was still happy :-) (and on tomorrow's report you will see I did better than outlet prices when I found additional 40% off lowest ticket price! )

And this makeup bag was $18

And I found the matching trackie top to my bottoms I got yesterday and this is was $24

Love the back of it - suits me perfectly lol!

I did want to check out BBW as it was there annual sale, it had been on for over a week so the candle selection was not huge - I picked up just one large candle at $11

And 6 medium ones at $6.25 each, the medium ones last about 4 days of solids burning for me - I do like a candle in my study when I'm working and they do have a good reach - is that the right word?!? Hopefully you know what I mean!

Feeling slightly more upbeat about things I decided I wanted to go back to Aventura Mall from yesterday. I really wanted a new watch and just didn't see anything I loved at the outlets, I knew I wanted either Kate Spade ( They don't have a dedicated store but stock in Neiman M) or Michael Kors. Traffic was terrible and took us over an hour to get there. I must say traffic has been generally heavy and everywhere has taken almost double the time you would usually expect - just something to take into account

I decided on Michael Kors and did splash out on this one, it's limited edition but they donate 100 meals for every watch purchased

It's so beautiful, they do all the adjustments in store and I love it! It's even signed on the back by the main man... it was just over $300 but considering I wear a watch most days I'm good with that!

Look how pretty it is!

I also picked up these beautiful espadrille (is that how you spell it?!?) shoes - they are in the classic luggage colour and they were $89. They did also come in black leather and a denim canvas. I probably won't get a chance to wear anytime soon but I know when it does finally get hot they will have sold out! Plus I'm going to Sydney in a couple of weeks and I do get one day free so may be good then as its summer over there!

I was now all done (well at least for today lol!) so it was time to leave and find somewhere for dinner! We both love Olive Garden and there was one on route home

It had to be salad and bread sticks for me to start

Jez went for the soup

For main course I had the lighter lemon chicken

Jez had the cheese ravioli. Dinner was absolutely lovely and with full tummies we made our way home to finish packing before our travel day tomorrow! Sorry it took so long to post this day... I will be back shortly with travel day and a few final purchases! Debs xxx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 16, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Boo, nothing to read whilst eating breakfast listening to the rain hammering it down outside 😉 x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 16, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
oh no! Sat in work with cup of tea before starting and no Debs to brighten the day.
You must have had a seriously good shopping day! Look forward to reading the report when you are refreshed x
Twinklestar1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 16, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Look forward to it!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 16, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Oh no! I've booked a night next door to Sawgrass! Why rubbish?

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 16, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Larajp
Excited about Disney

Loved your report Debs- looking forward to the last selection of purchases! I cant wait to go shopping there in April!
Larajp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 16, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

If you were that tired we are n for a bumper read. Have a nice sleep and we will see you soon x
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 16, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hope you have a good sleep, looking forward to reading it x
Many Happy Returns INDEX - May/June 2023
Disneyloverz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 16, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Getting depressed without my Debs and Jez fix every morning lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 16, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Hope everything is ok - we have not had a report for a few days. Missing the morning cup of tea and catch up! x
Twinklestar1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List