Notices

Old 11 Jan 16, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

It's A Magic Cruising Christmas 2015 - Day 10 Home And What's Next...

Today was home time, we were not flying until 9pm so not in any major rush. A lazy start not checking out until 11am

We decided to go and see a film and looked for somewhere close by - we picked The Shops at Sunset Place which was only 20 mins or so away

The film of choice was Daddy's Home with Will Ferrel and Mark Wahlberg, it was a funny movie and worth wasting a couple of hours on lol!

After the film we were both hungry and I was delighted to see there was a Panera bread - it's one of my favourites for breakfast and lunch! I had soup and a flatbread

Jez had a toasted steak sandwich

There was still a couple of hours to kill so of course it would be rude not to check out the shops just one more time! I found this gorgeous set in F21 for $20 for the 3 pieces and then I struck jackpot at VS. I mentioned it was the semi-annual sale well now it was an additional 40% of sale prices, this pretty much now matches outlet prices! I got these 3 set for just under $20 each very happy with that!

I had an appointment at the airport at 6pm as I had applied for the global entry programme because of the amount of travelling I do, it only took about 10 mins and I'm now all sorted meaning future travel to US I can use fast-track! Yipppeeeee

We spent the next couple of hours in the lounge waiting to be called and having a few snacks lol!
I have to say that's pretty much it for travel day... as soon as we boarded I set up my bed position and I was under duvet and asleep within about 10 Mins! I woke up as the lights came on for landing - brilliant!

We arrived home around 1pm on Wednesday and the rest of the week was a struggle I won't lie! Getting back into a normal sleep pattern was tough - I think when I'm traveling for work in kind of on auto pilot which helps me re-adjust but holidays I always struggle more!
So in terms of summing up the whole cruise experience we would not hesitate to recommend, it was extremely relaxing - the service and food was unbelievable and Castaway cay is paradise! The only caution is additional charges, with it being cashless on board it is easy to mount up! Remember all excursions, alcoholic drinks, spa and service are not included and we did spend quite a lot! If I had one recommendation I'd say go to Palo's - it was the most amazing experience ever and well worth the $30 each...

So what's next, well I am delighted to say we have booked 2 more trips and new countdowns lol! We have utilised points on both BA and Virgin to do the following:
Trip 1 - 17th to 26th July, flying Heathrow to Miami Premium Economy both ways with British Airways. We will mainly focus on Universal with a couple of days in Disney and lots of shopping lol!
Trip 2 - 13th - 23rd November, flying Gatwick to Orlando Premium Economy on the way out and UC on the way back and this will be mainly Disney with a couple of days in Universal and lots more shopping!
A huge thank you to everyone who read and commented along the way, sorry I was slack on the last few days...and in the famous words - I'll be back! Debs xxx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 16, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 11 Jan 16 9:21 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 16, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Sorry I took so long everyone! I definitely need to do real-time next time, so much harder when you are home! xx
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 16, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Another great trip report, can't wait for your next one, we're doing similar to you for our next trips, just universal in May, then mainly Disney and a little bit of universal in November.

Thanks for writing about Escapology we tried this in November, made it out with seconds to spare! Loved it and we'll definitely be going back in May. xx
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 16, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Nice purchases at VS at a bargain price to finish off your shopping today.

Great that you could sleep all the way home – must be very nice.

Excited to see you have more trips already booked.

Thanks for taking the time to do the report again – it was great to read along.

Diane x
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Nice end to another great trip report Debs, thank you
You must have a whole room dedicated to your underwear storage as every trip you buy more lol
Here's looking forward to the next trip in July
Take care both of you and hope to catch up soon x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsstitch
slightly serious Dibber

Great trip report as always and interesting to see a disney cruise in so much detail.
Love your shopping hauls - looking forward to your next trips!
mrsstitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyme
Excited about Disney

I do love your reports Debs! Roll on July and November
disneyme is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Once again thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along, sounds like you both had a fabulous time

Joan
Old 12 Jan 16, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Loved reading your report once again. It's spurred me on to do another one this year. I love reading everyone's reports and seeing pics, especially of shopping! We are just doing Disney this year in August. 2 weeks at Port Orleans Riverside and we are super excited. I'm already working on my shopping plan. We arrive on a Thurs evening so I'm thinking I may need to get in some outlets time before the weekend!
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List