Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jun 16, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinmac1
Apprentice Imagineer

Best app for wait times?

There seem to be many apps which say they give accurate wait times. Obviously there is the My Disney Experience app and I have a Touring Plans subscription but there are also others This is all new since we last went in 2012 so I was wondering which apps you find are the best for Disney and Universal?
Pinmac1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 16, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post

The 'Magic Guide for Disney World - Wait Times, Dining & Maps' is really amazing, it gives you really good in depth information! Also 'Wait Times for Universal Studios Orlando' is good too! Available on the App Store, don't know about Android though. Hope this helps!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 16, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Touring Plans Lines app. You do need to join touring plans, but it's not that expensive, and there's great info

The Disney wait times were spot on in Nov. We got in a line that said 40 minutes on the sign, but touring plans said 23 minutes, and that's what it was from entering the line till we got in the cart

The only wait they got horribly wrong was The Simpsons Ride at Universal. We're not sure what happened there. Everything else, as I said, was spot on to the minute.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 16, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Nazzer
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We used my disney experience app and universal own. Both accurate with the benefit of booking your fast passes on disney one
Nazzer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 16, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
wotever
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I use the wait times app available on the dibb... we go every week and it's always accurate.
Old 8 Jun 16, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
We found the MDE wait times were often inflated (as were the times posted by some rides) in order to redirect crowds which is why we relied more on the Touring Plans app.

Have only just seen the Dibb one. That looks like it'll be good for DLP
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;

Edited at 09:42 AM.
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinmac1
Apprentice Imagineer

I've heard too that the Disney MDE app times can be over-inflated and that the Touring Plan times are more accurate. I can't find a Dibb app - can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Edit: Just realised that it is probably the Wait Times Live too the right here. I have added that as a shortcut on my phone which I can compare with the other 2.

Edited at 12:24 AM.
Pinmac1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 16, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Pinmac1 View Post
I've heard too that the Disney MDE app times can be over-inflated and that the Touring Plan times are more accurate. I can't find a Dibb app - can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Edit: Just realised that it is probably the Wait Times Live too the right here. I have added that as a shortcut on my phone which I can compare with the other 2.
I have this app on my phone but it says you have to pay and subscribe to get all information- is there a way to see all the greyed out attractions?
Usababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Touring Plans has always been the best IMO. People are posting real time info on that one as well as their genius algorithms 🙃
Old 12 Jun 16, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Originally Posted by Usababe View Post
I have this app on my phone but it says you have to pay and subscribe to get all information- is there a way to see all the greyed out attractions?
The only way is to pay and subscribe to Touring Plans. It's not much and it gets you so much more than just the app. They have so much useful help on their website. There's usually a discount for first time subscriber as well. I joined last year about 2 months before our trip, and didn't even discover all it could do till we got back, there's just so much. But worth every penny
Closed Thread