Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jun 16, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Fefster View Post
I would be really interested to hear from anyone who has gone to Epcot after FEA has started running, to see what the difference is to TT and Soarin.
I predict the queues for TT and Soarin' will reduce, albeit only by a small amount.

When FEA opens it'll be an extra ride that will attract people which, in turn, means it'll attract people away from these other rides. Whilst people are in the FEA queue or riding it, then they won't be in the queue for TT or Soarin'.

So... if there are X people wanting to go on two rides then, on average, each ride will have X/2 people in the queue. If those people now want to go on three rides then, on average, each ride will have X/3 people in the queue. X/3 is less than X/2.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 16, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

i've spent most of the morning doing various plans on touring plans to try and fit these 3 rides in over 2 visits.

1st plan is to do 1 morning just the westside with test track FP etc. 2nd visit is for a while day. to do east side and frozen , some of the world showcase.

It's proving tricky to plan for the frozen day, the plans predicted 30min q for soaring up until about 10am so would have to queue for that to get in the frozen FP.

Or, I ditch soarin and go back and do that on another visit when we are offsite as we are there for 20 nights fortunately

it's hard to tell what it's all going to be like until the frozen stuff opens, but I need to book my FP's on the 19th June!

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 16, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I predict the queues for TT and Soarin' will reduce, albeit only by a small amount.

When FEA opens it'll be an extra ride that will attract people which, in turn, means it'll attract people away from these other rides. Whilst people are in the FEA queue or riding it, then they won't be in the queue for TT or Soarin'.

So... if there are X people wanting to go on two rides then, on average, each ride will have X/2 people in the queue. If those people now want to go on three rides then, on average, each ride will have X/3 people in the queue. X/3 is less than X/2.
I don't think you are taking into account the massive upsurge of people arriving in Epcot to ride FEA. There won't be the same number of people, there will be more, so your maths don't add up.
People can't get enough of that Frozen stuff. They eat up the merch like locusts, the Anna & Elsa meet is the most popular thing at Disney at the moment, I can't see the ride being any different.

Edited at 01:54 PM.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 16, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I don't think you are taking into account the massive upsurge of people arriving in Epcot to ride FEA. There won't be the same number of people, there will be more, so your maths don't add up.
People can't get enough of that Frozen stuff. They eat up the merch like locusts, the Anna & Elsa meet is the most popular thing at Disney at the moment, I can't see the ride being any different.
I knew you'd say that.

Yes, there'll probably be a slight increase in the number of visitors to Epcot. But it'll only be a few percent increase. When Disney finally opened New Fantasyland and 7DMT, the number of guests at MK went up by 4%. So, yes, they'll be more people visiting Epcot. But they'll also be an additional ride.

So... with two rides then, on average, each ride will have X/2 (=0.5X) people in the queue. Even if as many as 20% more people now want to go on three rides then, on average, each ride will have 1.2*X/3 (=0.4X) people in the queue. 0.4X is less than 0.5X.

BTW, the Anna&Elsa meet is currently not the most popular thing at Disney. The wait times to see Cinderella and Rapunzel are just as long. The queues at Peter Pan Flight, 7DMT and Space Mountain are often twice as long.

Anyway, are you ditching Epcot because it will get busier due to new rides? Or are you ditching Epcot because of the tiered Fastpass system?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:21 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 16, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I knew you'd say that.

Yes, there'll probably be a slight increase in the number of visitors to Epcot. But it'll only be a few percent increase. When Disney finally opened New Fantasyland and 7DMT, the number of guests at MK went up by 4%. So, yes, they'll be more people visiting Epcot. But they'll also be an additional ride.

So... with two rides then, on average, each ride will have X/2 (=0.5X) people in the queue. Even if as many as 20% more people now want to go on three rides then, on average, each ride will have 1.2*X/3 (=0.4X) people in the queue. 0.4X is less than 0.5X.

Anyway, are you ditching Epcot because it will get busier due to new rides? Or are you ditching Epcot because of the tiered Fastpass system?
You lost me at '1.2*X/3 (=0.4X)'

Perhaps you should add in a multiplication factor of (Z-2)+Twelvety to factor in the crazy Frozen hoardes.

Anyway, yes, the tiered system is a problem, because we only have one day for Epcot.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 16, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tolton
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm not staying on site, so can't do EMH. I also think some of these comments have not taken into account that people will generally not be fast passing either TT or Soarin, because they will be doing Frozen instead. This will make the standby lines massive. That's my prediction anyway.
As a comparison at HS Toy Story Mania was always the 'hot' FP from tier 1 but his didn't have an adverse affect on the standby line for RnR or the other tier 1 rides.

I understand your point and Frozen is going to be big but look at the other side of it. Once the FP has gone for Frozen parents will still be queuing in the standby for it so it could have a positive impact on Soarin and TT. All depends how you look at it.
tolton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 16, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
You could not bother with the rides. EPCOT is so much more interesting than any of the other parks
We don't bother with the rides, because they're not worth queuing for. We usually skip the whole park because it's dull.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 16, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Jim DiGriz View Post
We don't bother with the rides, because they're not worth queuing for. We usually skip the whole park because it's dull.
Best tell the 11.8m visitors per year to the worlds 6th most popular amusement / theme park not to bother... If it's so dull.
miked1e is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 16, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jim DiGriz View Post
I did feel the same, but I think Epcot is a grower so I was willing to give it another go. It seems that it is only really suitable for those on site with the opportunity to go for more than one day.
Old 11 Jun 16, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I did feel the same, but I think Epcot is a grower so I was willing to give it another go. It seems that it is only really suitable for those on site with the opportunity to go for more than one day.
You don't have to be onsite to go more than one day, the ultimate tickets mean you can come and go as you please and they're not exclusive to onsite guests. Even as an onsite guest I'll only have the opportunity to choose 1 of the 3 main rides I want to do. I'll have to queue or go 3 times and we probably won't do 3 days at Epcot.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread